Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Yellow ST-S SE5

Well, a new to me Spyder will soon be mine next week. It's a 1700+ mile drive to pick it up and haul it back on a 2 + center rail Kendon. Buying from the original owner with 2100 miles since new with color matched factory bags, heated grips, passenger back rest, fog lamps, Battery Tender and cover.

It's going to be tight on the trailer with the rear wheel tied to the mc chock at the front of the trailer and the front wheels almost to the back of the trailer. The trailer is the same width as the Spyder and the nose will overhang the back by a few inches.

I was going to do a fly and ride but with many posts noting the need for laser alignment, etc. I didn't feel comfortable mixing it up in California traffic. My only experience on a Spyder has been two hours on an early model RT that I rented after getting my WA trike endorsement several years ago.

I'm hoping that my co-pilot can adjust from being on the back of a motorcycle for the past 40 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

on your new ryde. Great color.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

To both the spyder world and this site. Great choice in a ryde... do suggest that if you are putting her on backwards that you remove the windshield. Lot of stress on that going down the road back wheel first...Long drive but well worth it...be safe
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up New STS

Congratulation on the new Spyder.
    The ST is a fantastic machine. You picked the best color.
    You are going to enjoy miles of smiles.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Default good on ya !

I was a thinking while reading the post , " what a thrill of excitement " that would have been , 1 st ride ,and it was the ride home , excitement wrapped in a little bit of fear ... before I purchased our 2012 , only ridden the friends bike ( of same year and model ) twice , bought our cycle it was 2 hour drive back home through Louisville ky, man what a rush ! good luck on your purchase , really a great machine , learn a lot fast when in the forums it comes in handy ! happy rides !

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Ryde

Enjoy, and YES keep informed on 'SpyderLovers' Forum.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nwrider View Post
    Well, a new to me Spyder will soon be mine next week. It's a 1700+ mile drive to pick it up and haul it back on a 2 + center rail Kendon. Buying from the original owner with 2100 miles since new with color matched factory bags, heated grips, passenger back rest, fog lamps, Battery Tender and cover.

It's going to be tight on the trailer with the rear wheel tied to the mc chock at the front of the trailer and the front wheels almost to the back of the trailer. The trailer is the same width as the Spyder and the nose will overhang the back by a few inches.

I was going to do a fly and ride but with many posts noting the need for laser alignment, etc. I didn't feel comfortable mixing it up in California traffic. My only experience on a Spyder has been two hours on an early model RT that I rented after getting my WA trike endorsement several years ago.

I'm hoping that my co-pilot can adjust from being on the back of a motorcycle for the past 40 years.
    How does everyone here know you need the alignment?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Is yours a generic question to anyone or is it directed to nwrider? If me, I don't think mine is particularly out of alignment -- more that after installing a BajaRon sway bar and noting than some have come set up from the factory miss-aligned, I want to be sure to get the best handling I can. From reading other posts, if your Spyder tracks true on a good flat road surface, then it's probably within tolerances -- unless you note uneven tire wear, etc. Hopefully, others with more personal experience will chime in.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    How does everyone here know you need the alignment?
    Because the BRP production alignment procedures are notoriously sloppy and inaccurate. Have a laser alignment check, at least from Squared Away and if you don't need one there usually is no charge.
    Look for front tires wearing unevenly,pulling badly to one side or the other, steering problems,same things you feel in your car.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I've spent the last several days adding farkles. Spyderpops belt guard and bump/skid plate (already contacted pavement with it twice), Bajaron swaybar and heim links, and a touring windshield. I got the brand new windshield as NOS for $56 delivered about $220 under retail even at that, I'm not too sure it's any better than the stock shield. With both I've ended up running them in the lowest position to get smoother airflow.

The Bajaron swaybar/heim links do seem to make quite an improvement. Has anyone added the Fox Podium shocks after having installed the swaybar to note the difference?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Elka Shocks

I have a 2013 ST that has a BaJaRon sway bar. I added spring preload adjusters and felt handling improvement.
    The ST is notoriously undersprung. Finally at Spyderfest I had stage 2 Elka shocks and spring added to replace my stock shocks and springs. The Elka's made an amazing improvement in stability and highway high speed tracking. No more dive in cornering or issues with cross winds or truck passing. New shocks and springs are my best farkle so far.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack