Spyder Garage

Default Sena 20S or J & M Bluetooth headsets?

Good Day Folks...we are considering going to wireless headsets. Likely going to purchase the Sena20s along with the 2017 RT this spring. I have been reading a fair amount of discussion regarding the "water resistance" issue with the Sena. I have not been able to find anything in regard to this issue with the J & M. We have been very happy with J & M in the past but their new Bluetooth may be too new. Has anybody used the new J & M Bluetooth headsets and if so, how did they compare to any other bluetooth headsets? We ride a lot so we end up riding in the rain and cold weather. Thought??

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Can't offer anything on the J M stuff, but we rode all through Canada this last June, rained everyday, we had no problem with the Sena 20 s. If there is an issue they will just shut down until they dry out, but we never lost them in the rain. You can also check out the Cardo Scala PACKTalk, I believe they are supposed to be water proof.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

We dumped the wired J&M head sets for the Sena 20S blue tooth sets . We ride 20-25 K yearly in all types of Canadian weather and no problems in the rain or cold . Senas work well and always get 10-12 hour days on a charge .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Sena

I am a true believer in the Sena's, I had UClear headsets they were good, but nothing compared to the Sena's, I have the Sena wire to attach to the Spyder's comm link, that wire is attached to the Sena SM10 which connects wirelessly to the 20S communicator, I am now able to get all of the Spyder's audio except the CB, if the CB is important to you Sena makes the Freewire unit that will give you CB as well, I am able to make and receive calls, communicate with up to 9 riders including yourself, I have set up a ride group of 6, and it has FM radio build in!

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi
    If you deside on SENA give me a call
    I can and will save you money
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Yspyder View Post
    Good Day Folks...we are considering going to wireless headsets. Likely going to purchase the Sena20s along with the 2017 RT this spring. I have been reading a fair amount of discussion regarding the "water resistance" issue with the Sena. I have not been able to find anything in regard to this issue with the J & M. We have been very happy with J & M in the past but their new Bluetooth may be too new. Has anybody used the new J & M Bluetooth headsets and if so, how did they compare to any other bluetooth headsets? We ride a lot so we end up riding in the rain and cold weather. Thought??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Can't offer anything on the J M stuff, but we rode all through Canada this last June, rained everyday, we had no problem with the Sena 20 s. If there is an issue they will just shut down until they dry out, but we never lost them in the rain. You can also check out the Cardo Scala PACKTalk, I believe they are supposed to be water proof.
    Thanks for your reply. You have made it an easy decision!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    We dumped the wired J&M head sets for the Sena 20S blue tooth sets . We ride 20-25 K yearly in all types of Canadian weather and no problems in the rain or cold . Senas work well and always get 10-12 hour days on a charge .
    Thanks!! I have heard that the charge on some sets only last a few hours when you use a few apps. Looks like the Sena 20s will be the one!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Get in touch with Motorcycle Dave...truly best price and service! Also I can confirm on the charge. We did loose the charge on ours one time in Canada......but that was a 19 hour day!!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.