Thread: F3 Owners

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Owners

I have decided to sale my 14 ST-S and get an F3-T.

My question is, what if any changes were made from 16 to 17 model years. My local dealer has a new leftover 16 F3-T priced to move and I am trying to decide if I should buy it or look for a 17 model instead as the 2018 model is just a little more than I want to spend.

so my debate is buy a 16 or 17 both of course would be "new"

Thanks
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I found this article that you can use to compare the 2 years. It has the specs at the bottom for both. Hope that helps. https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...-ar171375.html
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Set the 16 & 17 F-3 T side by side and no one can tell the difference.

On the limited's there are a lot of differences but the T is no different except maybe a plug here and there.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder601 View Post

My question is, what if any changes were made from 16 to 17 model years. My local dealer has a new leftover 16 F3-T priced to move and I am trying to decide if I should buy it or look for a 17 model instead as the 2018 model is just a little more than I want to spend.

Thanks
    You may want to share what you are being quoted on both years so others can help you further with your decision.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I found this article that you can use to compare the 2 years. It has the specs at the bottom for both. Hope that helps. https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...-ar171375.html
    Thank you. I will definitely take a look.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    You may want to share what you are being quoted on both years so others can help you further with your decision.
    Good Idea!

sale price for the 2016 is $16,999

sale price for the 2017 is $20,199

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Set the 16 & 17 F-3 T side by side and no one can tell the difference.

On the limited's there are a lot of differences but the T is no different except maybe a plug here and there.

Cruzr Joe

That's kind of what I was thinking.

Thanks Joe

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Good Idea!

sale price for the 2016 is $16,999

sale price for the 2017 is $20,199
    That seems to be the correct proportionate difference based on depreciation
    per year . I just bought my 2017 f3t for just over 20k.
    i May have been inclined to save another 3k for a brand new one a model year older.
    They seem to be almost identical other than a couple small features. Do they have a 2016 limited at a steep discount ? You will want to add a few things that come standard on the limited , such as passenger backrest and floor boards for both. Those parts add up quick. I negotiated them adding those at cost at time purchase. Good luck!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Check the rear belt sprocket specs. My mechanic mentioned to me that BRP changed the size of the belt sprocket on the rear tire. I don't remember what exactly he said, but he did say the 16 was better than the 17.
    Last edited by Blue Star; 02-02-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Get the 16 and buy a super extended warranty full coverage forever. They got 'em.
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 02-02-2018 at 09:39 PM.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Get the '16

The '16 has a larger rear sprocket And more money for Farkling.

Spyder Garage

Talking Just purchased *new* older model

Within the last week, I purchased a 2016 F3 Limited (without a top case) for $20,299 versus sticker price of $27,249. I was very happy to save $7,000 for the almost identical vehicle, one model year older. I ordered a few additional options that pushed the final price higher (driver backrest, U-Fit leg extensions, tall boy windshield). I bought the 7-year warranty for (just) $1,493, which is a very good deal in my opinion. The warranty is a 2-year factory plus 5-year extension. This will be my first Spyder. Super excited
    Last edited by TedKerr; 02-02-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lots of information I’m leaning towards the 16 currently. But who knows what I may find in the next week or two. Thanks for 5he comments everyone.

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

The DPS is different in the 17’s.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PocoToro View Post
    The '16 has a larger rear sprocket And more money for Farkling.
    This only applies to the Limited. The F3T's that the OP is looking at for '16 & '17 both have the larger rear spocket.
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The DPS is different in the 17’s.
    I was going to mention that. My 17 LTD gives me power steering from the standstill. Once you start it up you can feel it kick in. Turn it off and it is harder to turn the wheels. It makes the slow turns much easier.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic