Thread: BRP Connect

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect

Those of you with a 2018 with BRP Connect, If you got it to work or you have suggestion put it here.

Spyder Garage

Default Genius Maps

Do I have to pay for the vehicle connect for it to work?

Spyder Garage

I just went to the Genius facebook page and they offer discounts on the service

Spyder Garage

Default you pay for the app

It looks like $2.99 USA

genius maps: gps navigation

Spyder Garage

My understanding is Genius Maps is only for point to point navigation, there is no ability to create custom routes....If anyone discovers a way to create custom routes with the 2018 let me know.... I always use custom routes for cross country trips...

Spyder Garage

I thought I read that Rever was used in some way. Never is a great product allowing you to customize routes. It resides on your phone. Only problem with us cheap folk is that int uses data all the time.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post
    My understanding is Genius Maps is only for point to point navigation, there is no ability to create custom routes....If anyone discovers a way to create custom routes with the 2018 let me know.... I always use custom routes for cross country trips...
    Look on their facebook page it shows how to do that. It was either facebook or their website

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post

What I found is you pick a destination and navigate to it. Click OK then, at the bottom, click on the two lines icon that looks like a highway (2nd from the right). Then swipe up and save the route. Then end it and do a search and find the new route. (give it a specific name if you want) As it opens and you see the complete route you can zoom in to the road or POI you want and touch/hold and you'll see a 3rd point. It asks to add destination and you click OK. I'm not sure how many you can make, I think as many as you want. Then click the highway symbol and swipe up then click the "Route Stops". It's on this list that you can touch/hold each numbered point and move them up/down to rearrange them. Then click the top left arrow then the "Drive". You can then get going or swipe up and save the route again with the new points. One of the things I noticed is if you pick a point on a frontage road and you are on a highway, Genius maps will want you to take an exit and pass the point to eliminate it. So make sure you zoom in to get the point on the road or at the spot you want.

I did a video that shows a 3 point route. You don't hav to end it but I did for the hell of it.

https://youtu.be/2zbUgfL-2bY
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 02-11-2018 at 02:43 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderglide View Post
    It looks like $2.99 USA

genius maps: gps navigation
    No the maps are free the connectivity is $50

Spyder Garage

Just purchased a 2018 spyder rt limited. It took a little bit to get used to the brp system, but got it to work well. Most of the buttons are a little stiff on the bike because it is so new, but in time they will be broken in. I use a lot of different gps apps and programs. I still have Navigon which is no longer supported but that works quite well. I had their motorcycle product Cruiser, which I liked because you can create your own routes. Oh well, they are both gone. I installed sygic because we do a lot of routing with no phone or data service available. 4 wheel and motorcyles. Like Navigon, you purchase the maps and download them right to the phone. Sygic was a little tricky because I purchased their app for android and downloaded the Fl and Ga maps. After pruchaseing the Spyder, I thought I would be able to use it, but as it turns out I had to install sygic for cars and purchase the connected maps which ran $69. The connected app allows it to stream live on the BRP screen. I had to do a separate download of the actual FL and Ga maps. The nice feature is that the maps are updated fro free and there is no renewal, it is for life (not my life but the life of sygic like we learned from navigon) Once installed I was able to get the the app to work perfectly on the BRP screen. It is really nice and what I found is that the size of each state map is about 200mb where the genius maps are 500mb for half the country,. I found that the sygic maps are very detailed, especially all of the off roading trips we took, there was a road on the map, no matter how deep in the woods or mountains. i was very impressed and that is why I went with sygic. Having a lot of fun with the Spyder. Taking it up to the Georgia mountains in a couple of weeks.