Spyder Garage

Default Very interesting = Three Wheeled Yamaha

Interesting for sure ----But Oh, so ugly
    Check out Yamaha Niken

Spyder Garage

Default Link

I didn't find your link to work. Do you mean this? https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sp...g/models/niken

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Many brands View Post
    Check out Yamaha Niken
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

trikes are a new trend
    look here, it's old news
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...re-interesting

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i don't find i ugly but i do find yamaha a lot more reliable then can am

Spyder Garage

Since there is no "locking" mechanism to take advantage of the three wheeled configuration at slow speeds or at a stop I really don't see the point of the Yamaha. If you lose your footing at a stop or at slow speed the bike is going over three wheels or not. With bikes like the Piaggio MP3 you can lock it in the vertical position with no need to hold the bike up, the Yamaha doesn't do this. Still need to park on the side stand as well. I enjoy new toys from the manufacturers as much as anybody, but as I said, what's the point of this one. Sell an extra tire now and then?
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

As I ,mentioned in the other threads.... that is a massive amount of hardwear on the front end. Having worked on front forks and all their problems you would now have two sets to deal with and the steering head bearings and all as well. The front end is not that much different that a single but I can't speak badly as I have never riden one. There are others similar out there.....even an off road version...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I agree that the Niken doesn't float my boat in the looks department. Honda has been teasing us with the Neowing hybrid powered by a flat 4 + electric motor. The concept vehicle is totally geared to the sport bike rider - so I'm not sure that it would have a very wide appeal. But, it's possible that if/when it's released it will be more sport touring oriented and might even have an upright locking feature. That would be the best of all worlds for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Many brands View Post
    Check out Yamaha Niken
    have to agree, what's the point of the front wheels being so close together anyway? Isn't the whole point of three wheels is to have more stability?
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Since there is no "locking" mechanism to take advantage of the three wheeled configuration at slow speeds or at a stop I really don't see the point of the Yamaha. If you lose your footing at a stop or at slow speed the bike is going over three wheels or not. With bikes like the Piaggio MP3 you can lock it in the vertical position with no need to hold the bike up, the Yamaha doesn't do this. Still need to park on the side stand as well. I enjoy new toys from the manufacturers as much as anybody, but as I said, what's the point of this one. Sell an extra tire now and then?
    The Tilting Motor Works conversions are going to be sold standard with vertical locking system. Up to now it's been optional.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    have to agree, what's the point of the front wheels being so close together anyway? Isn't the whole point of three wheels is to have more stability?
    If you were to ask that question then you would need to ask how do the 3 wheel scooters have such good stability, and people who know have ridden then and declare them near uncrashable, and the answer to that my friend is centripital force counteracting gravity.

Spyder Garage

Default New trike

A new trike but chain drive .Where is the kick starter ?