Spyder Garage

Default R-35 Rigid Saddlebags Discontinued

Hi, all. I purchased a 2013 RS-S a week before Christmas with the idea I would slap some saddlebags on her prior to Spyderfest in Springfield MO. I found out, this week, that BRP has discontinued those bags. While they show as available on BRP's site, BRP does not have any in their warehouse and will not be ordering any additional. I know this because I ordered a set and had the bags canceled. I called BRP and they gave me the contact information for four dealers that showed as having the item; however, I called and all four had already sold them. The part number is 291400351. Does anybody have any idea where I might be able to grab a set? Without the extra storage space, my son and I are going to be cramped on our rides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There were some on Amazon and Ebay. I'd go there, put the part number in and do a search. BRP has basically left the RS and ST owners with very little in the way of accessories since stopping production on those models. The only bonus is....if you can find accessories for these models they are typically heavily discounted.

Spyder Garage

Unfortunate. There was a set of the older version 219400301 on Amazon; however, my understanding is that those only fit 2012 and prior. The 2013 and 2014 are excluded from fitment for some reason.

Spyder Garage

Default sad news....

You may have to go to "Shad" of "Givi" and see if they still have some in stock of thier style...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I think Shad produces luggage for the F3, but not the RS series. Givi discontinued their brackets some time ago for the RS (I am sure BRP had something to do with that). I am able to find the older 219400301 kits, but they only show fitment through 2012. Does anyone know if that part will work on the 2013? I just don't know enough about the underpinnings of a 2012 versus a 2013 to know if the 219400301 will work in place of the newer 219400351.

Spyder Garage

Default Hard Saddle Bags for 2013 RSS

IMG_2591.jpgCE Schmutz, The hard saddle bags you're looking for are on E-Bay as V35 GIVI saddle bags and also on Revzillz under the name GIVI Monokey Tech Panniers. These are the same as I installed on a 2013 RSS about a year ago. They were purchased from a Can Am dealer with mounting brackets. Used to see them on E-Bay quite frequently. They are definitely the hard side cases (saddlebags) for your 2013 RSS. May have to search for mounting brackets though. Try the WTB section under forums. Someone may have some info. Good luck with your search. Revzilla.com. Computer won't correct the spelling for some reason.
    Last edited by juscuz; 01-23-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added photo

Spyder Garage

Thank you, juscuz. I appreciate the input and am aware that the V35 is the same bag. As you rightly point out, the brackets are the problem. I will continue my search and will post an update if anything worthwhile happens. As it stands, I have two dealers that were going to check for me as they thought they might have a set tucked away somewhere. Failing that, I may paint a couple of milk crates satin black and strap them on

Spyder Garage

Default Mutazu bags

Some folks have had good reports using these bags from Mutazu...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detachable-...-/231854436544

My dealer said he had to call about a dozen others to find my Givi bags over the holidays...
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    Some folks have had good reports using these bags from Mutazu...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detachable-...-/231854436544

My dealer said he had to call about a dozen others to find my Givi bags over the holidays...
    Thank you, Raprider. If all else fails, the Mutazu bags will be an option for me. A couple of folks on this forum have done a great job with the mounts and give me some hope and inspiration; however, I worry about my ability to mount them without the entire assembly looking cobbled together.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CESchmutz View Post
    Hi, all. I purchased a 2013 RS-S a week before Christmas with the idea I would slap some saddlebags on her prior to Spyderfest in Springfield MO. I found out, this week, that BRP has discontinued those bags. While they show as available on BRP's site, BRP does not have any in their warehouse and will not be ordering any additional. I know this because I ordered a set and had the bags canceled. I called BRP and they gave me the contact information for four dealers that showed as having the item; however, I called and all four had already sold them. The part number is 291400351. Does anybody have any idea where I might be able to grab a set? Without the extra storage space, my son and I are going to be cramped on our rides.
    Check with my dealer. Team CC in Eagle River and Team CC in Wasilla. I think I saw a pair hanging on the wall in Eagle River last summer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Found Them!

After calling multiple dealers with no luck, I called large dealership in California. They didn't have any; however, they were kind enough to check their dealer network and showed one location in the U.S. that reported inventory. I contacted that dealer and, sure enough, they had one set languishing away in their warehouse. They sold them to me at a smoking price to "get rid" of them. I ordered the inserts separately and look forward to spending some quality time on the back end of my bike in a couple of weeks. Winning.

Spyder Garage

After calling multiple dealers with no luck, I called large dealership in California. They didn't have any; however, they were kind enough to check their dealer network and showed one location in the U.S. that reported inventory. I contacted that dealer and, sure enough, they had one set languishing away in their warehouse. They sold them to me at a smoking price to "get rid" of them. I ordered the inserts separately and look forward to spending some quality time on the back end of my bike in a couple of weeks. Winning.
    Glad to hear you found what you were looking for.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default R-35 Rigid Saddlebag Kit for RSS 2013

I called Cam Am to see if they had these in stock. They told me they do. So, I called my dealer and ordered the bags, mounting brackets, and color matched panels. Am I missing something here? Will let you know when and if they arrive.

Spyder Garage

Default U were right

It turns out that the bags are discontinued.
    I'm now calling dealers to see if they still have some in stock.
    If not, there are other options....... I hope.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by turkman View Post
    See post #10 above.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Hard to Find, but Found Them

Quote Originally Posted by turkman View Post
    Turkman,

See post #11, above. I did manage to find them, but it was a long and arduous search. Best of luck to you. By the way, it is important to not over-tighten the brackets that mount up against the underside of the inner-fender/tail section. I broke a stud with my over-exuberance. The parts are, obviously, discontinued so I had to grind off the head, punch out the threaded section and weld a new stud in. Works great. Unfortunately, the right bag would not seat with my aftermarket Two Brother exhaust, so I had to put it back to the stock exhaust, which honestly looks pretty darn good. Again, good luck with your quest.

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations!

Congratulations on finding them. It's also great to see so many helpful suggestions. Our group really works well trying to help each other.

Rob

They sold them to me at a smoking price to "get rid" of them.
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Default Found

A set with the correct mounting hard ware.
    Also ordered the correct color panels for the bags.
    Had to call 6 dealers to find them.
    Dealers were helpful in referring me to other dealers who might have a set.