Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MR. H1956 View Post
    Having a bike that leans is nice. But if I want to lean I'll go back to a 2 wheeler so I can race the crouch rockets thru the twisties on the Tail Of The Dragon Ride Safe.Ride Often My Friends love my
    Has anyone ever rode a Spyder on the road to Hana on Maui?
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Looks like she has a little poke and is going slightly faster than a Spyder but others can argue that out

https://www.facebook.com/TDAYRIDERS/...59539969/?t=28

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1966 View Post
    I've loved the Spyder since I saw one driving down the road and had no idea what it was. That. . . thing, though, it looks cobbled together from street bike and scooter parts that were fed steroids.
    Whether one likes the appearance or not is a subjective thing. However something that is not subjective is reliability and performance. The Yamaha Niken is based on the FJ-09 (for 2019 it is called the Tracer 900), one of Yamaha's best machines and one that will run rings around a Spyder and one that a person can take across the country without a worry in the world as to whether the Yamaha will make it or not.

Spyder Garage

Default and mine

My vote too.
    Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper View Post
    Spyder still wins my vote

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    Have you seen the new Vanderhall 3 wheeler? Front wheel drive, turbo 4 cylinder @ 179 HP and a automatic.
    Built in Utah and nice looking and one heck of a dash panel. +/- $30.000.00 and I want one.

Dray
    The Vanderhall is pretty neat but like the Slingshot, it sits too low and IMHO would be dangerous in traffic - too low for these 4x4 pickups to even see. By comparison, the Spyder sits up high enough that I'm at eye level with them or nearly so. If not for that reason, I'd love to have a Morgan 3-wheeler because there is nothing more cool or pretty than one of those. But just too low and too dangerous.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

I looked at the Spyder for 10 years before buying mine this month. I think one of the reasons I waited is the fact that it doesn't lean and in my mind wasn't really a motorcycle. Now that I have one I really wonder why in the world would I want my Spyder to lean. It is amazing as it is and if it leaned it wouldn't be a Spyder.

I think a characteristic of the Spyder is its wide front wheels' track and it they were made to lean they would have to shorten it. That said, I find myself leaning in curves and turns when I want to take them aggressively. Maybe the idea would be to keep the fixed front wheels but somehow make a leaning cockpit not unlike some of the rides at the amusement parks.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SXSMachine View Post
    Looks like she has a little poke and is going slightly faster than a Spyder but others can argue that out

https://www.facebook.com/TDAYRIDERS/...59539969/?t=28
    One of the reasons I hate Facebook. So often, like now, the link takes you to the mud hole where the gem is hidden, not to the gem itself!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Two front wheels increases contact patch area.

Hello Spyder Riders,

I watched a video interview of a Yamaha rep talking about the positive attributes of the Yamaha Niken. These reason the bike was created was to increase the front end tire contact patch area. "By using 2 front wheels the contact patch area is doubled, increasing the grip by 80%." That is a quote from the video. Why an increase of only 80 percent is a mystery to me. He said they created the bike for the riders that have lost confidence in their riding skills. He went on to elaborate about the fact that braking in a turn is responsible for many accidents since turning and braking together often leads to a disaster.
    Last edited by Leland; 06-03-2018 at 11:56 AM.