Spyder Garage

Default First mods, Roadkrome luggage rack and Shad SH45 top case

20180121_141811.jpgI took advantage of the warm weather over the weekend and got a Roadkrome large luggage rack and a Shad SH45 top case installed.
    I read to clip a 1/4 inch slot out of the hole on the rear upper panel. I used dykes to score the slots then used a mini hacksaw to saw the 1/4 inch slots out. The little hacksaw made the job super simple.
    I also read to swap the replacement left and right seat bracket bolts that come with the Roadkrome kit out for hex head bolts because they are hard to access after you install the luggage rack brackets. Instead of swapping to hex heads I used a small bit ratchet. This is handy little tool, it also worked awesome for removing the Tupperware bolts that are in tight spots.
    This might save you some time, when you got to put the seat back on. Don't leave the seat and bracket at a 90 degree angle like when taking it off. After you have the luggage rack arms installed, you can't lower the seat back down from a 90 degree angle. I folded up some of the luggage rack cardboard to hold the seat up at the perfect angle to get the bit ratchet on to the left and right bolts while keeping the rear of the seat from getting pinched by the luggage rack arms.
    The Shad top case is very nice, I still need to add the Shad back pad so passengers can lean back on it. I was going to go with an OEM luggage rack but I like the look of Roadkrome rack better and liked being able to keep the stock BRP tailpiece in place. Seems nice and sturdy too. They also make a smaller luggage rack and a passenger backrest.
    20180121_141808.jpg20180121_135135.jpg

20180121_135130.jpg20180121_135127.jpg
    Last edited by Squanchkava72; 02-23-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: pictures

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Squanchkava72; 02-23-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Spyder Garage

Good job and nice pics.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage
    Roadkrome luggage rack
    Shad SH45 hard case
    Bajaron anti-sway bar and Heim links
    Mirror extensions
    Spyderpops air dam foam kit
    Rivco handlebar risers (purchased and on my mods to do list)

"A damn good feeling to run these roads" - Tyler Childers
    "I close my eyes, it was all so clear, it was all right then, it was all right there" - Tyler Childers
    "Woke up today and decided to kill my ego, it ain't ever done me no good no how" - Sturgill Simpson
    www.squanchkava.com