Spyder Garage

Default Question about PayPal and not receiving an order...

I placed an order 5 weeks ago, and didn't receive a full shipment. I've emailed the supplier a few times, and she keeps telling me that she's going to contact her supplier for a ship date. I'm now going to request a refund. Do I have to go thru paypal for a refund, or can I go directly to my bank? I used my bank credit card to make the purchase.
    Last edited by wyliec; 01-11-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

Ask the vendor first to cancel the order and refund.

Then if not successful, file a claim on the paypal account.

Then if not successful, file a claim with the card issuer. Unlikely as paypal is pretty responsive to buyers.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Agree

paypal is good at getting things settled. In the end you can cancel the charge on your bank don't know if that would be to paypal or the supplier...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I just had a similar issue. Contact PayPal. Document that you have contacted the seller. Follow that PayPal process. I got a full refund. Didn't take long.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Ask the vendor first to cancel the order and refund.

Then if not successful, file a claim on the paypal account.

Then if not successful, file a claim with the card issuer. Unlikely as paypal is pretty responsive to buyers.
    Exactly right!

Just don't give them too much time at this stage of the game.

Always use a credit card to make a purchase through Paypal (or any other on line method for that matter). Using a debit card can create grief if something goes wrong.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I placed an order 5 weeks ago, and didn't receive a full shipment. I've emailed the supplier a few times, and she keeps telling me that she's going to contact her supplier for a ship date. I'm now going to request a refund. Do I have to go thru paypal for a refund, or can I go directly to my bank? I used my bank credit card to make the purchase.
    Paypal has a time limit, or at least used to, but I don't know how long. Several years ago I made a claim for razor blades that turned out to be counterfeit. It was too late for PP so I filed it with Amex. Amex reimbursed me.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Paypal has a time limit, or at least used to, but I don't know how long. Several years ago I made a claim for razor blades that turned out to be counterfeit. It was too late for PP so I filed it with Amex. Amex reimbursed me.
    You have 180 days to get a refund from Paypal. Most credit cards have the same time limit. That's 6 months.

Spyder Garage

My order is shipping today.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You have 180 days to get a refund from Paypal. Most credit cards have the same time limit. That's 6 months.
    I think 10 years ago PayPal was only 60 or 90 days. 180 days is good.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Paypal started in 1998. I started using it in 2000. eBay started a similar program (I forget what they called it) but it failed. Could not compete with Paypal. So, eBay bought Paypal in 2002.

There have been a lot of changes and improvements over the years. I run into people who say that Paypal ripped them off and they lost all the money they had in their Paypal account or that someone was buying product with their Paypal account, etc. But the truth is. Most likely in every case the account holder replied to one of the many official looking phishing, fraudulent emails proclaiming some dire message to get you DOING in a panic, rather than THINKING it through. And the Paypal account owner actually gave all of their security information to crooks of their own free will.

The first thing you want to do when you get one of these dire message emails is RELAX! Calm down. Take some deep breaths and think it through.

If a stranger comes up to you in the Walmart parking lot and asks to see your credit card. Do you hand it over to them? NO! It's a No Brainer! But, that is exactly what you are doing when you click on the link in an email saying 'Your Account Has Been Suspended', or 'There has been some suspicious activity in your account recently', or 'You recently purchased the London Bridge. If this was not you please click here to cancel the order.' DON'T DO IT!

ALWAYS log into your account directly by going to the secure web site and signing in. If there are any issues with your account (highly unlikely) then they will be prominently displayed. And you will avoid giving away the farm.

Here is an example of what I am talking about that I just received today. Fake as a wooden nickle. But it looks good, doesn't it? Fake is no good if it's obvious. Probably Chinese. But whatever, the English is not too good. But better than many.

Last edited by BajaRon; 01-13-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    My order is shipping today.
    Congratulations! So, a bit of pressure did the trick! Other than the long wait. This is probably the best case scenario for you. Glad it appears to be working itself out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder what he ordered?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I wonder what he ordered?
    A farkle for our dog.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage