Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T. Coverage ...or not

I'm considering B.E.S.T. extended warranty. Other than normal maintenance and wear items like brakes, hoses, etc.; what does this extended warranty not cover? Is it really bumper-to-bumper? Does it cover Electronics, computers, etc??? Other exclusions?

Thanks in advance.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

roadside assistance
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default B E S T

For some reason there is nothing LISTED for Water Pump, Hoses, Clamps and Radiator. I wonder if this is 'A SECRET Fail' issue on BRP. My water pump failed after only 6 months. Lucky, The 2 year warranty covered this. Not sure B.E.S.T warranty will cover.
    Last edited by Little Blue; 02-04-2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I share your concern. Something tells me that they warranty the things that don't break.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not to sound cranky about this...
    But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default One of the best ways......

To compare policies is go directly to "exclusions" and compare what's not covered. Compare deductibles and how long the company has been in business. B.E.S.T. is not necessarily the best policy. Price, duration of the policy, exclusions and deductibles all play a big roll in defining a good policy. Some companies have some very nice add-ons you can purchase such as tour packages, tire and wheel protection, accessory protection and many others. One of the most important players in defining coverage is the dealer's service manager. If you get a inexperienced unknowledgeable service manager combined with an uneducated service tech, there isn't any warrantee out there that can help you. One of the better ways to purchase and extended warrantee is to negotiate it into the purchase of a new bike. Dealers make some nice coin on selling extended warrantees.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default B E S T

PM sent
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

BEST covered my water pump,valve cover gaskets and a micro switch on my parking brake.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).

That's strange. BEST covered both my Air Compressor and the Air Bag in my rear suspension just a few months ago. 2013 RTL.
    Original: 2013 RT-Limited Pearl White (Bought New 07/2013 Traded @ 34,000 Miles)
    Current: 2017 F3-Limited Pure Magnesium Metallic (Bought New 07/2018)
    Current: 2020 RT-Limited Petrol Metallic Blue

Spyder Garage

BEST seems to be the way that most owners go. You must purchase it before the regular warranty expires. Can purchase from any dealer. Berts Mega Mall--a SL sponsor seems to offer the best prices.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Not to sound cranky about this...
    But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it!
    I had B.E.S.T. on OLD machine and lost half its cost when trading.

The (new) dealer for NEW machine pushed RPM ONE instead of B.E.S.T. It costs and covers about the same, but the big difference is: You can cancel for refund any unused portion when trading/selling! I, however, did NO due diligence in comparing policies. I also don't know whether it must be purchased before factory warranty expiration; if not, this would be a great advantage.

I've used it only once: it paid the full cost of replacing my failed rear suspension compressor.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I'm currently shopping prices for the BEST warranty as my warranty expires 3-21 on my 2015 RT Limited.

Earlier today I called Pitbull. Amanda Roberts returned my call. She asked for my VIN. When I gave it to her she said my VIN didn't work with the BEST warranty so my bike could not get the BEST warranty. She then pitched the Century warranty that goes for 36, 48 or 60 months.

She told me that the BEST warranty does not apply to every Spyder. I asked her what the defining points were that say Spyder A can get it and Spyder B can't. She said she just does the paperwork and didn't have an answer.

I then called my dealer "Cowtown in Cuba, MO". She quoted me $850 for the 3 yrs BEST. She didnt ask for my VIN, but then again she could have pulled it up from my purchase file.

I just called Berts Mega Mall and left a message with Jennifer Basa. I'm waiting for her callback.

Has anyone been told that not all Spyders qualify for the BEST warranty, because that was the first time I had heard that.

Don
    2015 RTSS Limited, red/white, Lamonster NVB highway bars, Ultimate midrider seat with backrest, Show Chrome passenger armrests .................................................. .....

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schlic View Post
    That's strange. BEST covered both my Air Compressor and the Air Bag in my rear suspension just a few months ago. 2013 RTL.
    BEST covered my compressor and airbag last week also..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dwade View Post
    I'm currently shopping prices for the BEST warranty as my warranty expires 3-21 on my 2015 RT Limited.

Earlier today I called Pitbull. Amanda Roberts returned my call. She asked for my VIN. When I gave it to her she said my VIN didn't work with the BEST warranty so my bike could not get the BEST warranty. She then pitched the Century warranty that goes for 36, 48 or 60 months.

She told me that the BEST warranty does not apply to every Spyder. I asked her what the defining points were that say Spyder A can get it and Spyder B can't. She said she just does the paperwork and didn't have an answer.

I then called my dealer "Cowtown in Cuba, MO". She quoted me $850 for the 3 yrs BEST. She didnt ask for my VIN, but then again she could have pulled it up from my purchase file.

I just called Berts Mega Mall and left a message with Jennifer Basa. I'm waiting for her callback.

Has anyone been told that not all Spyders qualify for the BEST warranty, because that was the first time I had heard that.

Don
    Is it possible the rtss custom Cowtown build is causing the issue? Is the VIN used the one on the frame supplied by BRP?

Check with Sierra Cycles - I just got the 3 year extended warranty for less than your $850 quote.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Is it possible the rtss custom Cowtown build is causing the issue? Is the VIN used the one on the frame supplied by BRP?

Check with Sierra Cycles - I just got the 3 year extended warranty for less than your $850 quote.
    I've done research and I found Sierra Cycles offers a great deal. I'll be getting a 4 year warranty for less than $850

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Time will tell whether my choice was correct, but after comparing warranties, as closely as possible, I chose Zurich when I purchased my 17 F3 Ltd. Seven years coverage, running congruently with BRP factory warranty, was less than $800. BEST was very fair when I had my RT. And, knowledgeable and competent service and technicians is a hugely important part of any warranty or insurance situation.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

I had best warranty and anything that needed repairs wasn't covered ,rear shock windshield arm although brp covered that on good will ,a few other things I can't remember .i don't think I would buy it again