Spyder Garage

Default heel toe shifter for RS?

Anyone know if a heel toe shifter for the RT will fit an RS? I need to find some type of heel toe shifter to use on my RS with Seal floorboards, I had to do some mods on the Seal shifter, but am a little leery that it won't hold up. I'm thinking of getting a set of shifters (made for a Harley) that are sort of generic and seeing if I can put them onto the stock shift peg with a screw going thru them into the stock shift peg to hold them in place, but don't know if that will really work. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by mikeinco; 01-08-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HEEL - TOE

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
    Anyone know if a heel toe shifter for the RT will fit an RS? I need to find some type of heel toe shifter to use on my RS with Seal floorboards, I had to do some mods on the Seal shifter, but am a little leery that it won't hold up. I'm thinking of getting a set of shifters (made for a Harley) that are sort of generic and seeing if I can put them onto the stock shift peg with a screw going thru them into the stock shift peg to hold them in place, but don't know if that will really work. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've owned both types ( RS / GS & RT )..... and the shifting configuration is different ..... I'm pretty sure they have different models available for each type of Spyder ......jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

It's a darn shame that after all the $ you spent on Seal floorboards you are not able to change gears properly.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    It's a darn shame that after all the $ you spent on Seal floorboards you are not able to change gears properly.
    Yup, I did some mods to the shifter, like welding a couple of very small pieces of 18ga steel to it and using about 6 washers to space the connection to the bikes shift arm. I'm not real sure how long it will last and I hate having to carry a tool box with me and doing roadside repairs!!
    Last edited by mikeinco; 01-13-2018 at 07:10 PM.