Spyder Garage

Default Connecting Farkels/Gadgets on 2017 RTS

Woof,

Ultimate goal would be to hear flash drive (music) and radar detector at the same time in the USB mode. Control the audio with separate volume controls.

Issues:
    It seems nobody makes a device to convert a 3.5mm analog signal to USB digital signal to INPUT into the USB connector in trunk. All devices I've researched go the other way. Even if there was, the bike won't even recognize a USB hub.
    Possible solution:
    So what if you plug in your flash drive into the USB and radar into the 3.5mm AUX jack? If BRP would allow combining the USB AND AUX modes somehow through a software change?

My hopefully not permanent solution so far:
    Utilize my trusty Mixit2, www.mixitproducts.com/. (For mixing a radar det., phone w/music on SD card, GPS, etc). Run 8ft. 3.5mm cable from dash mount into 3.5mm jack in trunk. No USB flash drive. Somebody will probably suggest using Bluetooth transmitter and receivers instead of hard wiring. Potential is there, but I like to ride long distance. Then, you need to think about keeping devices charged up.

What have other Spyderlovers done?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brkgspdr View Post
    Woof,

Ultimate goal would be to hear flash drive (music) and radar detector at the same time in the USB mode. Control the audio with separate volume controls.

Issues:
    It seems nobody makes a device to convert a 3.5mm analog signal to USB digital signal to INPUT into the USB connector in trunk. All devices I've researched go the other way. Even if there was, the bike won't even recognize a USB hub.
    Possible solution:
    So what if you plug in your flash drive into the USB and radar into the 3.5mm AUX jack? If BRP would allow combining the USB AND AUX modes somehow through a software change?

My hopefully not permanent solution so far:
    Utilize my trusty Mixit2, www.mixitproducts.com/. (For mixing a radar det., phone w/music on SD card, GPS, etc). Run 8ft. 3.5mm cable from dash mount into 3.5mm jack in trunk. No USB flash drive. Somebody will probably suggest using Bluetooth transmitter and receivers instead of hard wiring. Potential is there, but I like to ride long distance. Then, you need to think about keeping devices charged up.

What have other Spyderlovers done?
    I have check everywhere to find someway to connect a flash drive (with music) in my trunk and play through the audio system. I could do this with my Goldwing's but I don't think it is possible with the Spyder. I found I could use Sena Bluetooth adapter with Dave's cable with a MP3 player it would play through the audio system. The best way is Bluetooth directly from phone to Sena's headset and play music from the phone.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I cannot help with the technical stuff.

But and on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red