Spyder Garage

Default J&S Motorcycle jack for a Spyder

Does anyone have any experience with the J&S motorcycle jack with the Spyder adapter? I could use their jack on my Harley and my Spyder. That would make it cost effective. I can’t really seem to find any info on lifting a Spyder with it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks Russ
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

I have the J&S jack with an adapter for my Indian Roadmaster. It works extremely well and is solid as a rock. I would bet that a Spyder adapter would work just fine.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

I have the J & S Spyder adapter that I use with my PowerBuilt jack. It works good and is very stable, but you will need to use 2x4’s or ramps under the front wheels. The platform on my jack isn’t as wide as the J&S jack, so it lifts by the 2 connecting crossbars in the middle.
    I was concerned about the longterm strength of the crossbars, so I had them beefed up
    by welding more support to it. I also got their dolly to use with it, which gets the jack out of the way, and makes it easy to move. Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to to rotate the pictures. Update:
    Ok, had to remove them, rotate, then upload them.
    Last edited by george123; 02-03-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

I have the J & S Jack with the spyder adapter. Mine was the first they mad. The improved it and sent me the revised one. Love it. I also have the oil diverter pan so oil gets into the pan instead of the jack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the replies. The pictures really helped. Being able to lift the Spyder is so helpful for me. It will really help my back out. I am gonna order the lift and adapter today. Thanks again!!
    Russ
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

Default J&S jack update

I emailed J&S today to find out the status of my jack package and Spyder adapter. They emails back and said they are having a problem with the bottle jack supplier. They hope to have the bottle jacks in early March. My order will ship soon afterwards. I was thanked for my patience and understanding. I can only hope for a timely resolution!!
    Their web site says 2 To 3 week delivery! My CC was charged on Feb. 6 when I placed my order. I will wait as everything I have read about this motorcycle lift has been very positive!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

I bought a J&S with adapter pre-owned last year and just getting around to trying it and having some trouble... The jack doesn't come in contact with the center frame. The tube that comes off the frame seems to sit lower than the frame plus the jack seems to be tilted so the end closest to the handle is a bit higher. I can't seem to get the center rail frame, which is where I assume should be lifting from so sit on the jack at all. Any advice? Also wasn't sure if the raised part of the jack adapter goes IN that notch at the end of the center frame or just behind it under the cat mounts. I assume it goes IN the notch but I have the same issues either way.

js1.jpgjsframe.jpgjsnotch.jpgjsspace.jpg
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

It appears all the respondents have RT/RS style. Anyone use the S&H adapter for an F3?
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Hey SpyderSteveFL, can you please lift your Spyder well clear of the ground & then take those same pics & post them up?? A matching set of pics with ALL the weight of the Spyder on the jack could be very revealing!

Btw, I put that raised bit actually IN the hole as shown, so that it secures the Spyder from sliding in any direction - that's what my instructions showed (but I suspect my adaptor is a knock-off! Hence the call for more pics, above!) & the one time I jacked it up the other way, a careless leaner (not me!) almost slid the whole Spyder off the jack!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Peter: Thanks for your reply but considering I can't actually use the jack until I figure out the placement and why it is not contacting the right areas its kind of hard to jack it up in the air to take the other pictures
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Do you have to raise front tires a bit to get jack underneath? I just got one and the adapter came with a note recommending that..
    I'm going to contact J&S but wanted to check with you.
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

Yes, I just bevel cut 2- 2x6 by 12-14" long and rode up on them then roll the jack underneath, position, then lift.

Spyder Garage

Yes, I us a piece of 1x4. it rolls on easily.
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Uticat View Post
    Yes, I just bevel cut 2- 2x6 by 12-14" long and rode up on them then roll the jack underneath, position, then lift.
    Thanks, worked out great. Can it stay on the jack if I store it, without a problem?
    2017 RTL , Grey

Spyder Garage

I would comfortably do that but be sure to lower the safety levers and release pressure in jack before walking away
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Need to lift my RS to work on rear tire replacement. I have an old J&S lift that I got when I bought my Harley Ultra second-hand. Has anyone been able to use the J&S without the Spyder adapter without damaging their ryde? My J&S is so old, don't know if it can be modified with the new adapter. Thanks for the advice. Thinking of just some cheap ramps to back up onto for regular oil servicing, etc. I just have old metal car ramps and those seem so high and kind of steep ... about 1' up. I haven't tried them.