Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BRP Connect

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    I'm here to tell you that we just did a 9,000 mile trip and I can't believe how many places we were in that had no cell service or internet. I'm not talking about being out in the sticks.
    We're getting ready to go to Alaska in a couple of months and there is a lot of areas between here and there that don't have cell or internet.
    Seems when you don't have cell service the GPS sometimes doesn't work either.
    It's been awhile since I looked at the settings but I think on my Android there is an option under locations to use GPS only. Check that out.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

One of the things that we have been asking for .................... MPG on the fly is now a feature in BRP Connect, you can see how your mileage improves or decreases while you are riding depending on gear and speed. Cool.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All I see when I switch to BRP Connect is music, Genius Maps and Accuweather. When I switch out of BRP Connect I get the main dash where I can see and switch to radio, set up the Bluetooth, check bike stats etc. is there a new app in BRP Connect that shows mileage and fuel consumption?

also, all smartphones have three antennas, cell, WiFi and GPS. So as long as you have built in map data you can use GPS. Google maps and Waze require cell or WiFi.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Some info I just heard about Genius maps, there is a Genius Maps Pro that cost 40.00 and traffic both of these or in app purchases

Ride safe!!
    2015 RT L , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    All I see when I switch to BRP Connect is music, Genius Maps and Accuweather. When I switch out of BRP Connect I get the main dash where I can see and switch to radio, set up the Bluetooth, check bike stats etc. is there a new app in BRP Connect that shows mileage and fuel consumption?

also, all smartphones have three antennas, cell, WiFi and GPS. So as long as you have built in map data you can use GPS. Google maps and Waze require cell or WiFi.
    Google maps now lets you download ans store maps for 30 days.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Stefan,
    This whole BRP connect thing is just a big change, and nothing more...
    If some fool in Canada thought it up: it must be possible for some fools in the USA to figure it all out!
    Bob, absolutely. I took it in to the shop today, they said there is a service bulletin for the software.
    They said they had to order some parts and could not upgrade it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    One of the things that we have been asking for .................... MPG on the fly is now a feature in BRP Connect, you can see how your mileage improves or decreases while you are riding depending on gear and speed. Cool.

Cruzr Joe
    Where?

Spyder Garage

I was looking through the stuff in the plastic bag that came with the Spyder and I found a rebate of $90 if we buy the apps

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    Where?
    There's a spot in there for "Trip stuff": it's in there...
    I think that it's in with the trip odometers.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Found this. Its a 2018 owner that has some interesting info on how the dash works and a few tips about BRP Connect.

https://youtu.be/Jwz0IEEaI_4
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I also would love to see SiriusXM app added. Just got my 18 F3 and still trying to learn BRP Connect

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfee View Post
    I also would love to see SiriusXM app added. Just got my 18 F3 and still trying to learn BRP Connect
    I bug them weekly and if we all did it they would have to take notice and hopefully produce what we want. .
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I noticed yesterday that Rever and FOBO Bike was available on BRP connect. I already have FOBO Bike but when I clicked the app link in the list I was taken to the App Store to download FOBO Tire. It’s for cars and we don’t have the added feature that the car unit does. But when I loaded it on the bike I had to have to phone close so when I selected the new apps I had to hit OK on the phone so it would work. Now when FOBO bike opens on the dash the correct app opens. Kind of confusing but in the long run it works. So when you click on the link download FoboTire and then when you plug it into the bike and select it you will get FOBO bike and then you can remove FOBO tire from the phone. It’s a bit confusing.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Just purchased a 2018 spyder rt limited. It took a little bit to get used to the brp system, but got it to work well. Most of the buttons are a little stiff on the bike because it is so new, but in time they will be broken in. I use a lot of different gps apps and programs. I still have Navigon which is no longer supported but that works quite well. I had their motorcycle product Cruiser, which I liked because you can create your own routes. Oh well, they are both gone. I installed sygic because we do a lot of routing with no phone or data service available. 4 wheel and motorcyles. Like Navigon, you purchase the maps and download them right to the phone. Sygic was a little tricky because I purchased their app for android and downloaded the Fl and Ga maps. After pruchaseing the Spyder, I thought I would be able to use it, but as it turns out I had to install sygic for cars and purchase the connected maps which ran $69. The connected app allows it to stream live on the BRP screen. I had to do a separate download of the actual FL and Ga maps. The nice feature is that the maps are updated fro free and there is no renewal, it is for life (not my life but the life of sygic like we learned from navigon) Once installed I was able to get the the app to work perfectly on the BRP screen. It is really nice and what I found is that the size of each state map is about 200mb where the genius maps are 500mb for half the country,. I found that the sygic maps are very detailed, especially all of the off roading trips we took, there was a road on the map, no matter how deep in the woods or mountains. i was very impressed and that is why I went with sygic. Having a lot of fun with the Spyder. Taking it up to the Georgia mountains in a couple of weeks.