Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Posts
    80

    Default B.E.S.T. Coverage ...or not

    I'm considering B.E.S.T. extended warranty. Other than normal maintenance and wear items like brakes, hoses, etc.; what does this extended warranty not cover? Is it really bumper-to-bumper? Does it cover Electronics, computers, etc??? Other exclusions?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    3,872
    2012 RT Limited (Traded)
    2016 F3 Limited
    2010 Vulcan Voyager
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650

  3. #3
    Active Member Woodaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Salisbury,NC
    Posts
    109

    Default

    roadside assistance
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd, 2010 Honda NT700V, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

  4. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    415

    Default B E S T

    For some reason there is nothing LISTED for Water Pump, Hoses, Clamps and Radiator. I wonder if this is 'A SECRET Fail' issue on BRP. My water pump failed after only 6 months. Lucky, The 2 year warranty covered this. Not sure B.E.S.T warranty will cover.
    Last edited by Little Blue; 02-04-2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    2016 RT LIMITED, YES, color 'BLUE'

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I share your concern. Something tells me that they warranty the things that don't break.

  6. #6
    Eponymous Member Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    89,719

    Default

    Not to sound cranky about this...
    But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

    But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it!
    If my Ass is in the saddle: my head is in the clouds!


    2010 RT A&C...............2014 RT-L...................2018 10th Year RT-L
    ............Gone; but not forgotten!!................... The Latest, and Best!

  7. #7
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Northern Kalifornia
    Posts
    687

    Default One of the best ways......

    To compare policies is go directly to "exclusions" and compare what's not covered. Compare deductibles and how long the company has been in business. B.E.S.T. is not necessarily the best policy. Price, duration of the policy, exclusions and deductibles all play a big roll in defining a good policy. Some companies have some very nice add-ons you can purchase such as tour packages, tire and wheel protection, accessory protection and many others. One of the most important players in defining coverage is the dealer's service manager. If you get a inexperienced unknowledgeable service manager combined with an uneducated service tech, there isn't any warrantee out there that can help you. One of the better ways to purchase and extended warrantee is to negotiate it into the purchase of a new bike. Dealers make some nice coin on selling extended warrantees.

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    415

    Default B E S T

    PM sent
    2016 RT LIMITED, YES, color 'BLUE'

  9. #9
    Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Smithton,IL
    Posts
    838

    Default

    BEST covered my water pump,valve cover gaskets and a micro switch on my parking brake.

  10. #10
    Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).
    2012 RT Limited (Traded)
    2016 F3 Limited
    2010 Vulcan Voyager
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650

  11. #11
    Active Member Schlic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Belleville, IL
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).

    That's strange. BEST covered both my Air Compressor and the Air Bag in my rear suspension just a few months ago. 2013 RTL.

  12. #12
    Consumer Advocate akspyderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    31,586

    Default

    BEST seems to be the way that most owners go. You must purchase it before the regular warranty expires. Can purchase from any dealer. Berts Mega Mall--a SL sponsor seems to offer the best prices.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 9 years, 139,000 miles, 5 Spyder miles per post.


  13. #13
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburg, TX
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Not to sound cranky about this...
    But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

    But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it!
    I had B.E.S.T. on OLD machine and lost half its cost when trading.

    The (new) dealer for NEW machine pushed RPM ONE instead of B.E.S.T. It costs and covers about the same, but the big difference is: You can cancel for refund any unused portion when trading/selling! I, however, did NO due diligence in comparing policies. I also don't know whether it must be purchased before factory warranty expiration; if not, this would be a great advantage.

    I've used it only once: it paid the full cost of replacing my failed rear suspension compressor.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at 17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender rear tire (at 53,500 miles)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

    OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors

  14. #14
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Union, Missouri
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I'm currently shopping prices for the BEST warranty as my warranty expires 3-21 on my 2015 RT Limited.

    Earlier today I called Pitbull. Amanda Roberts returned my call. She asked for my VIN. When I gave it to her she said my VIN didn't work with the BEST warranty so my bike could not get the BEST warranty. She then pitched the Century warranty that goes for 36, 48 or 60 months.

    She told me that the BEST warranty does not apply to every Spyder. I asked her what the defining points were that say Spyder A can get it and Spyder B can't. She said she just does the paperwork and didn't have an answer.

    I then called my dealer "Cowtown in Cuba, MO". She quoted me $850 for the 3 yrs BEST. She didnt ask for my VIN, but then again she could have pulled it up from my purchase file.

    I just called Berts Mega Mall and left a message with Jennifer Basa. I'm waiting for her callback.

    Has anyone been told that not all Spyders qualify for the BEST warranty, because that was the first time I had heard that.

    Don
    2015 RTSS Limited, red/white, Lamonter NVB highway bars, Ultimate midrider seat with backrest, Show Chrome passenger armrests.................................................. .....

  15. #15
    Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Smithton,IL
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlic View Post
    That's strange. BEST covered both my Air Compressor and the Air Bag in my rear suspension just a few months ago. 2013 RTL.
    BEST covered my compressor and airbag last week also..

  16. #16
    Active Member al0vely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwade View Post
    I'm currently shopping prices for the BEST warranty as my warranty expires 3-21 on my 2015 RT Limited.

    Earlier today I called Pitbull. Amanda Roberts returned my call. She asked for my VIN. When I gave it to her she said my VIN didn't work with the BEST warranty so my bike could not get the BEST warranty. She then pitched the Century warranty that goes for 36, 48 or 60 months.

    She told me that the BEST warranty does not apply to every Spyder. I asked her what the defining points were that say Spyder A can get it and Spyder B can't. She said she just does the paperwork and didn't have an answer.

    I then called my dealer "Cowtown in Cuba, MO". She quoted me $850 for the 3 yrs BEST. She didnt ask for my VIN, but then again she could have pulled it up from my purchase file.

    I just called Berts Mega Mall and left a message with Jennifer Basa. I'm waiting for her callback.

    Has anyone been told that not all Spyders qualify for the BEST warranty, because that was the first time I had heard that.

    Don
    Is it possible the rtss custom Cowtown build is causing the issue? Is the VIN used the one on the frame supplied by BRP?

    Check with Sierra Cycles - I just got the 3 year extended warranty for less than your $850 quote.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L SE6 delivered 7/16/2016
    Lamonster - third peg, key cover; BRP - driver and passenger backrest, half cover, vibration damper; Wolo Bad Boy horn; Wrap My Spyder decals; SpyderPops - foam grips, Brake/run/turn lights, mirror turn signal lights, bump skid; PB1 -Spyder F3 Performance Foot Pegs

    2014 RTS SE6 - Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018 for my daughter to share w/me.
    No more 2 wheels

  17. #17
    Active Member ChicoFowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Is it possible the rtss custom Cowtown build is causing the issue? Is the VIN used the one on the frame supplied by BRP?

    Check with Sierra Cycles - I just got the 3 year extended warranty for less than your $850 quote.
    I've done research and I found Sierra Cycles offers a great deal. I'll be getting a 4 year warranty for less than $850

  18. #18
    Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Near Argenta, Illinois
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Time will tell whether my choice was correct, but after comparing warranties, as closely as possible, I chose Zurich when I purchased my 17 F3 Ltd. Seven years coverage, running congruently with BRP factory warranty, was less than $800. BEST was very fair when I had my RT. And, knowledgeable and competent service and technicians is a hugely important part of any warranty or insurance situation.
    2017 Intense Red, F3 Limited

  19. #19
    RT-S PE#0060 Gordy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    neepawa manitoba ca
    Posts
    623

    Default

    I had best warranty and anything that needed repairs wasn't covered ,rear shock windshield arm although brp covered that on good will ,a few other things I can't remember .i don't think I would buy it again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •