Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Drag Races Are On!!!

Run what you brung!

Thursday, May 3rd, 10 am to 3 pm. Test and tune, 1/8 mile, first, second and third fastest time in each class gets a gift certificate!

Classes are...

Ladies, all models, stock or modified...

GS/RS, stock or modified...

ST, stock or modified...

RT 998, stock or modified...

RT 1330, stock or modified...

F3, stock or modified...

Hyper, all models (Turbo, supercharged, NO2, Monster Tune, Aussie Tuned, Tuned).
    Free to all Spyderfest riders and spectators. It's all about having a good time.

Ozark Raceway Park
    8529 State Hwy U
    Rogersville, MO 65742

https://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Helmet, jacket, long pants and gloves required.
    Last edited by Yazz; 05-02-2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: More info...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!

Counting on you to post the results and tales of the track event...and who got what...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

YOU DID GOOD GIRL !!!! Thanks to you, for all the work you did to put this together
    I'm sure you just made a lot of attendees happy. Where's Seth ????????

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default Exciting

Of all years to have to miss this event and now this, darn the luck but glad for everyone else.
    Ranman42

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DRAG RACING

Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    YOU DID GOOD GIRL !!!! Thanks to you, for all the work you did to put this together
    ........ ......Joy , you are FANTASTIC be there or be square ............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Run what you brung!

Thursday, May 3rd, 10 am to 3 pm. Test and tune only, top speeds in each Spyder style gets a prize!
    Free to all Spyderfest riders and spectators. It's all about having a good time.

Ozark Raceway Park
    8529 State Hwy U
    Rogersville, MO 65742

It's on like Donkey Kong!
    Way to go!!! I'll be there to watch!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

are Ducati's allowed?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Counting on you to post the results and tales of the track event...and who got what...
    Will do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    This is about people getting together and having a good time. Seth will be in the mix somewhere I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranman42 View Post
    Of all years to have to miss this event and now this, darn the luck but glad for everyone else.
    Hopefully, the races will be a regular event again at Spyderfest.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ........ ......Joy , you are FANTASTIC be there or be square ............Mike
    You do know I've been practicing...

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Way to go!!! I'll be there to watch!
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you again. There's something for everyone at the races! They have a great food shack. The hot dogs are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    are Ducati's allowed?
    Run what you brung! Other two-wheelies will be racing too.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure this guy is there with his ST on nitrous!
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...rous-on-Spyder
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Sounds like I need to fill me some sandbags, and remember my secret to going fast. GREAT Job Girl!
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Carol and I are in, we had so much fun the last time she had the RS and I had a RT,{ she got me on both runs ] this time we both have F3 limited we can see how the 1330 do. For those of you that haven't do this your missing out on a lot of fun, to bad Doc an Forrest Dave an a few more won't be there.
    Thanks Yazz.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

GO GET THEM Girl!

WOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I won't be there this year can't get time off at work.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Ok you lot, what I'd love to see out of this is a nice table at the end of this comparing:
    • RS Pre-2013
    • RS 2013+
    • F3

Ideally all manuals or all autos

Then we can finally agree which is the fastest (which of course will be the pre-2013 RS;-))

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Make sure this guy is there with his ST on nitrous!
    Sweet! This is a great way to test his new installment. It'll be interesting to see his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Sounds like I need to fill me some sandbags, and remember my secret to going fast. GREAT Job Girl!
    Guess I'll be getting more sandbags than you.

My GS is going down the track this year. I remember your secret, and it will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    Carol and I are in, we had so much fun the last time she had the RS and I had a RT,{ she got me on both runs ] this time we both have F3 limited we can see how the 1330 do. For those of you that haven't do this your missing out on a lot of fun, to bad Doc an Forrest Dave an a few more won't be there.
    Thanks Yazz.
    So glad to see ya'll are coming to the races! With equal Spyders, it levels the playing field for you two. Hope you win one time, Carol wins the next, and it keeps going for a while.

Drag racing is fun! With a test and tune, you go down the track at your comfort level. Don't compare yourself to who is in the other lane. Except one time, I always lose. It doesn't bother me because some riders have been racing much longer than I. It's all about being with friends having a good time.

I do miss Doc, Forrest and the gang. Doc and Seth started this whole drag race tradition...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Ok you lot, what I'd love to see out of this is a nice table at the end of this comparing:
    • RS Pre-2013
    • RS 2013+
    • F3

Ideally all manuals or all autos

Then we can finally agree which is the fastest (which of course will be the pre-2013 RS;-))
    Good questions!

A little history... In the beginning, in '08, there were GSs. Their engines were called 900s. In '10 the RTs came out. BRP decided both the RS and RT engines should be the same and derated the engine and called it a 998. Bigger number, but it was derated. I have a '09, but it's a 900 and called a GS, the same year, some RSs were 998s. Confusing but true.

As far as I know, all RSs since that time have had the same engine, the 998. Nothing changed in '13 for the 998. The fact that they've discontinued the RS bears witness to the fact. BRP has moved to a new engine.

There are still squabbles out about the manual vs. auto shift. It depends on the rider's technique. There was a rider who was unbeaten on a GS SE5.

The last time there were drag races at Spyderfest, when the F3s first came out, there was no clock. A couple from Minnesota ruled the F3 races. It'll be interesting to see the times those two can do this year.

I have a GS and a F3. Two different beasts. I vote the GS all the way! The tale of the times will tell...

OK, these test and tunes are going to be a casual thing. There are electronics to tell the fastest time, and I need to separate all those times into different classes. GS/RS, RT, ST, F3 and two-wheelie. To further differentiate those classes into manual and auto will be tricky. I'm hoping when the winners are posted, they will say if they're SM or SE.

If anybody wants to correct anything above, feel free...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Good questions!

A little history... In the beginning, in '08, there were GSs. Their engines were called 900s. In '10 the RTs came out. BRP decided both the RS and RT engines should be the same and derated the engine and called it a 998. Bigger number, but it was derated. I have a '09, but it's a 900 and called a GS, the same year, some RSs were 998s. Confusing but true.

As far as I know, all RSs since that time have had the same engine, the 998. Nothing changed in '13 for the 998. The fact that they've discontinued the RS bears witness to the fact. BRP has moved to a new engine.

There are still squabbles out about the manual vs. auto shift. It depends on the rider's technique. There was a rider who was unbeaten on a GS SE5.

The last time there were drag races at Spyderfest, when the F3s first came out, there was no clock. A couple from Minnesota ruled the F3 races. It'll be interesting to see the times those two can do this year.

I have a GS and a F3. Two different beasts. I vote the GS all the way! The tale of the times will tell...

OK, these test and tunes are going to be a casual thing. There are electronics to tell the fastest time, and I need to separate all those times into different classes. GS/RS, RT, ST, F3 and two-wheelie. To further differentiate those classes into manual and auto will be tricky. I'm hoping when the winners are posted, they will say if they're SM or SE.

Actually I believe all the early V-Twinkies were 998 various years and models did list at different horsepowers but I think it was due to tuning or maybe sandbagging HP for insurance purposes. I do have a time slip somewhere from this track in either 13 or 14 for 13.71 on an 08 GS, now if I can just remember my trick.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Good questions!

There was a difference between the pre 2013 and 2013+ RS's. The older ones had the 990 series engine, while the later ones had 991 series.

The 991 engine was designed to be more fuel efficient and bring power in lower in the rev range, but also generated more heat

pre-2013 RS:

• 998 v-twin series 990
    • Power: 106 bhp @8500 RPM
    • Torque: 104.3Nm @ 6250 RPM
    • Weight: 700 lbs

2013+ RS:

• 998 v-twin series 991
    • Power: 100 bhp @7500 RPM
    • Torque: 108Nm @ 5000 RPM

F3

• 1330 triple
    • Power: 115 bhp @7250 RPM
    • Torque: 130Mn @ 5000 RPM
    • Weight: 900 lbs

The published 0-60 times are:

• RS pre 2013, 990 series engine, 4.5 seconds (2009 model tested)
    • RS 2013 onwards, 991 series engine, 4.6 seconds (2013 model tested)
    • F3, 4.8 seconds (2015 model tested)

Must admit I wasn't aware that the GS's has a different series engine from the older RS's.

With its 1330 engine the F3 should easily pass RS but then the extra 200lbs makes it slower, at least on the published results but that's what I want you lot to test:-)

Last edited by PistonBlown; 02-08-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Actually I believe all the early V-Twinkies were 998 various years and models did list at different horsepowers but I think it was due to tuning or maybe sandbagging HP for insurance purposes. I do have a time slip somewhere from this track in either 13 or 14 for 13.71 on an 08 GS, now if I can just remember my trick.
    Thanks for setting me straight on the engine types. Numbers are not my forte...

I saved my time slips too, but on yellow slips, the ink fades over time. I'll whisper your secret trick to you... whisperwhisperwhisperwhisper...

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    There was a difference between the pre 2013 and 2013+ RS's. The older ones had the 990 series engine, while the later ones had 991 series.

The 991 engine was designed to be more fuel efficient and bring power in lower in the rev range, but also generated more heat

pre-2013 RS:

• 998 v-twin series 990
    • Power: 106 bhp @8500 RPM
    • Torque: 104.3Nm @ 6250 RPM

2013+ RS:

• 998 v-twin series 991
    • Power: 100 bhp @7500 RPM
    • Torque: 108Nm @ 5000 RPM

F3

• 1330 triple
    • Power: 115 bhp @7250 RPM
    • Torque: 130Mn @ 5000 RPM
    • Weight: 900 lbs

The published 0-60 times are:

• RS pre 2013, 990 series engine, 4.5 seconds (2009 model tested)
    • RS 2013 onwards, 991 series engine, 4.6 seconds (2013 model tested)
    • F3, 4.8 seconds (2015 model tested)

Must admit I wasn't aware that the GS's has a different series engine from the older RS's.

With its 1330 engine the F3 should easily pass RS but then the extra 200lbs makes it slower, at least on the published results but that's what I want you lot to test:-)

Thank you for educating me. I did a bunch of research and no, the GS engine is not different from the older RSs. Wish they were different, but numbers are numbers.

It is going to be interesting how the F3 does against a RS. There should be some serious racers on the track.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Will do!

This is about people getting together and having a good time. Seth will be in the mix somewhere I'm sure.

Hopefully, the races will be a regular event again at Spyderfest.

You do know I've been practicing...

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you again. There's something for everyone at the races! They have a great food shack. The hot dogs are my favorite.

Run what you brung! Other two-wheelies will be racing too.
    Yazz' I found the Ozark Raceway Park Dated 4-25-2013 this was our results right 2010 RT Left 2011 RS both Auto
    speed at 1/8 mi 73.37 77.04
    at 1/4 mi 57.26 52.87
    This was the first time either one of us had been on a drag strip, no one told us where the 1/4 mark was that's why our speed is slower at the end
    Last edited by johnnyg; 02-08-2018 at 05:22 PM.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

I don't think I can do this and I'll tell you why.
    I've been traveling all over the country and the advertise different types of bingo.
    In one place they had meat bingo and when you win they give you meat
    Another place had purse bingo and when you win they give you a purse.
    I was just in Fort Meyers and they had drag queen bingo. I didn't play because I was afraid I might win.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How would you have been able to explain that to your lovely Bride?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How would you have been able to explain that to your lovely Bride?
    You've met her, she already knows I'm crazy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    Yazz' I found the Ozark Raceway Park Dated 4-25-2013 this was our results right 2010 RT Left 2011 RS both Auto
    speed at 1/8 mi 73.37 77.04
    at 1/4 mi 57.26 52.87
    This was the first time either one of us had been on a drag strip, no one told us where the 1/4 mark was that's why our speed is slower at the end
    Thanks for posting your times. Bet y'all are faster this year!

Oh man, the first time I was at the track, my numbers were about the same. I was always behind and would turn off when the person in front turned off.

For those new to the track, there are two turn offs. We are doing the longer 1/4 mile races and there will be three orange cones running down the center between the two tracks to show where 1/4 mile end is. Use the second turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by ahh-cool View Post
    I don't think I can do this and I'll tell you why.
    I've been traveling all over the country and the advertise different types of bingo.
    In one place they had meat bingo and when you win they give you meat
    Another place had purse bingo and when you win they give you a purse.
    I was just in Fort Meyers and they had drag queen bingo. I didn't play because I was afraid I might win.
    Dear Mr. Ahh-Cool, Imagine this... You racing down the track... Winning a prize for your Lovely Bride... She will be forever in Young Love with you...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Default It’s on, Joy!

On like Donkey Kong! We will cross classes to race each other!!! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system