Thread: Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Guard

Does anyone make a belt guard for a 2015 F3SE?
    I have a damaged belt that needs replacing. Chip seal ride on a road to Death Valley last year and just now discovered the damage.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know 🤔

Check with spyderpops if anyone has them he's the one. You'll find him on the home page or PM him ..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The one they sell is for a '16 and up F3T or Limited. You can Call Harvey and see if he or you can make it work. I had one on my ST and it is just a simple piece of bent plastic with a 2 sided tape on it.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Does anyone make a belt guard for a 2015 F3SE?
    I have a damaged belt that needs replacing. Chip seal ride on a road to Death Valley last year and just now discovered the damage.
    How much are they charging you for the belt replacement? Mine has a little damage and dealer wants to change all the sprockets as well for over $1000!!!

Spyder Garage

Reading this thread prompted me to hurry and order The missing belt guard on Spyderpops. 45.00 is a good insurance policy from this happening to me. The belt guard on your Spyder only comes with a outside guard but the rocks come from the inside mostly. The missing belt guard protects the belt and sprocket from your own tire throwing up a rock into the belt from the inside. I have less than 800 miles on my Spyder and have already encountered 2 roads under construction where I had to keep going on rock.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Belt replacement

I originally brought my 2015 F3SE into the shop in Reno NV to have the front sprocket removed and put back on with 660 loctite. In the process the mechanic ( Cameron, whom I trust) discovered tar embedded rocks that had damaged the belt. So the total charge for the labor and parts is $632.97 (belt can be purchased from “cheap motorcycle parts” for approx. $309.00). The integrity of the belt was “iffy”, but I am cautious with making sure the bike will be reliable. I have owned several bikes with open belt drives and put hundreds of thousands of miles on them and never had any belt defects. My wife’s identical bike with similar touring miles had no belt defects. Go figure.
    Really think I need a belt guard.