Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default I have also enjoyed reading about hometowns...

...and knowing more about friends on the forum and where they live. Kudos Spyderyder1 for thinking of this thread...
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Chugiak AK: A small bedroom community about 30 miles from the Metropolis of Anchorage--population 250,000 or so--the largest city in the State of 700,000.

Chugiak, has a population of a couple thousand. Located 5 miles from Eagle River, (pop. about 30,000). That's where we shop and buy most of the necessities of life. I rarely head to Anchorage these days.

Surrounded by beautiful, snow capped mountains, I have at least five 100 mile plus scenery trips within 15 miles of my back door. My daily mail box run (2 blocks) usually turns into a 100 mile or more ride. Even though its the same routes, the scenery changes from day to day. That is beautiful Alaska for you. If we want to travel--a bounty of scenery awaits in any direction.

My signature pictures below. Left is 15 miles from home, Right is 50 miles from home.

The riders from NtA who visited in 2015 will attest to the beauty of the State, I am sure.

Everyone should have Alaska as a bucket list trip.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-30-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I don’t know if there’s anything special about Rapid City except for it’s location. It takes me 25 minutes to get to Mt. Rushmore or Sturgis from my house. I feel blessed to live in a place where my wife and I jump on the Spyder for an hour after work and feel like we went on vacation. We put 4800 miles on just riding around the Hills last year.
    Last edited by RapidSpyder; 01-31-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Dilworth ,MN.

Dilworth was and still is a railroad town it started out as a station for the Northern Pacific Railroad it now has a a large switch yard for the Burlington Northern Santa Fe. A large part of the american economy runs right through our town we know how well the countries economy is by how busy the rail yard is. A big plus is when there is a living history run with any number of historical steam engines many come right through Dilworth. Our town is located just east of the cities Fargo,Nd and Moorhead,Mn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    I don’t know if there’s anything special about Rapid City except for it’s location. It takes me 25 minutes to get to Mt. Rushmore or Sturgis from my house. I feel blessed to live in a place where my wife and jump on the Spyder for an hour after work and feel like we went on vacation. We put 4800 miles on just riding around the Hills last year.
    You live in one of my favorite destinations. From a base at Custer State Park or Rapid City--beautiful stuff any direction.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Chugiak AK: A small bedroom community about 30 miles from the Metropolis of Anchorage--population 250,000 or so--the largest city in the State of 700,000.

Chugiak, has a population of a couple thousand. Located 5 miles from Eagle River, (pop. about 30,000). That's where we shop and buy most of the necessities of life. I rarely head to Anchorage these days.

Surrounded by beautiful, snow capped mountains, I have at least five 100 mile plus scenery trips within 15 miles of my back door. My daily mail box run (2 blocks) usually turns into a 100 mile or more ride. Even though its the same routes, the scenery changes from day to day. That is beautiful Alaska for you. If we want to travel--a bounty of scenery awaits in any direction.

My signature pictures below. Left is 15 miles from home, Right is 50 miles from home.

The riders from NtA who visited in 2015 will attest to the beauty of the State, I am sure.

Everyone should have Alaska as a bucket list trip.
    I was in the NtA group and completely about the beauty of Alaska. It is a must-see destination and I'm happy I could make that trip.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Spring Green, WI. Well, originally anyway. Now my wife and I live in the armpit of Iowa cty...a little town called Arena. Arena has nothing, and by nothing, I MEAN nothing....LOL. Spring Green is sort of famous for American Players Theater, Frank Lloyd Wright, and the Taliesin of course. Just down the road is The House On The Rock too, and The Springs Golf Course. It's a quiet little town of about 2500. Well kept and clean. We were in Green bay last year and we took the Lambeau tour last year and liked it too
    Have you checked out The Rendezvous at Robs Performance yet? It's a fun summer wknd gathering of Spyder Ryders
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    I don’t know if there’s anything special about Rapid City except for it’s location. It takes me 25 minutes to get to Mt. Rushmore or Sturgis from my house. I feel blessed to live in a place where my wife and jump on the Spyder for an hour after work and feel like we went on vacation. We put 4800 miles on just riding around the Hills last year.
    We stayed in Custer last year too and loved the area. That's a good way to put it "go for a ride and feel like you're on vacation". Awesome area. Southwest WI is very pretty too, we just don't have mountains, but the ridge tops and winding county roads make up for it
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Hampton Roads, Virginia

Jamestown up North and Virginia Beach South!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Spring Green, WI. Well, originally anyway. Now my wife and I live in the armpit of Iowa cty...a little town called Arena. Arena has nothing, and by nothing, I MEAN nothing....LOL. Spring Green is sort of famous for American Players Theater, Frank Lloyd Wright, and the Taliesin of course. Just down the road is The House On The Rock too, and The Springs Golf Course. It's a quiet little town of about 2500. Well kept and clean. We were in Green bay last year and we took the Lambeau tour last year and liked it too
    Have you checked out The Rendezvous at Robs Performance yet? It's a fun summer wknd gathering of Spyder Ryders
    Been to American Players Theater and the House on the Rock. Just a short jaunt South from Madison where I lived for awhile. Good stuff.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default I agree

I haven't read a better thread on SL! Lots of fun. I didn't know there was a "Y" bridge in
    Kamloops B.C.! Or a Chillicothe in Missouri!
    Some have heard of State Route 555, AKA 'Triple Nickle" that runs south from Zanesville
    to Hockingsport Ohio on the Ohio river.
    Keep the comments coming! This is one thread that may be several pages long!
    Buckeye Chuck
    You'll see me at the Spyder gathering in Zanesville in June.

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to Spyerider 1 for setting up this thread, I for one, am enjoying reading about all these places and people.

Spyder Garage

not the best pic, but here's the Overlander bridge. if it went straight, you would go straight into a rock face.....

bridge5-960x320.jpg

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Salem Oregon here, in the middle of Oregon wine country. What makes the area surrounding this place possibly the best place in the country for road cycling also makes it good for cruising on motorcycles.

Strangely the person I think is the most famous person from Salem never showed up in a search for famous people born in Salem, which is Alfred Carlton Gilbert, of AC Gilbert fame. As far as I can tell either me or my brother had all of his toys as kids except for the atomic energy lab (maybe a good thing). I am guessing his most famous invention is the erector set. Though he didn't design it, both my brother and I had an American Flyer train made by the company.

Maybe the most famous person alive is Kate Nauta. She is not that famous but I recognized her picture.

Spyder Garage

Default Finger Lakes region in West Central NY

Many miles of great riding in this area. Also not far from apple country and riding along Lake Ontario. If you want to venture a little farther there is the Adirondack mountain region.

"The Finger Lakes region is located in west-central New York state, spanning roughly 80 miles East to West and 50 miles North to South. There are 11 Finger Lakes in all, ranging from very small (Canadice at about 4 miles long) to very large (Cayuga at 38 miles long). From West to East, the lakes are: Conesus, Hemlock, Canadice, Honeoye, Canandaigua, Keuka, Seneca, Cayuga, Owasco, Skaneateles, Otisco . Surrounding the 11 lakes, the region is home to over 100 wineries, dozens of inspiring waterfalls, museums, art galleries, amazing restaurants and countless outdoor recreation activities."

Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited