We ridden together for over 40 years with the most recent two up bikes a Yamaha FJR and a Honda Goldwing. She doesn't like the Goldwing because it locks her in between the arm rests and the trunk back rest. Given our ages and the fact that she's having more difficulty getting on/off a mc, which has to be on the side stand to mount up (can't rock a bike of the center stand once we're on it), I'm considering the possibility of a Spyder. I've rented a RT model and had no trouble with the transition, taking it for two solid hours over mountain curves at and above the limits posted. My preference is for the ST model from a riders comfort standpoint. However, I'm concerned that my passenger who is used to being passive on a mc will have a hard time adapting with only the grab handles and a backrest to hold on to to counter the centrifugal forces a Spyder would subject her to.

So, after this long preamble, I'd like to hear from older rider/passengers who came to the Spyder late in their riding careers how they handled the transition.

P.S. I've got my eye on a 2013 ST-S Limited SE with 4600 miles -- doesn't have the 2014 side panels though.