Thread: Audio cable

Spyder Garage

Default Audio cable

I have a 2013 Spyder RT S. Is there an audio cable available aftermarket to fit the plug in the trunk. I want to get a blue tooth adapter so I can play music through my speakers on the bike. It’s an option from Can Am but I think it is about $80.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Waynebang i View Post
    I have a 2013 Spyder RT S. Is there an audio cable available aftermarket to fit the plug in the trunk. I want to get a blue tooth adapter so I can play music through my speakers on the bike. It’s an option from Can Am but I think it is about $80.
    Lamonster has a Bluetooth adapter that works very well. It plugs into the existing wire in the trunk.
    Wayne Bishop

2015 RT-S Special Series
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you looking for the cable that plugs into the 7-pin DIN connector? Or, are you looking for a Bluetooth receiver that will work with that cable?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Audio cable

2015 Spyder RT-S Special Edition. Two Brothers Racing exhaust.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I think he is looking for a BT receiver that plugs into the 7-pin connector, but I could be wrong. He / she doesn't seem to have waited around for a response.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Are you looking for the cable that plugs into the 7-pin DIN connector? Or, are you looking for a Bluetooth receiver that will work with that cable?
    I’m looking for the 7 Pin plug with the wire, Lamonster sells the Bluetooth adapter but not the wire for it. that is an optional Item from CanAm which I don’t have

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m looking for the 7 Pin plug with the wire, Lamonster sells the Bluetooth adapter but not the wire for it. that is an optional Item from CanAm which I don’t have
    Well then there are two cables. One is with the MP3 connector. The other is with the iPhone connector. Which one do you need?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If you buy the BT adapter from Motorcycle Dave also a sponsor here you will get the cable included. But that wire ONLY connects the BT to the entertainment center and BTs it up to your helmet. The 7 pin wire you are looking for ONLY takes the music from your Ipod or mp3 player(depending on wire) to the entertainment center. You will still need the Bluetooth adapter and its attendant wires to take the music to your helmet.Wire takes the music from the module to the bluetooth adapter to bluetooth helmet headset. If you only care about the speakers then all you need is the Ipod or mp3 player wire, and they should have come with your RT
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 01-03-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Also you do not need any bluetooth adapter just to go to the speakers.You only need that to go to a bluetooth headset.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Spyder Garage

I found the cable needed on eBay for 22.46, 7 pin plug on one end and a 3.5 mm plug on the other. it will plug into the bike and then I can plug the Bluetooth adapter in. thank everybody for your help

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    If you buy the BT adapter from Motorcycle Dave also a sponsor here you will get the cable included. But that wire ONLY connects the BT to the entertainment center and BTs it up to your helmet. The 7 pin wire you are looking for ONLY takes the music from your Ipod or mp3 player(depending on wire) to the entertainment center. You will still need the Bluetooth adapter and its attendant wires to take the music to your helmet.Wire takes the music from the module to the bluetooth adapter to bluetooth helmet headset. If you only care about the speakers then all you need is the Ipod or mp3 player wire, and they should have come with your RT
    I only want to Bluetooth to my phone so I can play the music form it through the speakers. I bought the bike used and the cable was not with it.

Spyder Garage

Note: There are 2 cables available for the RTS.

1) The 3.5mm plug is for Android or basic MP3 players. Downside is you do not get full control of the player. You can only advance back or forward a song with the handlebar controls.

2) The iPhone/iPod 36 pin plug. This is for Apple only. Apple products have an advanced control protocol no others have. It allows full control of the device. Playlists, artist, title, etc etc...

If you want full capability which is real nice, I recommend getting an older Apple iPod like the iPod touch 4th gen and leave it dedicated in the trunk. You can get a 4th gen 32GB for less than $50 if you shop around on Ebay.

This video shows you the capabilities of having an iPod.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Note: There are 2 cables available for the RTS.

1) The 3.5mm plug is for Android or basic MP3 players. Downside is you do not get full control of the player. You can only advance back or forward a song with the handlebar controls.

2) The iPhone/iPod 36 pin plug. This is for Apple only. Apple products have an advanced control protocol no others have. It allows full control of the device. Playlists, artist, title, etc etc...

If you want full capability which is real nice, I recommend getting an older Apple iPod like the iPod touch 4th gen and leave it dedicated in the trunk. You can get a 4th gen 32GB for less than $50 if you shop around on Ebay.

This video shows you the capabilities of having an iPod.

Bob
    Great explanation. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Some other info on the iPod cables for different years along with some tips!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I only want to Bluetooth to my phone so I can play the music form it through the speakers. I bought the bike used and the cable was not with it.
    OK so I am not understanding something here. In order to put your phone music thru to the speakers you only need the 7 pin wire,no Bluetooth involved. As Finless stated the ipod #4 dedicated to your spyder is your best bet and relatively cheap off ebay. But again,if you are going thru the speakers you don't need Bluetooth only the 7 pin wire wire either the 3.5 pin on the other end or the 30 pin ipod plug.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    OK so I am not understanding something here. In order to put your phone music thru to the speakers you only need the 7 pin wire,no Bluetooth involved. As Finless stated the ipod #4 dedicated to your spyder is your best bet and relatively cheap off ebay. But again,if you are going thru the speakers you don't need Bluetooth only the 7 pin wire wire either the 3.5 pin on the other end or the 30 pin ipod plug.
    What he wants to do is what I do. I have an Android phone mounted up front where I can reach it that I play Pandora on occasionally. I also have a BT receiver that connects into the plug in the trunk. I play Pandora on the phone connected by BT to the BT receiver in the trunk, which then of course plays through the bike audio system. In my case I use a wired headset, not BT headset. I also use a BT receiver to feed the audio from my tablet, which I use as a GPS, into the GPS audio input of the bike radio. I'll admit that sometimes BT works better than wired. The wire plug into my tablet was going wonky from vibration so transmitting from my tablet to a BT receiver alleviates plug connection problems.

BT adapters come in three flavors, receive only, transmit only, and receive/transmit.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I Have that part in stock

I have it in stock Part # SC-A0123 for less

I found the cable needed on eBay for 22.46, 7 pin plug on one end and a 3.5 mm plug on the other. it will plug into the bike and then I can plug the Bluetooth adapter in. thank everybody for your help