Spyder Garage

Default Shipping a spyder

I bought a can am spyder in Texas and need it shipped to new York. Anyone know of any good shipping companys. I have it listed on uship but no takers yet

Spyder Garage

try a search here for shipping
    many, many suggestions will be found

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jay13433 View Post
    I bought a can am spyder in Texas and need it shipped to new York. Anyone know of any good shipping companys. I have it listed on uship but no takers yet
    I had much the same experience. Either got shady offers or exorbitant prices. Ended up renting a drop-ramp trailer and going and getting it myself.

Spyder Garage

Hi Jay,

Re: Shipping a spyder

Four years ago I used: http://haulbikes.com/

I was very satisfied.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Los Angeles area to Beaverton, Oregon
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default transporting bike.

Used UShip and was not pleased with service. Shippers/transporters are contract workers and carry own insurance. Had problem with transporter as he missed two shipping dates getting bike from Seattle to LA to ship to Hawaii. There was a period (two days) when I did not receive any contact from transporter and did not know status or where bike was. Called UShip and they were not helpful other than to direct me to call transporter before filing a claim. Bike was sitting in Portland for a week before continuing to LA. Long story short, missed deadlines and bike was delayed for a month. Transporter ended up subcontracting with another driver to deliver bike to dock at his own expense.

No support from UShip. Won't use them again as it would have been cheaper to ride bike myself and be sure that bike would arrive on time.

Would be advisable to contact UShip to determine liability and insurance coverage in case bike is "lost".

Spyder Garage

I used G-MEN TRANSPORT SERVICES out of Harker Heights, Texas to ship my Spyder when I purchased it long distance. And, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Door to driveway via an enclosed trailer. They have a 5 star rating on the internet.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I second JerryB's suggestion. I used Haulbikes.com in December 2013 to haul an RT I bought in Wisconsin to Idaho. Hauling motorcycles, ATV's, and watercraft on trailers is what they do. They are contract haulers for Harley trikes. You will have to work within their trucking schedule so you most likely will have to wait up to a month for delivery.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hi Idaho,

Re: you most likely will have to wait up to a month for delivery.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. My Spyder went from LA to Milwaukie, WI to Beaverton, OR - took about 5 weeks.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder shipping

I am a AMA member and they have an advertisement in the mag every month with a motorcycle shipper. They are Motorcycle Shippers phone 800-730-3151. Hope this helps, good luck. Website, motorcycleshippers.com
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I also second the AMA membership for discounted shipping. I have also Haulbikes.com to transport a bike (1996 Vulcan Classic)from Los Angeles to Ut and they were great.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jay13433 View Post
    We might be able to do it, you can try calling 630-529-5200 and ask for Youthera and explain the situation. My only concern would be what you are wanting for a timeframe. But it doesn't hurt to ask him and see if we can.
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iMotorsports View Post
    We might be able to do it, you can try calling 630-529-5200 and ask for Youthera and explain the situation. My only concern would be what you are wanting for a timeframe. But it doesn't hurt to ask him and see if we can.
    Im no hurry. We still have snow no plus i leaving for vacation Thursday till the end if the month
    Last edited by Jay13433; 04-09-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Haulbikes

4 or 5 weeks is a reasonable time frame uship isn't a trucking company it is only an internet service for trucking companies to call and find work if they have leftover space on a trailer look for a real bike hauler anybody that has enough spare time to call you on the phone is probably not a trucking company. If you book your move with a Broker they will only relist it on a professional autotransport website known as central dispatch and shave off a $200 fee just for typing your info. Then you get a phone call from a real autotransporter but then you will need to explain that its a three wheel spyder not a spyder car the broker doesn't care that you have been on the phone for 30 minuets explaining to an auto transporter that its not a car. They don't care they already got a $200 credit card payment from you. They won you lost. Then you get somebody on the phone that will tell you anything just to get the money and some random auto transporter shows up with a pickup truck and a three place auto transport trailer he tells you I will put it on sideways (don't forget he speaks little English) you say that's not what my ##$$&& (random broker) told me on the phone The front end of a spyder is lower and easily scraped a bike hauler with a lift gate on the back of the trailer eliminates the need for ramps. So did I mention using a professional bike transporter such as haulbikes out of millwaukee. I could go on for another half hour if you like?
    2018 F3s , Gold