The 2 spring setup works fine. I think BRP changed springs because they found they could get a single spring (but made to be a 2 rate spring) cheaper than staying with 2 springs and the spacer.

I think you will find changing out the shorter (weaker) spring easier than replacing the 2 spring + spacer set up with a single rate spring. If someone would send me the shock, I could disassemble the shock and test the springs to confirm spring rates. That info could help you pick the right rate spring to replace either the short or both springs. Of course, you'd have to pay shipping both ends. My labor and use of test equipment is free.

I know I have read a lots of comments about springs losing their capacity over time, but I have not seen this short of a spring actually breaking. The spring material is good for all OEM manufactures (Chinese bikes aside) so I would be very surprised to see a spring loose a substantial amount of its spring rate. A few % might be lost over 100,000's spring cycles. So, unless you have more than 100K mikes on your spyder, I doubt your oem springs have lost too much of their capacity.

Another reason to consider only changing the shorter spring, the ID of the OEM spring ends are likely to be 2.25" and just short of 2.25; aftermarket springs are a uniform 2.25". I found I had to sand off some of the powder coating on the aftermarket spring to get the 2.25" ID spring to fit inside the top end fitting. The other end should fit nicely on the spacer. If you go with one single rate spring, the ends are not 2.25". When I went with a single spring, I used a 8" coil over sleeve that made setting the preload a breeze.

Jerrycoil over sleeve.jpg4. eibach spring installed.jpg