Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Default B.E.S.T. Coverage ...or not

I'm considering B.E.S.T. extended warranty. Other than normal maintenance and wear items like brakes, hoses, etc.; what does this extended warranty not cover? Is it really bumper-to-bumper? Does it cover Electronics, computers, etc??? Other exclusions?

Thanks in advance.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    2012 RT Limited (Traded)
    2016 F3 Limited
    2010 Vulcan Voyager
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650

roadside assistance
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd, 2010 Honda NT700V, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Default B E S T

For some reason there is nothing LISTED for Water Pump, Hoses, Clamps and Radiator. I wonder if this is 'A SECRET Fail' issue on BRP. My water pump failed after only 6 months. Lucky, The 2 year warranty covered this. Not sure B.E.S.T warranty will cover.
    Last edited by Little Blue; 02-04-2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    SPYDER 2016 RT LIMITED, YES, color 'BLUE' , Lamonster's Garage Magic Mirrors,

I share your concern. Something tells me that they warranty the things that don't break.

Not to sound cranky about this...
    But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it!

2010 RT A&C ................................. 2014 RT Limited.
    (Both are gone, but not forgotten!)

Very Active Member

Default One of the best ways......

To compare policies is go directly to "exclusions" and compare what's not covered. Compare deductibles and how long the company has been in business. B.E.S.T. is not necessarily the best policy. Price, duration of the policy, exclusions and deductibles all play a big roll in defining a good policy. Some companies have some very nice add-ons you can purchase such as tour packages, tire and wheel protection, accessory protection and many others. One of the most important players in defining coverage is the dealer's service manager. If you get a inexperienced unknowledgeable service manager combined with an uneducated service tech, there isn't any warrantee out there that can help you. One of the better ways to purchase and extended warrantee is to negotiate it into the purchase of a new bike. Dealers make some nice coin on selling extended warrantees.

Default B E S T

PM sent
    SPYDER 2016 RT LIMITED, YES, color 'BLUE' , Lamonster's Garage Magic Mirrors,

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar

BEST covered my water pump,valve cover gaskets and a micro switch on my parking brake.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar

BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).
    2012 RT Limited (Traded)
    2016 F3 Limited
    2010 Vulcan Voyager
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    BEST covered our Instrument Cluster, our compressor and the fuel tank sending unit on our 2012 RTL. Did not cover the air bag in the rear suspension(wear item).

That's strange. BEST covered both my Air Compressor and the Air Bag in my rear suspension just a few months ago. 2013 RTL.

BEST seems to be the way that most owners go. You must purchase it before the regular warranty expires. Can purchase from any dealer. Berts Mega Mall--a SL sponsor seems to offer the best prices.

Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 9 years, 139,000 miles, 5 Spyder miles per post.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Not to sound cranky about this...
    But if you're not sure about B.E.S.T.: don't buy it.

But if you find one that IS better: please let us know about it!
    I had B.E.S.T. on OLD machine and lost half its cost when trading.

The (new) dealer for NEW machine pushed RPM ONE instead of B.E.S.T. It costs and covers about the same, but the big difference is: You can cancel for refund any unused portion when trading/selling! I, however, did NO due diligence in comparing policies. I also don't know whether it must be purchased before factory warranty expiration; if not, this would be a great advantage.

I've used it only once: it paid the full cost of replacing my failed rear suspension compressor.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at 17,000 miles)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors