Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default bluetooth hearing aids

Well, with my Resound Bluetooth hearing aids, iPhones GPS maps, a good batch of music, I be ready to head out when the weather breaks. Don't usually use GPS when we ride but we're going to try it out this year on our trips. other than powering the phone, no cords required.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    Well, with my Resound Bluetooth hearing aids, iPhones GPS maps, a good batch of music, I be ready to head out when the weather breaks. Don't usually use GPS when we ride but we're going to try it out this year on our trips. other than powering the phone, no cords required.
    My current hearing aids are the "before Bluetooth" versions, but when it's time to replace them it's Bluetooth for me. I'd like to know how they perform for you on your trips.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    My current hearing aids are the "before Bluetooth" versions, but when it's time to replace them it's Bluetooth for me. I'd like to know how they perform for you on your trips.
    So far I've only used them in the car with the Apple IPhone car-play system. GPS audio from the IPhone to the hearing aids was good. I don't normally wear them unless my ears are ringing real bad, which lately has been most of the time.

Spyder Garage

I've been using blue tooth hearing aids for over 5 years now. Never had a problem pairing up with anything. The only issue is the wind noise that callers hear while I'm riding.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

I've been using Phonak Exelia Micro Bluetooth hearing aids since 2011 and find them very useful and a real benefit to QOL for an old, deaf artilleryman. I do NOT wear them when riding because they are just thick enough to bother my ears with my Shoei Neotec helmet. I also have found that when doffing the brain bucket one or both of the aids may get pulled out of my ear(s) and fall on the pavement. I'm going to the VA on Friday to receive a new pair of Oticon aids that are not as large as the Phonaks. Even if I find the new aids fit better with my helmet I probably will not wear them riding because I prefer to wear ear plugs to protect what little hearing I have left.
    Last edited by JayBros; 01-15-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have the resound , in setting you can turn off outside noise, with the ap from the phone. Then the act like ear plugs, but you can still listen to music. No wind noise 🤬

Spyder Garage

I use TheFitLife ear plugs, https://www.thefitlifestore.com/. A pair comes with three sizes of ear buds and within the buds you put a small included device that allows some sound to go through the buds while blocking out wind noise. It makes them very effective for listening to GPS commands as well as radio/music while blocking wind noise. Amazon also sells them but there's no price break.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I use TheFitLife ear plugs, https://www.thefitlifestore.com/. A pair comes with three sizes of ear buds and within the buds you put a small included device that allows some sound to go through the buds while blocking out wind noise. It makes them very effective for listening to GPS commands as well as radio/music while blocking wind noise. Amazon also sells them but there's no price break.
    I've got a nice set of earplugs my boy got me when he was at FT Bragg. they've got little plug things that can be opened up for sound. closed, things are pretty quiet.

Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I've been using Phonak Exelia Micro Bluetooth hearing aids since 2011 and find them very useful and a real benefit to QOL for an old, deaf artilleryman. I do NOT wear them when riding because they are just thick enough to bother my ears with my Shoei Neotec helmet. I also have found that when doffing the brain bucket one or both of the aids may get pulled out of my ear(s) and fall on the pavement. I'm going to the VA on Friday to receive a new pair of Oticon aids that are not as large as the Phonaks. Even if I find the new aids fit better with my helmet I probably will not wear them riding because I prefer to wear ear plugs to protect what little hearing I have left.
    I have Phonak bluetooth and they are great. The helmet fit, I dug some of the styrofoam out of the ear area and that works well enough to wear them in my helmet.I cannot hear much of anything without them. Without them my Spyder sounds like a
    Goldwing........

Spyder Garage

last week I bought a set of Widex Beyond Fusion 2 bluetooth hearing aids. They are mad for iPhone and work great. I previously had Otigon Epoq WX which also had bluetooth but you needed to wear a streamer. with the new ones all phone sounds come thru the hearing aids. I can adjust how much environment versus music sounds come thru. It is great taking calls with the sound coming thru on both ears. I do not think I could get the helmet on without maybe losing an aid in the process. Does the hearing aids "Squeel" when the helmet is on? I would think. Oh yeah, these hearing aids are $$$
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

I do not have a problem with feedback squeal with the Phonaks; it's just the risk of having one fall out when I pull the helmet off. I'm lucky that the VA has a 60 day or so test period with the Oticons and if I don't find them satisfactory they will try another brand.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I recently started using Beltone hearing aids. They can connect to only one device at a time. At first I tried to go riding using the hearing aids to give me directions off my phone and I could not hear them at all with the noise of the wind and Spyder. The best thing to do is let your communications device, in my case a cardo Q3 do their job and the hearing aids do their job to amplify what the speaker is giving me. That works the best.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I recently started using Beltone hearing aids. They can connect to only one device at a time. At first I tried to go riding using the hearing aids to give me directions off my phone and I could not hear them at all with the noise of the wind and Spyder. The best thing to do is let your communications device, in my case a cardo Q3 do their job and the hearing aids do their job to amplify what the speaker is giving me. That works the best.
    I had a hunch the wind rush noise would be a problem. so I think I will go another route. tks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I think I will have to experiment also by moving the speakers a little towards the hearing aids to fine tune the sound.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I just got a new F3 L and everything is different. I am in the market to get a modular helmet to give me more protection and a quieter ride so I can hear the communications and music better. I will also upgrade to the new Scala packtalk too which has a better sound. Im also going to a new Garmin 590 GPS which also will give me more options.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    I had a hunch the wind rush noise would be a problem. so I think I will go another route. tks
    Yes the hearing aids amplify the wind as well. I currently use a 3/4 helmet and need to go to a modular so it will block the wind better.