Spyder Garage

Question Rear Peg / Footboard Delete

I'm trying to find out if there's a rear foot peg / foot board delete option.
    I saw Lamonster has some adapters to install some of his aftermarket pegs and such, but I didn't see if there was an option to delete the peg / board, altogether.

Basically, I purchased a 2015 F3-S with front & rear foot boards installed - I will never ride 2-up, so I'm looking to completely delete (or delete / hide as much as possible) the rear foot support. Anything that streamlines the look as much as possible with as easy as possible of an update gets my $$.

Worst case scenario, I can swap rear footboards w/ someone who has pegs, or purchase the lamonster adapter and another kuryakyn trident large (to match my 3rd peg I just installed to help me mount the trike).

....also, if this has been mentioned / discussed before, I did a google and forum search but no quick results (mostly stuff about extended rear pegs), so please forgive....a simple point to previous discussions would suffice for me.

-=+UPDATE+=-
    So as an update to this thread - a fellow Spyder Rider from Facebook (Joseph - Thanks, man!) figured out the part numbers required to use the Bobber Kit's rear foot delete / trim piece.
    Below are the proper pics that I couldn't find and post previously, which is why we could never find what we needed....
    spyder_f3_bobber.jpgspyder_f3_bobber - Copy.jpg

And the below list of items from the Bobber Kit are what is needed to make it work :
    LH footrest trim - 708302066
    RH footrest trim - 708302067
    M6 flat washer - 234062670 (includes 2 washers)
    M6 x 50 Torx truss screw - 250000708 (includes 2 washers)
    M6 nut housing - 269500252 (includes 2 washers)

-EricP
    Last edited by EricP; 06-08-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    2015 F3 , Stock I use the Extended Brake Pedal Silver with black stripes and Can-Am Red/Orange accents

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Delete / Remove

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I saw Lamonster has some adapters to install some of his aftermarket pegs and such, but I didn't see if there was an option to delete the peg / board, altogether.

Basically, I purchased a 2015 F3-S with front & rear foot boards installed - I will never ride 2-up, so I'm looking to completely delete (or delete / hide as much as possible) the rear foot support. Anything that streamlines the look as much as possible with as easy as possible of an update gets my $$.

Worst case scenario, I can swap rear footboards w/ someone who has pegs, or purchase the lamonster adapter and another kuryakyn trident large (to match my 3rd peg I just installed to help me mount the trike).

....also, if this has been mentioned / discussed before, I did a google and forum search but no quick results (mostly stuff about extended rear pegs), so please forgive....a simple point to previous discussions would suffice for me.

-EricP
    Well if they really upset you that much ....un-bolt and remove them, glue a piece of sheet metal over the hole/space feather the edges with Bondo and paint it to match .....problem solved .....if you do it yourself it should cost about $25.00 .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well if they really upset you that much ....un-bolt and remove them, glue a piece of sheet metal over the hole/space feather the edges with Bondo and paint it to match .....problem solved .....if you do it yourself it should cost about $25.00 .......... Mike

Well, I can follow pre-fit installation directions, but not much of a fabricator.
    ....I was hoping there was a replacement piece for the mounting bracket, itself (to remove the mounting points of the board / peg)....
    ...or I was hoping someone like Lamonster has made some sort of billet (or so) adapter that basically "closes off" the mounting bracket to make it look "flush" or as OEM as possible...

.....as a note: I found pics of the Bobber Spyder (I think they call it the Daytona), and it seems to have had the rear mount removed, so this is likely an OEM part that I can purchase and install....right?
    Last edited by EricP; 02-01-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    2015 F3 , Stock I use the Extended Brake Pedal Silver with black stripes and Can-Am Red/Orange accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe you want the BRP Bobber Kit part number 219400640. A quick google will give you more info.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Maybe you want the BRP Bobber Kit part number 219400640. A quick google will give you more info.
    ...well, what I'm looking for is more JUST the included "footrest trim", if that trim was a bracket deletion to remove the rear footrest...
    ...I don't think I can order just that part (as I have not yet seen a reference for this part [or part number] outside of the kit), and I'm not even sure that part is actually a footrest deletion, rather than something else relating to the rear footrest.

....still hoping I can find someone who knows more about this all that can guide me....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...well, what I'm looking for is more JUST the included "footrest trim", if that trim was a bracket deletion to remove the rear footrest...
    ...I don't think I can order just that part (as I have not yet seen a reference for this part [or part number] outside of the kit), and I'm not even sure that part is actually a footrest deletion, rather than something else relating to the rear footrest. ....still hoping I can find someone who knows more about this all that can guide me....
    Maybe you can provide a picture of what you want to remove so those of us without your particular model can provide more meaningful suggestions.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I found some pics from someone here in the forum, and modified it to show what I'm talking about.
    The below two pics show the bracket I'm talking about that the rear footrest (peg or board) would attach to...
    ...I'm trying to see if this part can be swapped (or if there's some aftermarket solution) to make this a basically no longer have the bracket.

Rear_Foot_Bracket.jpg

For reference, here's the Daytona's rear foot area, and the bracket doesn't look like it has a place to install a peg / board for rear feet (as there's no rear seat). At least that's what it looks like to me...

cq5dam_web_1024_1024.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found some pics from someone here in the forum, and modified it to show what I'm talking about.
    The below two pics show the bracket I'm talking about that the rear footrest (peg or board) would attach to...
    ...I'm trying to see if this part can be swapped (or if there's some aftermarket solution) to make this a basically no longer have the bracket.

Rear_Foot_Bracket.jpg

For reference, here's the Daytona's rear foot area, and the bracket doesn't look like it has a place to install a peg / board for rear feet (as there's no rear seat). At least that's what it looks like to me...

cq5dam_web_1024_1024.jpg
    Thanks for the pics; that helps me. It seems the footrest (peg) is attached to a removable bracket. Can you tell how that footrest bracket is attached to the frame?I'm betting the mounting points are there for the Daytona as well, but are just covered up with a piece of plastic. If so, we just need to figure out the part number for that cover.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 02-01-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

-EricP
    I have mine removed and I used black panel pops (plugs) to cover the holes. The main part that contains the threaded mounting holes has to remain. There is no sub'ing that piece out. You can sort of see what it looks like in these pics. You will have the "nub" sticking out but it stills looks tons better than having pegs there....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hypurone; 02-01-2018 at 05:42 PM.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I kind of wish someone would come up with a rear floorboard caddy. The rear floorboard is within reach of the driver and would be a really nice place to put a caddy or console with a drink holder and maybie a snack hidey hole. Make good use of it.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I kind of wish someone would come up with a rear floorboard caddy. The rear floorboard is within reach of the driver and would be a really nice place to put a caddy or console with a drink holder and maybe a snack hidey hole. Make good use of it.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

So as an update to this thread - a fellow Spyder Rider from Facebook (Joseph - Thanks, man!) figured out the part numbers required to use the Bobber Kit's rear foot delete / trim piece.
    Below are the proper pics that I couldn't find and post previously, which is why we could never find what we needed....
    spyder_f3_bobber.jpgspyder_f3_bobber - Copy.jpg

And the below list of items from the Bobber Kit are what is needed to make it work :
    LH footrest trim - 708302066
    RH footrest trim - 708302067
    M6 flat washer - 234062670 (includes 2 washers)
    M6 x 50 Torx truss screw - 250000708 (includes 2 washers)
    M6 nut housing - 269500252 (includes 2 washers)
    Last edited by EricP; 06-08-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Boris - The Spyder

Monster FI Stage 1, Elka Stage 2 F&R, BajaRon Swaybar, Lamonster Links,
    Akrapovic Straight Shot Silencer, Madstad Windshield, Cannonball Seats, Driver Backrest, Driver Footboards,
    15" Fat 6 Chrome Wheels, LED Headlights, LED Fog Lights, Chrome Handlebars, Chrome Frame Caps, Front Cargo 12v Power Outlet Kit,
    Ram Phone Mount, USB Power (Handlebars), Full-Size Brake Pedal, Lamonster 3rd Peg w/ Kuryakyn Trident Large ISO-Pegs, Cross-Country Detachable Saddlebags

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Just remove the board/peg. Nothing much left over. the triangular bracket is part of the frame and can't be pulled.

Image1.jpg
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 06-09-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Just remove the board/peg. Nothing much left over. the triangular bracket is part of the frame and can't be pulled.
    Correct - You could do just that (and I actually had it that way) or you could go a little further (only if one wanted) to get he parts for the trim piece that bolts there and close off the styling/"look" in that area.
    The Bobber Kit has those trim pieces, and all said and done cost me less than $34.00 (worth it to me as I think it looks nice and doesn't cost much).
    Boris - The Spyder

Monster FI Stage 1, Elka Stage 2 F&R, BajaRon Swaybar, Lamonster Links,
    Akrapovic Straight Shot Silencer, Madstad Windshield, Cannonball Seats, Driver Backrest, Driver Footboards,
    15" Fat 6 Chrome Wheels, LED Headlights, LED Fog Lights, Chrome Handlebars, Chrome Frame Caps, Front Cargo 12v Power Outlet Kit,
    Ram Phone Mount, USB Power (Handlebars), Full-Size Brake Pedal, Lamonster 3rd Peg w/ Kuryakyn Trident Large ISO-Pegs, Cross-Country Detachable Saddlebags