Thread: Trailer Hitch

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Hitch

Has anyone installed an after market trailer hitch on an f3 2016 or 17. If so, are you pleased with it and have you compared it to the BRP hitch?

Spyder Garage

What model do you have?
    I have a 2015 F3S and installed a aftermarket from Canada and love it.

Spyder Garage

Default Hitch

I have a 2015 F3S and put the hitch found on EBAY out of Canada on it and have had no problems.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Hitch

I have a 2016 F3 Limited. The one I am looking at is also from Canada. Priced at $249 including harness and shipping.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Hitch

I have a 2015 F3S that I purchased new in Feb 2017. Currently I have 5K miles. I mentioned I'd like to put a trailer hitch on it and my salesman suggested that I check and see if that would affect my warranty. Has anyone had a conversation with BRP or their Rep concerning this subject?

Spyder Garage

I had a 2015 F3S with a Bushtec hitch. The price is a little more than the one from Canada, but Bushtecs hitch is two piece with the receiver being removable thus no sign of having a hitch.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    I had a 2015 F3S with a Bushtec hitch. The price is a little more than the one from Canada, but Bushtecs hitch is two piece with the receiver being removable thus no sign of having a hitch.
    Thank you very much sir. I'll look into that. You don't happen to have an address for that Bushtec hitch do you?

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S vs 2017 F3L Trailer Hitch

My 2015 F3S had holes on each side of the mounting bar that you bolted the trailer hitch to.
    my 2017 F3L has no bolt holes at all. Is this normal and do I have to drill my on bolt holes or
    is there a trailer hitch specific to the 2017's?

Thanks is advance

Dray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by phil29 View Post
    Thank you very much sir. I'll look into that. You don't happen to have an address for that Bushtec hitch do you?

You could google them, or go to this http://store.bushtec.com/default.asp web site

Spyder Garage

Default Bushtec hitch

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    I had a 2015 F3S with a Bushtec hitch. The price is a little more than the one from Can

ada, but Bushtecs hitch is two piece with the receiver being removable thus no sign of having a hitch.
    Do you have any pics of your hitch I am very interested in buying one

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by phil29 View Post
    I have a 2015 F3S that I purchased new in Feb 2017. Currently I have 5K miles. I mentioned I'd like to put a trailer hitch on it and my salesman suggested that I check and see if that would affect my warranty. Has anyone had a conversation with BRP or their Rep concerning this subject?
    I have a 2017 RT-S and the manual says they are rated at 400lbs towing capacity. But I must use a BRP hitch or equivalent and a BRP trailer or equivalent. Also the BRP wiring harness. Go figure. Sounds like a Harley Davidson situation.
    2017 RT-S. Bone Stock!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    My 2015 F3S had holes on each side of the mounting bar that you bolted the trailer hitch to.
    my 2017 F3L has no bolt holes at all. Is this normal and do I have to drill my on bolt holes or
    is there a trailer hitch specific to the 2017's?

Thanks is advance

Dray
    The BRP hitch slips over the swing arm with a long bolt that goes through the center of the axle. Typical for all BRP hitches. The only models that it won't fit are the F3 with the tubular swingarm. IMHO the BRP hitch is better for multiple reasons: it has built in shock absorber bushings and it does not invalidate warraty. I wuld still prefer a frame mounted hitch so as not to transfer road vibration into the trailer tongue.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer hitch

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    The BRP hitch slips over the swing arm with a long bolt that goes through the center of the axle. Typical for all BRP hitches. The only models that it won't fit are the F3 with the tubular swingarm. IMHO the BRP hitch is better for multiple reasons: it has built in shock absorber bushings and it does not invalidate warraty. I wuld still prefer a frame mounted hitch so as not to transfer road vibration into the trailer tongue.
    Thank you. Phil 29

Spyder Garage

Testing the water...wife's 2015 RT Limited has BRP hitch. I'm told it will fit my 2016 F3 Limited SS (Does not have trunk). But also that I will need separate wiring harness.
    Looking for stand alone plug n play harness for F3 if available. Thoughts?

2021 RTL Chalk 2021 F3T White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmFam View Post
    Testing the water...wife's 2015 RT Limited has BRP hitch. I'm told it will fit my 2016 F3 Limited SS (Does not have trunk). But also that I will need separate wiring harness.
    Looking for stand alone plug n play harness for F3 if available. Thoughts?
    Your RT hitch will fit your F3L. I have no experience with an aftermarket wiring harness as I used BRP's harnesses for the F3 when I added the hitch from our 2014 RT to my wife's 2018 F3L.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue