Spyder Garage

Default Covers for 2017 F3T-L options?

Recently I purchased this cover for my new 2017 F3T-L.
    The cover is a Can-Am #219400768. It fits really well!

The problem is it fits so snugly that it really takes some time to install and remove!

I am searching for a cover that I can slip on and remove swiftly for quick trips out of the garage, or in a dusty environment that I am not staying over night at.

Can anyone recommend a full cover that will work for this particular F3?

It is important to note that this cover is built to handle the same thing as the towing cover set-up, but it doesn't have to have zippered pockets for all of the same options, nor does it have to fit like a glove, but it does have to be easy to put on & remove...

Remember that the towing cover is set up for the 2017 F3T-L, which has a rear trunk, passenger armrests, and tallboy windshield.

Spyder Garage

maybe this is what you're looking for; 1/3rd price of the BRP trailering cover, looks to be fairly light and loose fitting:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please note: I edited this after originally posting - reason: gave the wrong link (wrong cover); have changed it to the one intended.
    Last edited by bushrat; 12-31-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Tailoring covers must be tight or flapping will destroy the finish of your bodywork wherever the wind flaps it. Not really designed for your driveway.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Cover

Just got my cover for my 2017 F3 Limited with trunk. perfect fit for $80.00. Nice heavy duty from Chrome World part number 107553. Lots cheaper than what BRP wants for one.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
    Just got my cover for my 2017 F3 Limited with trunk. perfect fit for $80.00. Nice heavy duty from Chrome World part number 107553. Lots cheaper than what BRP wants for one.

Can't get on their site. Cert revoked.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Can't get on their site. Cert revoked.
    Check amazon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
    Thanks for the referral, I find it weird that it shows a picture of an RT with this cover...
    They do not declare which model it is for...
    I have an Ultraguard cover that I had on my RT, but it doesn't fit (tried to be sure before I purchased anything)

It looks pretty loose in the picture, but then my ultraguard was pretty snug too, so I guess it could work like you say

Thanks for the tip!!!
    Last edited by bn2wild; 01-19-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    maybe this is what you're looking for; 1/3rd price of the BRP trailering cover, looks to be fairly light and loose fitting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NELSON-RIGG...FXyGEQ&vxp=mtr
    Do you have this on your F3 L?
    It looks like it might not make it over the trunk...

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up UltraGard

I'm using this one on my F3-S:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BM6BDN8

You can wait for the sale - I bought mine for $68. It's surprisingly well made for the money, it has zippered pockets for windshield and passenger backrest. Easy to cover and take off.
    I like it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bn2wild View Post
    Do you have this on your F3 L?
    It looks like it might not make it over the trunk...
    Hi bn2wild:
    Looks like I clicked on the wrong eBay link when I responded earlier. Like you, I find the BRP trailering cover to be very effective, but also kind of bulky, very snug and a bit of a hassle getting on and off when I really only need a light cover for overnight. So, I recently ordered a Show Chrome cover made for the RTL. Since they are a few inches bigger than an F3L, I'm gambling that it will fit, perhaps even a bit loosely.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJDYSBC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ADDED NOTE: This cover has just arrived. Tried it on. Very snug fit and not all that suitable for what I was hoping. My fault; nothing against manufacturer. As previously stated, I took a chance and hoped it might do. Too much excess material in the wrong places to really be suitable for an F3L. Cover itself is light and folds up into small bundle; much better for travel. Could probably be altered, but I think I'll just look for something similar that fits better. Thought I should post this so others are made aware.
    20180105_150157_001.jpg20180105_150217_001.jpg
    bushrat
    Last edited by bushrat; 01-07-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Hi bn2wild:
    Looks like I clicked on the wrong eBay link when I responded earlier. Like you, I find the BRP trailering cover to be very effective, but also kind of bulky, very snug and a bit of a hassle getting on and off when I really only need a light cover for overnight. So, I recently ordered a Show Chrome cover made for the RTL. Since they are a few inches bigger than an F3L, I'm gambling that it will fit, perhaps even a bit loosely.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJDYSBC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ADDED NOTE: This cover has just arrived. Tried it on. Very snug fit and not all that suitable for what I was hoping. My fault; nothing against manufacturer. As previously stated, I took a chance and hoped it might do. Too much excess material in the wrong places to really be suitable for an F3L. Cover itself is light and folds up into small bundle; much better for travel. Could probably be altered, but I think I'll just look for something similar that fits better. Thought I should post this so others are made aware.

bushrat
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING! - DON'T WANT TO WASTE $$$

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tPanic View Post
    I'm using this one on my F3-S:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BM6BDN8

You can wait for the sale - I bought mine for $68. It's surprisingly well made for the money, it has zippered pockets for windshield and passenger backrest. Easy to cover and take off.
    I like it.
    BUT THIS WILL NOT FIT A 2017 F3L!
    The 2017 L has a trunk! The ad specifically says it will not fit with a trunk!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am sure that BRP makes a 1/2 cover for the F3L 2017 and beyond. Sometimes you just a have to spend the money to get what works. I have BRP 1/2 covers for both our RT and F3L. They fit great, they compact nicely for travel, and they are quality built. That would be my suggestion. I wouldn't buy a trailoring cover as my Spyder will never be on a trailer!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I am sure that BRP makes a 1/2 cover for the F3L 2017 and beyond. Sometimes you just a have to spend the money to get what works. I have BRP 1/2 covers for both our RT and F3L. They fit great, they compact nicely for travel, and they are quality built. That would be my suggestion. I wouldn't buy a trailoring cover as my Spyder will never be on a trailer!
    I don't usually carry a cover when we travel because space is at a premium so the cover usually loses out to tools. Two of my friends bought their F3Ts before I did and one had a Spyder Systers Shade that she sold thinking it wouldn't fit on her F3T, I bought it and now that I have an F3T I find that it fits nicely. The other friend had a 1/2 cover for her RT and she gave it to me, I don't think I ever used it on the RT but I tried it yesterday and it works just fine on the F3T.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Yes I have seen the 1/2 cover for the 2017 F3L. But not really thinking it does much other than keep the occasional visiting people from sitting on it, which is good, but not really why I want a cover. The parts left out in the open, all have to be washed from the rain or dust that will accumulate over night on a trip. When I am on a trip, the last thing I want to be doing is washing my Ryde, but

I can tolerate minor road grime build up, so a full cover to me makes sense.
    I had an UltraGard on my 2012 RTL, it was light, folded down small enough that it didn't take up too much room in the frunk above the luggage bag. It was perfect for the RTL.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The full cover is just going to be harder to put on and take off. We rode across country on our spyders with the half covers and when you ryde 600 miles a day all of those parts are going to get dirty. So we did indeed clean spyders almost every night. On thing I can tell you, you don't want to put a cover on a dirty motorcycle, you will have a mess on your hands. So unless you are ryding in a bubble where they have surgically removed all of the bugs in the air, you will need to wash that sucker every night before you put that full cover on it, or just let it be dirty, and use a 1/2 cover. Then again maybe you just ryde around town and don't get out on the road much. For the quick trips you are talking about the 1/2 cover is going to be the quickest on and off you can get. You could also try what Ann suggested which is the RT 1/2 cover and that would cover more of the F3. Good Luck!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

The full cover is just going to be harder to put on and take off. We rode across country on our spyders with the half covers and when you ryde 600 miles a day all of those parts are going to get dirty. So we did indeed clean spyders almost every night. On thing I can tell you, you don't want to put a cover on a dirty motorcycle, you will have a mess on your hands. So unless you are ryding in a bubble where they have surgically removed all of the bugs in the air, you will need to wash that sucker every night before you put that full cover on it, or just let it be dirty, and use a 1/2 cover. Then again maybe you just ryde around town and don't get out on the road much. For the quick trips you are talking about the 1/2 cover is going to be the quickest on and off you can get. You could also try what Ann suggested which is the RT 1/2 cover and that would cover more of the F3. Good Luck!
    Yes, I realize that cross country you will get more inclement weather, and that is a good point. If I encounter that type of weather then it is understood about washing before placing a cover.

But, like you, I live in CA. We do mostly CA Rydes, try not to be traveling on hiway trips due to traffic concerns, so longer countryside trips exploring our area have been pretty successful at avoiding bugs. Even traveling from the Bay Area to San Diego or to Eureka were typically clean 500-600 mile Rydes.

It's all good, we all live different lifestyles, but not understanding why this cover is not an option to find...
    2017 F3T Limited; Can-Am Driver Backrest, Can-Am Tall Boy Windshield, Can-Am Passenger Armrests, Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMT, brake rod extension, Super loud 131 DB air horn
    2012 RTS Limited; Custom Corbin seat Bomber Jacket Brown w/Dual Butt Heater, Gas Door, Driver Backrest, Web Boards, Bad Boy Air Horn, Baja Ron Sway Bar, Spyder Brake Pad, Right Vent Heat Block, Cargo nets, Drink holders