Spyder Garage

Default F3 High Beam Lights

My left high Beam went out on my 2015 F3 (10,000 Miles) - Lows work fine and I have Custom Dynamics BRIGHT fender Lights so I rode a few times till the Cold Snap. Do you need BRP Replacement lights OR can I buy the Headlights at the Local Auto Parts store?
    Do Not drive at night- Just want the Brighter Day High Beams on a BUDGET?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Sure....

I get all mine at the auto parts store. I get the brighter halogen ones...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The info on the bulb will be in your Owners Manual. It is a good idea to take the bad bulb with you to make sure you get the proper replacement. I hope you have very limber, small hands as it is a bear changing the bulbs on the standard F3 model. Good luck.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The info on the bulb will be in your Owners Manual. It is a good idea to take the bad bulb with you to make sure you get the proper replacement. I hope you have very limber, small hands as it is a bear changing the bulbs on the standard F3 model. Good luck.
    Thanks- I do have the CD Manual But anticipate taking the Windshield and other Parts off to get to it even if it takes 2-3 afternoons its Not really riding weather.

Spyder Garage

Any auto parts store will have them. Look for 9003 or H4 or 9003/H4. You will notice there will be a bunch of options and prices. A high performance bulb will cost more and work very well. Way more light output. The cost is bulb life. Don't expect them to last more then a 1 1/2 to 2 years. A standard bulb will be cheaper and last longer. But not as bright. Your choice.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks- This video seems to cover the basic pictures in the CD manual and adds to turn the key schrod to the left while pushing down.
    Could they maker it any Harder??? I guess it will be easier the 2nd time-LOL

Spyder Garage

I had trouble getting the boot off So tomorrow I will take off the signal light panels on each side and then Pull the Light assembly out (4 screws) a little forward So its much easier job and you can see what your doing.
    So your using the First video to get access through the top then Following Lamonsters video on taking off the signal light panel and pulling the light assembly out forward a few inches. Thank God for people taking time to do videos!!!
    Last edited by Sarge707; 01-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Smoke68

Default F-3 Head lights

I purchased the H-4 LED Head light Kit from Lamonster Garage for my F-3 Limited . At $109.95 the kit is more than Automotive Head Light Bulbs but I think it is well worth the investment. The LED's project a pure White Light unlike the stock bulbs which were a yellowish white.
    I live in East TN and when riding at night you have to be aware of the many deer we have. These H-4 LED are much brighter than the standard bulb. I adjusted mine slightly higher than the manual suggests. This projects the light out further and lights up the shoulders further away giving me a little more time to spot the deer. So far oncoming traffic has not been bothered by the fact that I raised the light setting. At least they are not flashing their lights at me.
    I've tried automotive bulbs in other bikes over the years and there are bulbs that are better than the stock bulbs. I have never found one that works as well as these Lamonster H-4 LED's. I tried HID lights on my last bike and the were bright but they caused radio
    interference and cost more than the $109.95.
    Lamonster has a great video showing the installation. Removing the side panels may take a little longer but it makes getting to the bulbs much easier.
    I normally don't put my two cents in but it is 4 am and I could not sleep so I did add my two cents for what it is worth,
    What ever you decide any bulb upgrade will be better than the stock bulbs.
    Rire safe - It's all about the ride.