Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT audio - Looks like no CB

The Operator's guide for the 2018 RT & F3 are available now. https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners...formation.html. Parts listings are up but no parts diagrams yet. https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/f...ts-iframe.html

Here's a quote from the guide regarding the audio options available.

The phone Audio menu is to:
    – Adjust the configuration of:
    • Auto presets
    • Auto volume control
    • Equalizer
    • Fade/Balance
    • Audio output
    – Access FM source audio
    – Access Bluetooth Audio Player
    – Access Aux Audio Player
    CB is not listed in the menu. But then neither is AM or Weather radio unless they're part of the FM source radio. So, have all three been dumped, or is the manual incomplete? I'm guessing CB has been dumped. The 2014 Operator's Guide makes reference to the optional CB and the PTT (push to talk) button. CB is not in the 2018 guide and one occurrence of PTT in the caption of the picture showing the BRP Connect button. It looks like the BRP Connect button is what was the PTT.

I guess we'll know for sure when you guys start getting them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer told me the CB is different to the earlier models and will need a corded headset. Still not sure about radio/sat radio routed through BT to headset. Hope so. If the CB doesn't work with BT then I'll skip it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also don’t see anything about pairing your phone to the bikes Bluetooth system. Maybe there will be a supliment?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I also don’t see anything about pairing your phone to the bikes Bluetooth system. Maybe there will be a supliment?
    Google myspin. I found info on phone pairing for auto, 2 wheelers, etc. on their website. Hope this helps. Why BRP chose this app instead of Android Auto/Apple Car Play is beyond me, and others.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 C.B.'s

I had the dealer install a C.B. on our '14. It is the newest version and the PTT switch in already on the left handlebar pod from the factory. I don't remember if the C.B. was or wasn't mentioned in the OM. Good Luck. Mad Mac