Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth adapter I have a 2013 RTSSE5

I have a 2013 RTS Se5. I bought a Bluetooth adapter to plug into the cable in the trunk so I could listen to music from my phone. I plugged in, it worked fine, I took it to my truck and it worked fine. I toke it back to the bike and it would not work. Back to the truck and it would not work. Never got it to work again. It was connected to the phone because I could change the volume and the sound track from the adapter. I gave up and ordered another one. I installed it in the truck worked fine. I took it to the bike and I did not think it was working but I heard something. If I turned the volume on the bike to full it was playing but not very load. I returned it to the truck and same thing, turn the volume to full and it very low. Has anyone had any experience with the Bluetooth that might help me out.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

I think the make and model of the Bluetooth adapter would help. I have the Sena adapter, purchased from Motorcycle Dave here on SL and it has an Audio Boost option.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth adapter

FWIW, when I play music from my MP3 player to my car or to my headset in my helmet, I have very little volume unless the volume control of the MP3 is @ maximum. The volume is then controlled by the controls on your helmet or audio system in your vehicle.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    FWIW, when I play music from my MP3 player to my car or to my headset in my helmet, I have very little volume unless the volume control of the MP3 is @ maximum. The volume is then controlled by the controls on your helmet or audio system in your vehicle.

Make sure your phone media volume is turned up to max or near max.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)