Spyder Garage

Default Anybody know the dimensions of the rubber grommets on the 2014 RT side panels ??

Trying to buy some without taking off my own Tupperware to measure first.
    Need to replace a few I saw missing and I'm wondering if I could buy these quicker and/or cheaper somewhere (Ace, Lowes, autozone, Farm Supply, etc) besides the Can-Am dealer.

Also, looks like I saw 2 kinds when I did have the sides off yesterday.......but of course I wasn't thinking to measure them then........duh........ One round and one "kinda oval" - although I don't know if that was caused by being in place for a while or original shape. Are there 2 different types meaning you need to know exactly where you need to replace one to get the right one ???? Can't find a parts breakdown that shows these in any detail either.

FYI - as I recall now......yesterday seems so long ago.........the missing ones were the ones located behind the 2 "chrome TORX heads" on the side panels I've seen people write about changing or modifying or "NOT TOUCHING" under penalty of................................ :-))

Any help appreciated.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Parts Breakdown

Going to any of those on-line parts stores / dealers, like cheap cycle parts, Pitbull, etc., go to your model and year and bring up the Body and Accessories diagram - the first of the Body and Accessories series. The grommets underneath the fake torx screws appear to be item number 148 - called oval washer. I think that's Canadian for grommet. The other ones you're looking for might be on that same diagram. At 3 to 4 bucks each, plus shipping, might be more efficient with your time and gas to just order them on line and get the right ones the first time.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Diagrams with Oval washers for spyder

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Going to any of those on-line parts stores / dealers, like cheap cycle parts, Pitbull, etc., go to your model and year and bring up the Body and Accessories diagram - the first of the Body and Accessories series. The grommets underneath the fake torx screws appear to be item number 148 - called oval washer. I think that's Canadian for grommet. The other ones you're looking for might be on that same diagram. At 3 to 4 bucks each, plus shipping, might be more efficient with your time and gas to just order them on line and get the right ones the first time.
    Thanks Snowbelt. I've done that on every one of those diagrams I can find, but they don't show numbers for a lot of the places these types of rubber grommets are used. Don't know why. I did find the "oval" one...Part number 705000321, but not the round hole one. Also, as I said in my post, I can't determine where each is used on our parts (round vs oval) but I know both are used.

FYI, I did find 1 picture I took when I had the side panels off that shows one of the holes for the grommet being elongated. Can't make out the other hole to see if it is the same or just round. Having no grommet in the hole "may" be the only way you can tell what they want......which is after you already really need a replacement in hand :-))

If I missed something in one of the diagrams please let me know.

Correction........I just looked again at a diagram of Can-Am source parts and "maybe" I was looking for something that doesn't exist. Maybe all 4 on the side panel ARE Oval. The other round ones I have seen are from removing the curved body section by the front wheel...and actually all of those are different overall construction. THANKS for making me look again !!
    Last edited by teninospyder; 01-13-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Re-look at oval washer use

Spyder Garage

The parts are called Oval Washer, PN 705000321, and they come in pairs @ $4.33/pr from BRP. Check Cheap Cycle Parts for a lower price. They are in fact different from the round grommets that hold the side panels in place.

Do yourself a favor when reassembling panels, courtesy of SpyderAnn01, lightly spray the grommets with a spritz of windex and the pins will almost jump into place, no undue pushing necessary.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Where are they $4.33/pair ? All I can find is $4.33 each.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The parts are called Oval Washer, PN 705000321, and they come in pairs @ $4.33/pr from BRP. Check Cheap Cycle Parts for a lower price. They are in fact different from the round grommets that hold the side panels in place.

Do yourself a favor when reassembling panels, courtesy of SpyderAnn01, lightly spray the grommets with a spritz of windex and the pins will almost jump into place, no undue pushing necessary.
    JayBros,
    All I see is places selling (qty 1) at $4.33 each. That's OK with me but where do you see packs of 2 for $4.33?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check with Value Accessories on the vendor section think they have them for sale too?

just found them. see below

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Re...tGrommets.aspx
    Last edited by trikermutha; 01-14-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    JayBros,
    All I see is places selling (qty 1) at $4.33 each. That's OK with me but where do you see packs of 2 for $4.33?
    I actually went to the Body and Accessories 31Y1402 page for the 2014 RTS SE6, for my Spyder, because I'm most familiar with that set of pages. They are item #148 in the picture. I have found that there are occasionally PN changes that the dealer's parts guy has that we don't see on the parts lists we have access to online.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Not shown for spyder

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Check with Value Accessories on the vendor section think they have them for sale too?

just found them. see below

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Re...tGrommets.aspx
    Thanks, but I can't find them showing for Spyder, only Honda/etc and those could be a different size.

Spyder Garage

Default Where is pr/$4.33?

I actually went to the Body and Accessories 31Y1402 page for the 2014 RTS SE6, for my Spyder, because I'm most familiar with that set of pages. They are item #148 in the picture. I have found that there are occasionally PN changes that the dealer's parts guy has that we don't see on the parts lists we have access to online.
    JayBros......I agree with the part number but where are they available at 2/$4.33 as you stated in your original post?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, but I can't find them showing for Spyder, only Honda/etc and those could be a different size.
    I got it from the Spyder listings

Contact them to be sure

http://store.valueaccessories.net/ma...ntrolbars.aspx

Spyder Garage

JayBros......I agree with the part number but where are they available at 2/$4.33 as you stated in your original post?
    See the snip from the parts page, Item # 148 with the quantity listed in the right column just to the left of the cart symbol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that's 4.33 each but required two?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tenino, you've been tripped up by BRP inconsistencies in parts names. They're bad.

What you are looking for is the oval washer, 705000321, 8 per bike, which you already know, and the round grommet, 705003264, 2 per bike. There is also a grommet assembly, 705005055, 4 per bike, but I can't make out from the parts diagram what it really is.

The diagram numbers for the parts vary from year to year parts diagrams but the part numbers stay fairly constant. All of these are on one of the Body & Accessories diagrams. Here again BRP does not maintain consistency year to year as to what a particular parts diagram and list is called.

As to where to buy them Google is your friend. Search for 'Can-Am 705000321' and all sorts of hits will come up. Repeat the search for the other numbers. If your dealer is not too far away you may be better off to go there. Ordering them online likely will cost more for shipping than for the parts.

As to how to find parts in the parts lists, you mostly need good luck and good guesses. The best place to start, IMO, is the BRP parts pages. https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/f...ts-iframe.html The link is on SL home page, right side. A good way to search a particular parts list after you have the parts page open, in this case Firefox, is right click on the parts list, go to This Frame, then open in new tab or new window. Then just do a search of the page with Ctrl-F.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Agrre on quantity per side and price is per grommet.

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I think that's 4.33 each but required two?
    I agree with you. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

When I pulled the side panel off, there were no grommets for the fake torx fittings. Just empty holes. I put everything back without rubber grommets with no ill effects. So far, no issues.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    When I pulled the side panel off, there were no grommets for the fake torx fittings. Just empty holes. I put everything back without rubber grommets with no ill effects. So far, no issues.....
    The key words being "so far".

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I went to Cheap Cycle Parts and typed in PN 705000321 and the price came in at $4.33 for a quantity of 1. Ergo, the BRP site quantity of 2 listed in ther parts page appears to be what one needs for one side panel. Even though the BRP online store site says one can order parts, when I put in the part number nothing came up; part too small I guess. My initial post about the price being $4.33/pair was WRONG!
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I agree to lube them but also glue them onto the Spyder by putting a small amount of silicone into the grove before installing .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default zip ties

Don't remember who told me or if I read it on here. I used small little zipties to hold them in place, no issues........I also ordered them thru cheapcycle parts...quick shipping

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

I went to Cheap Cycle Parts and typed in PN 705000321 and the price came in at $4.33 for a quantity of 1. Ergo, the BRP site quantity of 2 listed in ther parts page appears to be what one needs for one side panel. Even though the BRP online store site says one can order parts, when I put in the part number nothing came up; part too small I guess. My initial post about the price being $4.33/pair was WRONG!
    From what I saw it is 1 package of 2 grommets for $4.33.

2014 Copper RTS