Thread: 2014 RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RTL

Again picking your expertise SpyderLovers. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2014, white, RTL for $19K, the machine is pristine, dealer service because the guy is so meticulous, $3K of farkles I would post pics, but that doesn't seem to work. To me that number seems a little high, but I'm not that familiar with the price of the RTL other than the online search. That's question one, how many use regular fuel in this machine and what is the downside? How many miles, not sure all I can say is, 'low mileage', seems I recall 10K and change but it's been some months since he told me.

Spyder Garage

BikerBill...

Just like for an auto, you can find some good info on Kelly Blue Book or NADA...

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/can-...icetype=retail
    Retail = 19,610
    Trade-in = 15,300

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...-LIMITED-998cc
    List Price = 30,400
    Low Retail = 13,360
    Average Retail = 17,580

Keep in mind these are 'guidelines' and don't consider farkles...there are mixed opinions here on SL as to their value. YMMV.
    Good luck!
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Rapid, guess that number is on dealer's resale floor since you show it as retail. I tried to pull up kbb and turned off my ad blocker, but seems I have another add blocker on can't find so the information was blocked.

Spyder Garage

You're welcome!
    You may also find less "seasonal variation" down in FL as compared to here in NJ...
    I tried to deal on a brand new 2015 ST-L I found online and the dealer wouldn't budge...said he could sell it any time...which led me to ask why he hadn't sold it in 2+ years...
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a pretty decent deal: I got 20K for mine when I traded it in...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Price is going to depend on which part of the country. Bob did REAL good on his. You should try to find what is comparable in your area. KBB is a good starting point.

Here, I would be lucky to get $14K on a trade in. Mine has about $1K worth of farkles on it and 28K miles so far. Usually, farkels should not be counted in the price. Most dealers give 0 value for farkles to the seller. They then turn that in to a bonanza for themselves by reflecting them in the asking retail price. Farkles cost big bucks up front, make the bike yours, but not necessarily what the next person wants.

IMO: Asking price is not necessarily equal to the out the door price. There are many factors that go into the final computation. They will vary between buyer and seller. Other threads about purchasing can be found by searching.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-22-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Interesting to get a response from the great state of AK, ya don't think much about three wheelers or motorcyles there. Good comment, thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Other factors to be considered;
    1. Whether the farkles are things you would be paying for anyway
    2. How many miles on the bike? Over 10k and you're looking at the cost of service, possible tire replacement in the near future
    3. Years left on the B.E.S.T. warranty - or has it expired?

Generally speaking, I think $19k is a fair price if you really like the bike.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Interesting to get a response from the great state of AK, ya don't think much about three wheelers or motorcyles there. Good comment, thanks.
    Interestingly, there are a LOT of two wheelers here. Not to many Spyders. I am one of the "prolific" owners. Got the first one sold to a customer in AK, have owned five, and still own two.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gezz for 2 k more and at the right time you could get a new bike. JMO

Check with Imotorsports as I have seen some great deals on a brand new bike. I think they may have a dealership in Florida too??

Don't want to steer you away from what you think is best for you.

Anyway good luck

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE ART OF THE - - -DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's a pretty decent deal: I got 20K for mine when I traded it in...
    Bob you got an exceptional deal for your Spyder ( but did you get ANY discount on the new one ??? ) ...... However you were the one who received $20,000 ( in trade money ) ....HE IS buying one .... and that's not a reasonable amount to PAY for one ....... jmho...... Mike