Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Black Dymond Gripper Floorboards in stock!

I'm loving these floorboards. They flow nicely with the lines of the F3 and they feel great. We just got them in yesterday and the first person to see them bought a set. These are made to go in place of the OEM floorboards but buy next week I should have the peg adapters done for those of you with stock pegs. This will give you the custom look your ride deserves.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...nly-lamonster/

Video

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They look good, are they or will they be available for the RT? Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    They look good, are they or will they be available for the RT? Dale
    We will be making them for the RT with that have pegs now.

Spyder Garage

Lamont, These are AWESOME!!! They're so nice I had to restrain myself from purchasing them...heck, I don't even own an F3!!!!
    2015 RT-S Special Series BajaRons bar w/heim links, Spyderpops bumpskid, Lamonster's - Dual power plate w/gps swivel, NBV pegs, IPS lidlox & key cover, Spyder cuff w/holder, Perf cat-delete pipe w/ BC Thunder QQ baffle, Ultra brt LED fog & headlights. TricLED safety bundle & Wide Vu, Stebel horn, Akrapovic sport exhaust, Ultimate Croc inlay seat, BRP passenger armrests, BRP air scoop, ISCI handbrake, 23" vent windshield, Garmin 595 GPS w/Kradellock, Magic mirrors.

Spyder Garage

Default Very Nice....

Does flow with the lines of the F3. Should be a success for both the models....9
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards

Those are some Good Looking PARTS.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Probably a dumb question but do they work with all the floorboard positions? 2,3,4,5? Mine is on 4 or 5, not sure. On Joan's Spyder, they look like they are all the way up but the brake is at around 2 or 3.
    Yes they work in all settings.

Spyder Garage

Very nice. Worth consideration here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Very nice.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

Lamont, they look fantastic.......a couple of questions -

Are they shown in position #5 ? (they appear to butt up against the F3 splash guards)
    How long are they? (The RIP boards appear much longer, but narrower)
    Do they have the same foot angle as the RIPs? (Allows easy access to the brake)

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Lamont, they look fantastic.......a couple of questions -

Are they shown in position #5 ? (they appear to butt up against the F3 splash guards)
    How long are they? (The RIP boards appear much longer, but narrower)
    Do they have the same foot angle as the RIPs? (Allows easy access to the brake)

Pete
    These are in the #4 position and they are above the splash guard. The picture is deceiving. If I remember right they are about 2.5" front the front fender all the way forward. There is so much room that in the even in the #3 position you can move past the #4 position. I will say the pictures don't do it justice.

Spyder Garage

I cant wait! They will ship probably tomorrow and hopefully Ill have them installed before the Spyder Ryders Ryde next Saturday to Ben Wheeler. Stay tuned for pics and review.
    You have to remove and install 4 bolts so I'm sure you'll get them done in plenty of time.

Spyder Garage

Lamont are you going to abandon the original floorboards for the F3? Or will you still be coming out with the highway pegs for them? The ones that will mount on the outside. I'm still having a problem on long rides with my comfort level. The new ones with the adjustable brackets to turn in are the bomb. I have short legs they would help immensely! Would it be more cost effective to change boards? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I took my spyder in almost 2 weeks ago to have the front shocks adjusted for my fat butt and they still have it. Hopefully I will have it in a couple of days. All my new farkles coming in are piling up in a box.
    Amazing! Two weeks to adjust the front shocks? Might be a good idea to check the odometer when you pick it up just to reassure yourself they haven't been using it as a demonstrator.

You could have ridden it down to my neighborhood, San Antonio - New Braunfels, and had the job done by Kent PowerSports or Woods Cycle Country and ridden back in, at most, two days.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Lamont are you going to abandon the original floorboards for the F3? Or will you still be coming out with the highway pegs for them? The ones that will mount on the outside. I'm still having a problem on long rides with my comfort level. The new ones with the adjustable brackets to turn in are the bomb. I have short legs they would help immensely! Would it be more cost effective to change boards? Tom
    Yes, I have the same question, Tom, but for the opposite reason. I currently have the inside highway pegs on my RIP boards, and in position #5, with size 15 boots, they can interfere with brake operation if you aren’t vigilant. Pegs mounts on the outside of the boards would fix this issue. I am not keen on the new Diamond boards simply from the lesser amount of length they would appear to provide to size 15 boots.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

That is why I am not keen on the large brake pedal. They take away from the foot room and if you have to do a quick stop, you do not want the bottom of the brake pedal to get in the way. I wish there was like a 3/4 break pedal. just a little larger than stock but not as long as the large one they have out. With the gripper surface, It could make it safer still.
    Yeah, I tried the large pedal too, AY, but my foot was hanging off the side of the board. I am quite happy with the stock pedal, but I know exactly where you are coming from. Those black diamond boards look great. My issue with the inside RIP highway pegs is that when I apply the brake pedal, if I have the size 15s placed too far forward on the RIP boards the boot toe contacts the curved bracket that the peg bolts into on the bracket, meaning I can not apply full brake pressure. I am used to it now, but I would really prefer an externally mounted highway peg bracket for the RIP boards. It would be great to have RIP passenger boards, too. Hopefully they are still in the Lamonster pipeline and haven’t been shelved due to the Black Diamond boards.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

This pic shows the gap I have now where before it was rubbing the splash guard.
    Nice looking boards, AY.....and they look wide enough at the front that you could indeed fit a slightly wider brake pedal and still keep your feet on the boards.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.