Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You lucky Devil...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default not likely

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    This just is not going to happen! This talk has been going on for decades and is just not real. What would be more likely is California will become a new COUNTRY!
    The liberals that run California aren't going to let it happen. Essentially five counties control the second most populated state in the nation. Most people would be happy to be rid of the coastal elite, but the only way they would let the rest of the state go is to unload all the debt on the new state since the five counties have bankrupted the whole state with unfunded state employee pensions and welfare bills.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    ..... What would be more likely is California will become a new COUNTRY!
    With the right earthquake, they say it'll become a new CONTINENT.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    The liberals that run California aren't going to let it happen. Essentially five counties control the second most populated state in the nation. Most people would be happy to be rid of the coastal elite, but the only way they would let the rest of the state go is to unload all the debt on the new state since the five counties have bankrupted the whole state with unfunded state employee pensions and welfare bills.

And, don't forget Crazy Jerry's bullet train to nowhere that is billions of dollars over budget and they haven't even really done anything.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default failure

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    And, don't forget Crazy Jerry's bullet train to nowhere that is billions of dollars over budget and they haven't even really done anything.
    That was doomed to failure from the start. Three hours from downtown Los Angeles to downtown San Francisco was always impossible. Jerry Brown and his friends sold the taxpayers a bill of goods. Now it's a hybrid low speed/high speed system which if it's ever finished won't be any faster then the old Southern Pacific Coast Daylight that made the run from downtown Los Angeles to downtown San Francisco in eight hours powered by a steam engine in the late forties and early fifties. Good old Jerry promised that they could build the three hour system for thirty billion dollars, now it's going to be over a hundred billion ans won't make the required time constraints. They've already spent ten billion and haven't laid a foot of track, or built the power plants to power the trains.

Spyder Garage

That was doomed to failure from the start. Three hours from downtown Los Angeles to downtown San Francisco was always impossible. Jerry Brown and his friends sold the taxpayers a bill of goods. Now it's a hybrid low speed/high speed system which if it's ever finished won't be any faster then the old Southern Pacific Coast Daylight that made the run from downtown Los Angeles to downtown San Francisco in eight hours powered by a steam engine in the late forties and early fifties. Good old Jerry promised that they could build the three hour system for thirty billion dollars, now it's going to be over a hundred billion ans won't make the required time constraints. They've already spent ten billion and haven't laid a foot of track, or built the power plants to power the trains.

And, don't forget that ALL of the experts say it will never work as configured because of seismic faults. It is physically impossible, yet they plow ahead anyway.
    2020 RTL SE6

Spyder Garage

Oh, and, for those that think it just those crazy Commiefornian's problem, it's NOT. Most of the money is coming from you via the Federal Government.
    2020 RTL SE6

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    With the right earthquake, they say it'll become a new CONTINENT.
    That was just mean!!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default mountains

And, don't forget that ALL of the experts say it will never work as configured because of seismic faults. It is physically impossible, yet they plow ahead anyway.
    A big part of the problem is it has to go over two mountain ranges instead of under them now. Trains climbing mountains do so slowly because of loops and switchbacks, all too tight for high speeds even if the train has a high enough power to weight ratio to climb quickly. Once that new wrinkle is added in, the trains would have to do in excess of Mach 1 on the flats. As far as I know that's impossible because of shock waves and parasitic drag.

Spyder Garage

Default 51st State

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I saw in the news just the other day that there may be a 51st state joining the United States.

i want to congratulate anyone involved in the NEW CALIFORNIA project. If you can make it happen this will change a lot for all of us but certeinly much more for you.

As he always states, "Git 're Done!" I am truly excited about the possibilities that this would bring.

Joe
    My parents, and my mother's usually quoted from the state's license plates when they heard something like this, "show me". Personally, I'll believe it when I see it happen. But I am curious as to see what will happen next to the state once, and solely known as California.

Spyder Garage

A big part of the problem is it has to go over two mountain ranges instead of under them now. Trains climbing mountains do so slowly because of loops and switchbacks, all too tight for high speeds even if the train has a high enough power to weight ratio to climb quickly. Once that new wrinkle is added in, the trains would have to do in excess of Mach 1 on the flats. As far as I know that's impossible because of shock waves and parasitic drag.

I see you haven't read the engineering details. The LA Times, of all places, did an excellent expose on this boondoggle a year ago or so and the big problem is they are planning on going THROUGH the mountains, not over them. The plan is to tunnel under both Tehatchapi and the Santa Susana(?) mountain ranges. This is the part that all experts claim is impossible now and anytime in the future, because there is not just one, but many different seismic fault running through the area.
    2020 RTL SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I see you haven't read the engineering details. The LA Times, of all places, did an excellent expose on this boondoggle a year ago or so and the big problem is they are planning on going THROUGH the mountains, not over them. The plan is to tunnel under both Tehatchapi and the Santa Susana(?) mountain ranges. This is the part that all experts claim is impossible now and anytime in the future, because there is not just one, but many different seismic fault running through the area.
    But it sure sounds like a GREAT start to a Science Fiction Channel horror movie!

They could even re-awaken Godzilla for it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default faults and expense

Judging from what the "big dig" cost back east, tunneling under the mountains would cost more than the entire budget for the system. Plus both ranges are unstable with multiple faults running through them. Brown and his friends just keep wasting money on a system that can't work as the initiative required and will never carry enough passengers to break even on operating costs. That's why no commercial partners have joined. Anyone with even the intelligence of a ant can see it's a boondoggle that's nothing but a waste of money. The only people to benefit from it are the democratically-connected lobbyists, consultants and lawyers who are being paid right now and eating up all the bond money. What I don't understand is why the courts don't stop this since it's been proven in lawsuits that it's impossible to make the time target REQUIRED by the iniative.