Hello, I have a question concerning helmet storage on our RT-S. My wife and I have full-face Arai helmets with Sena SMH5 communicators. Hers is S, mine is XL. Neither one fits into the side or rear cases, but we can fit both helmets into the frunk -- just BARELY -- but only if we turn hers upside down and squash it into the bottom, then take the communicator off mine and turn it sideways with the top toward the front of the Spyder (her communicator doesn't even touch the sides because the helmet curves inward). Even so, usually there needs more squashing to get them in far enough that the frunk lid can close easily so there won't be any issue with jamming. The problem is that her helmet binds on the sides of the frunk, preventing it from going all the way to the bottom. There's at least an inch or two of empty space that I can feel at the bottom below her helmet. If I could eliminate the binding on the sides, her helmet would go all the way down to the bottom, my helmet would fit easily above it and I probably wouldn't even have to remove the communicator to do it.

Once it's all in there, it's extremely convenient. We can cope with the PITA factor but wish we could skip the 5 minutes of adjusting and squashing every time we stop somewhere. I've wondered whether taking out the carpet on the sides at the bottom would give just enough additional width to let her helmet go the rest of the way to the bottom. Or, could the shape of the frunk be modified to make it even 1/4" wider? Does anyone have a similar issue, and if so, how have you dealt with it. Or, is there some other secret to helmet storage that I'm missing? I know there are devices for external helmet storage but I just really don't want to go there if I don't have to, not when this comes sooooo close to being ideal.