Spyder Garage

Default Nelson-Rigg Rain Suit

Does anyone have any experience with the N-R SR-6000 Stormrider Rain Suit? Yes, I know Frogg Toggs suits are popular and pretty good. I've had one but am looking for hopefully satisfactory alternatives without breaking the bank. Thanks in advance.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jay, because I like you so much I went out to the garage to see what model NR I have and it is the SR-6000. I bought it at Spyderfest last year because I was wearing a new to me Can-Am jacket that was rated at less than 100% waterproof and we were heading to NC through rain and cold. At first I purchased a more expensive model that was also being sold at Spyderfest but when I tried it on over my other gear it was too tight at the neckline. When I went to exchange it they no longer had the expensive model in my size but they did have the SR-6000. The pants are plenty long, probably even for your long legs

Mine is the high viz and I like that and the reflective stripes that they have on it, the zipper works great, it has lots of velcro and the pants have stirrups and the jacket has a hood. I wear Aerostitch Gortex pants, which do a great job of keeping me dry but they aren't quite long enough and I get water dripping down into my boots so I wear the NR suit over the pants, as the stirrups keep the water out of the boots. I will have a layer of water between the Aerostitch and the NElson Rigg as the rain suit doesn't breathe like Gortex does. That's a little annoying but if I'm dry underneath that's all that matters.

The rain suit got a good workout on our trip to the 10th Anniversary Homecoming both as a rain suit and as an added layer to cut the wind and cold. It worked great for me on my recent trip to northern CA and I think I should get at least a few years out of it. I give it
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks very much, Ann.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S