Spyder Garage

Default Need help before I leave for the store...

I believe when you get a battery tested there are 2 tests that can be run. Is one called static, and the other under load. I know when my Odyssey battery crapped out, I took it to my BRP dealer and they charged it overnight, and it was at 12.7 volts when I got it back, and I was told it would start the Spyder. When I called Odyssey, I was told that that may not be enough to start the Spyder. They sent me to one of their dealers, and he checked it, and said it was no good, and they gave me another battery free. So, here's the issue. I'm going to the Apple store b/c we are having problems with a 1 month old iPhone 8+ regarding the battery. Yesterday, when I wasn't there with my gf, they checked the battery and said it was good. That's why I'm looking for the 2 names. The phone was charged to 100% last nite and then powered down, and this morning it is at 0%.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Only one Month old?
    They OWE you a new battery: the old one must have developed an internal short...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Apples and oranges here......
    Or Apples and Spyders.........

For the static test, you charge it up and then leave it sit disconnected for a few hours then measure the voltage.
    Regardless of the type (of automotive battery), it it reads less than 12.6, then it is bad.

The load test applies a load of appropriate size for the battery in question and measures the voltage.
    Different batteries have different failure points depending on the size and application.

I seriously doubt that corresponding tests exist for cell phone batteries.......because the failure thresholds aren't published.

And finally, sometimes the battery will pass all the tests immediately after charging but will lose the charge just on it's own over several hours.

IF.....the people in the "phone store" don't know how long your battery should last.......find a different store or ask for a manager who looks like he has been in the business more than 3 days.

Spyder Garage

all this said ... if its one month old they will simply replace the phone. May be a hardware issue! Insist on a new phone replacement and make sure they don't give you a refurbished unit.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

I'm with the group that stated have them replace the phone. It will only get worse if the battery is limping along. Goning back and forth with it will only irritate everyone
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Cell Phone

Definitely, ASK/REQUEST for a new cell phone if the battery will not hold the charge. I'd JUST ask the manager and it should not be a problem. PS: Good Luck
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue