Spyder Garage

Default Arachnid Touring Tire V35004

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this rear tire on their F3T or F3L? Just starting to do some research for possibly later this summer when my stock one will be done.

Thanks for any and all info.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did try it on my RT and could have gotten over 10K on it but went with a car tire before a trip didn't want to come home on bald tire.

This place has got a good price right now if you are going this route.

https://www.cedarrapidstire.com/cate...torcycle-tires

You have just opened up a very highly discussed topic. TIRES

Hope others don't get into the normal pissing match.

Sorry for the RANT!

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!!

You are not going to get any favorable reviews on any motorcycle tire for these bikes. This a now a totally car tire site..There are a few of us that have had good results and continue to use the Kendas and have tried the Arachnid. I am currently on the archnid and have over 7,000 miles on it and still plenty left. A lot will depend on where you ryde and how. I am on an RS and ryde aggresively in southern CA.(very little bad weather) I will say that I will go back to the Kenda on the next switch as I find the arachnid breaks loose to easily come off the line or out of a turn. May be a harder compound .
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have no experience with the Arachnid tire. I got 10,000 miles on the Kenda on our F3L and don’t think that was bad. Went with a car tire for the wear and less tire changes.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

We have replaced a number of defective Arachnid tires. JUNK. Actually worse than the Kenda if you can believe it.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I just bought this tire to replace the factory Kenda tire, I hope it's not that bad. I will get it mounted next week. I let you know. Fingers crossed
    2013 RED RT-S SE-5. Nothing special, but it's mine. I call it El Diablo Rojo
    US ARMY Combat Engineer. Sapper Strike!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2013REDRTS View Post
    I just bought this tire to replace the factory Kenda tire, I hope it's not that bad. I will get it mounted next week. I let you know. Fingers crossed
    At this point, a sunk cost. Use the tire and replace it when needed. You have a 50% chance of equaling or exceeding the Kenda mileage.

I consistently get 15K on my Kenda's in the rear. Dealer will not install anything other than OEM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I used Arachnids on my RT with decent performance. The factory Kenda rear on my F3 went almost 14K miles. I replaced it with a Kenda. The factory fronts have 17K miles and have tread left to wear off. Although I live on the prairie, much of my riding has been in the hills and mountains east of the Mississippi. And I ryde pretty aggressively. In short, I’ve had good luck with both Arachnid and Kenda tires.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are few commercial car tires that are the exact replacement size for the Spyders; car tires being used are generally, narrower and a higher profile, which yields the approximate tire OD compared to the 225-50R15. Many also have an asymmetric tread pattern. Some exceptions are sport-style car tires from Toyo, and a few others, but they have issues with cold temperatures (e.g., below 10 F).

I have an Arachnid on my F3-S with just over 6K miles on it. It is wearing flat across the face, something the OEM tires ever did (over about 140K Spyder miles of history). A harder tire compound will have lower traction/grip compared to a softer compound; the softer compound will have lower wear life compared to a harder compound. It's in the polymer chemistry of the compounds.

Happy Ryding!
    Wayne
    Last edited by pauly1; 06-25-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: edited tire size from 255 to 225 to be more accurate
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do you ride a lot below 10 degrees? You can make any assumptions you want about car tires, run what you want. I run car tires.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Do you ride a lot below 10 degrees? You can make any assumptions you want about car tires, run what you want. I run car tires.
    No, but they get stored where it is below 10 F in MN. The opening question, before being hijacked into an emotional discussion on tires, was "Arachnid Touring Tire V35004
    I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this rear tire on their F3T or F3L?" As I have direct experience running the tire in question, I responded. As stated in your earlier post, you haven't used that tire.

In any case, run what you bought.
    Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

And I have direct experience removing a number of defective arachnid tires from Spyders. Will not install them. They are the only choice actually WORSE than the OEM Kenda.

Just FYI, many have gone with the Yokohama which is a near exact match in physical size both height and width to the OEM kenda and actually has better dry and wet traction.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame