Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone in washington state that would let me ride a can am spyder

So much going through my mind struggling to find a loan. Wanting to ride again as i lost my ability to ride two wheel motorcycles from two not at fault car accidents. Sold my old motorcycle to pay for medical bills and cause couldnt balance on it. I took my endorsement training and am fully endorsed for three wheeled bike. I just wondering if someone would make some cheer up in my life by allowing me to ride one for a day or two until i can ever get a loan. I live near Tacoma WA. I just dont have the help to raise funds and depression from not riding is getting to me.

Spyder Garage

My local dealer let me test drive two different models . I did not buy from them as the new ones were beyond my budget, but I am in the CanAm family now and have that dealer do my servicing.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I rented a Spyder for a day to see if I would like it. Too much of a risk on an owners part to loan one out for a day or two.
    http://www.eaglerider.com/cam-am-rentals
    Here is a link to a place in Seattle that will rent one for as long as you would like.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree...

Sorry to hear you had to give up your two wheeling but when you get your own spyder you will not regret it. Have to agree with the above posts. You can check with your local dealer for test rydes some are long some not so much but for the longer you should look to rent one for what ever time you need to satisfy the need... good luck and hope you get your own soon....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Cannot help with the request. The suggestion about a test drive or daily rental is more realistic. Good luck.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Can't get a test drive from dealers since I can't even get financed I did my trike endorsement on one through safety course but wasn't going much anywhere. I would think a two wheeled motorcycle is more likely to be a risk it's not easy to get a can am off the ground there stable in comparison. And eagle rider doesnt have canam spyders in washington. There arent really any rental companies in washington for em
    Last edited by prisondude; 01-26-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prisondude View Post
    Can't get a test drive from dealers since I can't even get financed I did my trike endorsement on one through safety course but wasn't going much anywhere. I would think a two wheeled motorcycle is more likely to be a risk it's not easy to get a can am off the ground there stable in comparison. And eagle rider doesnt have canam spyders in washington. There arent really any rental companies in washington for em
    Never heard of a dealer asking if you could get financing before a test ride.

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/try-a-canam-spyder.html

Go to that website and request a test ride. There are 6 dealers within 100KM of you.

You are asking for someone who has never met you, to loan you something for a day or two with a value of $20,000.00 + o r -, knowing that you do not have any experience in riding it. You state you can't get a loan so they would have no recourse if it is damaged or comes up missing.

Then with a name like prisiondude, it does not instill a vote of confidence into the situation.

I am not trying to be rude, just trying to help you get a ride without anyone risking their personal equipment. A dealer or factory test ride would be the most obvious situation for you to try.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So much going through my mind struggling to find a loan. Wanting to ride again as i lost my ability to ride two wheel motorcycles from two not at fault car accidents. Sold my old motorcycle to pay for medical bills and cause couldnt balance on it. I took my endorsement training and am fully endorsed for three wheeled bike. I just wondering if someone would make some cheer up in my life by allowing me to ride one for a day or two until i can ever get a loan. I live near Tacoma WA. I just dont have the help to raise funds and depression from not riding is getting to me.
    Are you a veteran? If so, you might want to contact Road Warriors to see if you can get on one of their sponsored rides. Just a thought.

The application is here; https://www.roadwarrior.org/rider-application

Let us know how that goes.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Are you a veteran? If so, you might want to contact Road Warriors to see if you can get on one of their sponsored rides. Just a thought.

The application is here; https://www.roadwarrior.org/rider-application

Let us know how that goes.
    Not considered a veteran even though I was in the navy. I was given an entry level separation couldn't handle the service. Only made halfway through boot camp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Never heard of a dealer asking if you could get financing before a test ride.

https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/try-a-canam-spyder.html

Go to that website and request a test ride. There are 6 dealers within 100KM of you.

You are asking for someone who has never met you, to loan you something for a day or two with a value of $20,000.00 + o r -, knowing that you do not have any experience in riding it. You state you can't get a loan so they would have no recourse if it is damaged or comes up missing.

Then with a name like prisiondude, it does not instill a vote of confidence into the situation.

I am not trying to be rude, just trying to help you get a ride without anyone risking their personal equipment. A dealer or factory test ride would be the most obvious situation for you to try.
    First off most people have insurance on cars etc. Second off the name is just something I'm fascinated with. Third I'm on social security disability and have had 7 years of traditional motorcycle riding experience and just because my credit isn't perfect doesn't mean that one is not capable of anything. I have done so much out for others and it's not like the person wouldn't know where I live I have virtually no debt and car accidents took away something that kept me going. I honestly can't even get a fund to help for my situation but to be honest if I had the choice if buy one but when you have filed for bankruptcy within the last year and don't make more than 2000 dollars a month what bank going to finance someone. I'm limited to ssdi benefits and 1100 a month in employment earnings.

Spyder Garage

Default Only 2 locations

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I rented a Spyder for a day to see if I would like it. Too much of a risk on an owners part to loan one out for a day or two.
    http://www.eaglerider.com/cam-am-rentals
    Here is a link to a place in Seattle that will rent one for as long as you would like.
    This place only offers Sypder rentals from 2 locations. New Jersey and Spain.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    This place only offers Sypder rentals from 2 locations. New Jersey and Spain.
    I looked for renting one here in this state but it just isn't a popular state for can am spyder rentals. I found one for 4300 but don't got that cash laying around and with my luck the accident settlement went be enough to get one in the 10k range. Buying a bike in Washington is a pain over priced used market. Taking the trike class was not enough for me when I lost my motorcycle. I can't change the past I can only try and see if the is someone willing enough to give me a chance

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Interesting thread, I'll be following this.

Spyder Garage

I have been riding motorcycles, snowmobiles, and now a Spyder for over 50 years. I all of those years (except 1 time that cost me a bunch of money) only I, my son or close friend with extensive riding experience rode my machines. My response was "put cash in my hand (whatever amount that I decided would replace the machine) and you can take it for a ride." Never had anyone take that offer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I looked for renting one here in this state but it just isn't a popular state for can am spyder rentals. I found one for 4300 but don't got that cash laying around and with my luck the accident settlement went be enough to get one in the 10k range. Buying a bike in Washington is a pain over priced used market. Taking the trike class was not enough for me when I lost my motorcycle. I can't change the past I can only try and see if the is someone willing enough to give me a chance
    It took some pluck and positive thinking to put the ask out there and I wish you well. I would consider it if I lived closer to you.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    It took some pluck and positive thinking to put the ask out there and I wish you well. I would consider it if I lived closer to you.
    All I have is the ability to ask. I don't know how much more strength I have anymore with my health and I lost riding two wheels because of people hitting a car twice. It's hard enough when everyday the doctor says you aren't going to get better but riding gave me something that kept me going. Imagine saving for years then have to sell a motorcycle cause you can't afford to pay for medical bills. Being on a fixed income and parttime income isn't easy and I have gone through so much in the last couple years. I'm a survivor of assualt and with everything taking its toll upon my life PTSD has made even wanting to work a challenge. I still believe that someone has a caring side. There has to be some humanity in this world there has to be someway to understand. I used to do so much for others and then in the times I needed help there never there and I understand that there not cheap at all. Nothing is cheap anymore look at the cost of a car which get this couldn't find a loan on one of them either not that I need one but fixed income people don't meet the basic qualifications for a loan even if they wanted one. I used to use the motorcycle as my primary transportation because insurance was cheap for me one yearly as well as maintenance. I use a car that my roommate owns two of em. I on the other hand find driving frustrating in comparison to riding. I just want be able to ride a canam spyder as don't know how long my kidneys will function till I'm at dialysis point.

Spyder Garage

All I have is the ability to ask. I don't know how much more strength I have anymore with my health and I lost riding two wheels because of people hitting a car twice. It's hard enough when everyday the doctor says you aren't going to get better but riding gave me something that kept me going. Imagine saving for years then have to sell a motorcycle cause you can't afford to pay for medical bills. Being on a fixed income and parttime income isn't easy and I have gone through so much in the last couple years. I'm a survivor of assualt and with everything taking its toll upon my life PTSD has made even wanting to work a challenge. I still believe that someone has a caring side. There has to be some humanity in this world there has to be someway to understand. I used to do so much for others and then in the times I needed help there never there and I understand that there not cheap at all. Nothing is cheap anymore look at the cost of a car which get this couldn't find a loan on one of them either not that I need one but fixed income people don't meet the basic qualifications for a loan even if they wanted one. I used to use the motorcycle as my primary transportation because insurance was cheap for me one yearly as well as maintenance. I use a car that my roommate owns two of em. I on the other hand find driving frustrating in comparison to riding. I just want be able to ride a canam spyder as don't know how long my kidneys will function till I'm at dialysis point.
    Dunno what one can say except, each post just gets better and better.

Spyder Garage

Called several dealers and only one would let me test drive only in there parking lot. Seems impossible to just get a long ride to just actually enjoy one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The parking lot may not be ideal...

But you sometimes have to play the hand that you've been dealt.

It couldn't hurt to give it a try; please let us know what you think of them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't speak for others but unless you own one or were a very good friend i would not let someone ride my bike.

Spyder Garage

Maybe someone will offer to take you for a ride on theirs. Most of us are hinky about letting someone else at the controls.

Back when 's first came out--they offered "test rides" to the media. One media person quickly crashed and totaled the

Shortly after my divorce, my ex let her friend drive her He promptly drove into a tree with it--causing a couple $K damage.

Stuff does happen...but hope it is not to you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The parking lot may not be ideal...

But you sometimes have to play the hand that you've been dealt.

It couldn't hurt to give it a try; please let us know what you think of them!
    Already did a parking lot called my endorsement training through a safety foundation class. And I need to get a better feel for them over distance and to clear the mind
    Last edited by prisondude; 02-02-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Maybe someone will offer to take you for a ride on theirs. Most of us are hinky about letting someone else at the controls.

Back when 's first came out--they offered "test rides" to the media. One media person quickly crashed and totaled the

Shortly after my divorce, my ex let her friend drive her He promptly drove into a tree with it--causing a couple $K damage.

Stuff does happen...but hope it is not to you.
    Even being a passenger would be better than nothing but don't know anyone with one.

Spyder Garage

Still hoping someway I can be able to ride one. Even when I found a spyder for 4300 couldn't even get it. Tired of being unable to get a loan.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still hoping someway I can be able to ride one. Even when I found a spyder for 4300 couldn't even get it. Tired of being unable to get a loan.
    Hope you can get back on your feet, financially. Must be tough.
    2014 RTL Platinum