Spyder Garage

Default 2009 RS Looking for Throttle Lock

Hello, I have a 2009 RS. I just installed Oxford Heated Cruiser Grips yesterday. I had a collar type style throttle lock. But when I took the old grips off noticed it was broke. I do not like the cramp buster. I am looking for a throttle lock that would work with the heated grips? I only use the throttle lock to give the hand a relief for a minute or two. What type of throttle lock do you have with your heated grips? I have seen Kaoko and Throttlemister.

Thank you in advance,
    Sheila

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tspappe View Post
    Hello, I have a 2009 RS. I just installed Oxford Heated Cruiser Grips yesterday. I had a collar type style throttle lock. But when I took the old grips off noticed it was broke. I do not like the cramp buster. I am looking for a throttle lock that would work with the heated grips? I only use the throttle lock to give the hand a relief for a minute or two. What type of throttle lock do you have with your heated grips? I have seen Kaoko and Throttlemister.

Thank you in advance,
    Sheila
    I use a KAOKO on my 2011 RSS for the same reason you use yours. Simple to install, works well, but is a tad difficult to engage as are all barend throttle locks. That being said, I would get another.

Spyder Garage

Thank you in advance,
    Sheila
    Check out madcorider he has a nice one
    David

Spyder Garage

Do you have heated grips. I just spoke to Kaoko customer service. Not for sure if I need type A or B? I do have risers on my bike. He wasn't for sure if I would have enough bar left to install them. Feeling a bit confused.

Spyder Garage

Do you have heated grips. I just spoke to Kaoko customer service. Not for sure if I need type A or B? I do have risers on my bike. He wasn't for sure if I would have enough bar left to install them. Feeling a bit confused.
    If space is the issue look at this one. I have one of these on my 08 GS and doesn't need much room at all.
    https://www.atlasthrottlelock.com/pr...-throttle-lock
    David

Spyder Garage

I contacted Cruise Mate today, they discontinued theirs for the Spyder. Talked to Oxford today, they can't recommend one. So I am still looking. Please if you have one with Heated Grips let me know what you have? I am just not having any luck finding one. I really need to get one installed before the riding season. The cramp buster does not work for me either.

I really appreciate everyone that chimes in.

Thank you,
    Sheila

Spyder Garage

I contacted Cruise Mate today, they discontinued theirs for the Spyder. Talked to Oxford today, they can't recommend one. So I am still looking. Please if you have one with Heated Grips let me know what you have? I am just not having any luck finding one. I really need to get one installed before the riding season. The cramp buster does not work for me either.

I really appreciate everyone that chimes in.

Thank you,
    Sheila
    The one I posted works with heated grips. Takes up very little room and works well.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    The one I posted works with heated grips. Takes up very little room and works well.
    David
    I am re watching the install video. Maybe, if I watch it a few times. It might make sense and sink in. Thank you again.

Spyder Garage

Not sure about the type A or type B. KAOKO shows one specifically for a Spyder roadster. That is the one I have. I do have aftermarket heated grips and there are no issues with the throttle lock. I don't have any idea why there should be any conflict at all with the grips and throttle lock since the lock installs inside the bar and works by squeezing the end of the grip. I think I added a flat washer when I installed the new heated grips.

BTW, I purchased the KAOKO through Amazon.

Spyder Garage

Warlock, did you purchase the bottom one? Didn't know if it made a difference with the Oxford Grips. I have been watching all the you tube reviews. I think its something I may lean towards.

Thank you,
    Sheila

Spyder Garage

Warlock, did you purchase the bottom one? Didn't know if it made a difference with the Oxford Grips. I have been watching all the you tube reviews. I think its something I may lean towards.

Thank you,
    Sheila
    Mine is the older style. My set button and release is on the bottom. I don't have heated grips. They say look at where your wire is located and then you will know which one you need. If your wire comes out of the top halve of your grip you would need the bottom type. Just remember just order opposite where you wire comes out. Hopes this helps. Very easy to install. Took me maybe 5 minutes.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Mine is the older style. My set button and release is on the bottom. I don't have heated grips. They say look at where your wire is located and then you will know which one you need. If your wire comes out of the top halve of your grip you would need the bottom type. Just remember just order opposite where you wire comes out. Hopes this helps. Very easy to install. Took me maybe 5 minutes.
    David
    David,

Thank you so much for pointing me in this direction. I have talked to David Winters on e-mail and he has been a awesome help. I am very impressed with the Atlas and eager to receive it. Getting ready to order it now.

Thanks again,
    Sheila

Spyder Garage

David,

Thank you so much for pointing me in this direction. I have talked to David Winters on e-mail and he has been a awesome help. I am very impressed with the Atlas and eager to receive it. Getting ready to order it now.

Thanks again,
    Sheila
    Well made and very simple design. Hope it works well for you. Mine does great.
    David

Spyder Garage

i got a stock one which i dont use as i put antivibrate bars

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you in advance,
    Sheila

I had the Throttlemister on my 2012 RS. Loved it and easy install. I liked it better then BRP cruise control