Thread: Need to Move

Spyder Garage

Default Need to Move

I need to move 2 RTs from Los Angeles to Madisonville KY. Any suggestions on who to use? We have some inquiries out but I thought I would ask here.
    Anyone use a service they like.

Spyder Garage

I have not used them, but several folks here have used Uship and have had good results.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

UShip seems to get decent reviews.
    Why not just ride them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Last year I got totally frustrated trying to find someone to move my RTL from ID to AZ. Seems it isn't a popular route so truckers don't like to do it unless they can charge huge bucks and take their sweet time. I ended up renting a trailer and made the round trip myself.

Be aware that uship is a broker, not a move service. They distribute your request to their truckers and the truckers reply individually with rates and schedules. There are lots of reviews online both good and bad so do your due diligence first. Also, be aware that trikes are not their favorite item as they tend to be wide and long. Make sure your trucker knows the exact specs of both trikes before accepting their bid.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I received a decent quote from Haulbikes. They had no issues with shipping a Spyder and they don't require a forklift or loading dock at pick up or drop off points. They will ship right to your door.

Spyder Garage

We had a very bad experience with Uship, the hauler they farmed it out to was a total jerk and kept changing the price. We were trying to get a Dog trailer shipped from Michigan to Oregon. And then when we finally agreed on his price he canceled. My wife finally rode out and got it.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider60 View Post
    I need to move 2 RTs from Los Angeles to Madisonville KY. Any suggestions on who to use? We have some inquiries out but I thought I would ask here.
    Anyone use a service they like.
    Since this may be a universal issue with moving Spyders you might consider re-posting in the first forum which is not model-specific. You may receive more feedback from other than RTL owners.

Spyder Garage

Default Haul bikes

I have used Haul Bikes, they specialize in motorcycles only. They deliver Harleys to dealerships around the US from Milwaukee. Here is their web address. http://haulbikes.com/

Spyder Garage

Default haul bikes

as previously stated a bike hauler is the way to go yes it takes time but think about this for a moment 60 bikes is 60 stops when the driver gets to a stop it can take several hours to move bikes out of the way to dig yours out then reload again the electronic driver log book only gives the driver 14 hours in a day there is enough work involved to keep a driver busy for 24 hours motorcycle transports are professionals but it takes time weeks is realistic if you try u ship and someone calls with a pickup and an enclosed trailer the front will scrape loading if you ship with auto transport an open truck has no center ramp for a 3rd tire if it is enclosed auto transport many of them still have an open space in the center the driver needs a system to deal with the 3rd tire dont let anyone put a side srap on your front tires they damage your bearings from extream 45 degree side to side presure then you will be trying to chase down where the vibration is comeing from a bike hauler has bike strap for a bike not car straps being used on a bike sorry trke sorry spyder....................................... shall i go on...................................
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

Default snow

If you have any more questions let me know but I need to go shovel the driveway before the wife gets home
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

Default MOVE

The prices I am getting are out of this world, we will ride the bikes out and take a plane trip back.

Spyder Garage

Default super bowl

i would have expected that we cant get new hire employees into minnesota for under 2000 airfare or put them up. No rooms available sometimes life brings us to these hard decisions
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

Check around for some hot shot trucking company's. Some use flat bed trailers and some use closed in trailers. They run all over the country hauling stuff for people and company's but they use mostly duel wheel pickup trucks not semi 18 wheelers.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I bought my Spyder it was in Florida. I used Uship.com, put it up for auction, got many offers, read reviews carefully, checked their equipment and selected one.

They had a 3/4 ton pick up with an enclosed trailer, they came north with my Spyder and a compact car on the trailer. The coat was about $450, and the unit was in my driveway within 22 hours after they picked it up.

As someone said choose wisely. Uship owns the site, good and bad reviews all stay on there, the haulers have no say in it. Also, keep in mind, Uship gets your money, basically keeps it in escrow for the hauler, but they know that the funds are there, if they deliver, they get paid. You get a code to keep secreted away until you accept delivery. Once it is done you give the code to the driver, he enters it into his account and the money is transferred.

you can buy insurance, my driver bought the insurance for me, it was great.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate