Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JAS POWER View Post
    A pedal tricycle might be better for the believers (Complainers) so they can be doing their part in stopping global warming
    I read one time where a guy showed there was less total impact on the environment by driving an old fashioned Buick over that of riding a bicycle for a distance of something like 20 or 30 miles. That included the environmental impact of producing the food to provide the energy the bicyclist needed to make the ride.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

In Vermont we are having a heat wave,, temps in the 40's, we are out of the deep freeze! WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Corporations do pay tax...
    That's one opinion. Here's another: kep-up is correct.

Corporations do not pay tax. They collect tax, and forward it to the government. Because...

...only PEOPLE pay tax. Living, breathing, sentient human beings pay ALL the taxes. The "corporate" tax is only a clever way of hiding from you and me, the total tax we pay for all the stuff we buy.

The rest of your post was a strained dodge, one that helps to cover the deceit. Corporate tax is only collected on PROFITS, right? No profit, no tax, right?

So a profit, by definition, means all the corporation's costs were covered by the selling price. And the tax they must forward to the government is one of those costs. So who paid the price that covered all the costs? Guess...

And even if those "taxes" are somehow passed to the stockholders, as you say, then just who are those stockholders? Aren't they just people too?

Oh well, not being a tax accountant, I could be wrong... I've been known to be wrong before!

But I still agree with kep-up.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm going to ask Raquel Welch for a date.
    I might have a chance since Hell finally froze over.
    LOL! LOL! Are you sure you want that date? How old are you, anyhow?

Raquel Welch is now 77 years old!

LOL!

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post

Corporations do not pay tax. They collect tax, and forward it to the government. Because...only PEOPLE pay tax. Living, breathing, sentient human beings pay ALL the taxes. The "corporate" tax is only a clever way of hiding from you and me, the total tax we pay for all the stuff we buy.

Corporate tax is only collected on PROFITS, right? No profit, no tax, right?

So a profit, by definition, means all the corporation's costs were covered by the selling price. And the tax they must forward to the government is one of those costs. So who paid the price that covered all the costs? Guess...

And even if those "taxes" are somehow passed to the stockholders, as you say, then just who are those stockholders? Aren't they just people too?
    Geez, to think I went to college for 4 years in accounting and became a CPA for nothing. Who knew finance and taxes were so simple?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

LOL! LOL! Are you sure you want that date? How old are you, anyhow?

Raquel Welch is now 77 years old!

LOL!

raquel-welch-recent-today-150902-01_3011b24f4901ded0408b3ff182512422.today-inline-large.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Corporations do pay tax, the only question is to whom those costs are passed. When you say, "ALL costs of doing business are passed on to the consumer all the time," that's not necessarily true. You are disregarding the laws of supply and demand. Yes, if you have a product in high demand, you can get by with raising your prices and indeed, consumers will bear the cost. However, if too many costs get passed on, demand is reduced as consumers rebel. At some point consumers may simply choose to do without the corporation's product or else find an alternative. At that point, the corporation cannot pass the taxes on to consumers and therefore the taxes will actually be passed on to the corporation's shareholders in the form of reduced profits and dividends. If all costs of doing business could always be passed on to consumers, nobody would ever go out of business.
    Corporations do NOT pay taxes out of their own pocket. Taxes are paid from any earnings the corporations make. The corporation's customers pay those taxes as part of the price they pay for the corporation's products.

Spyder Garage

Hi missouri,

Re: Raquel Welch is now 77 years old!

She is only 13 days older than me; I definitely would date her.

Would that make her a cougar?

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Geez, to think I went to college for 4 years in accounting and became a CPA for nothing. Who knew finance and taxes were so simple?
    Of course finance and taxes are simple and easy. That's why you can do the full long form 1040 in about 60 seconds, that's why the tax code is only 20 pages long, that's why the mortgage on your house is only half a page long, that's why the federal government can afford to cut taxes, spend more and still balance the budget, and if medical insurance costs more, it's 110% because of O b a m a care and has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that doctors, hospitals and Big Pharma continue to raise prices. There's nothing complicated about any of this. There are no nuances, no gray areas, no fine print, no consequences. Everything's simple and easy. No need to think. Our leaders will know exactly what to do and will tell us who to blame when things don't work out like they said. Just do as you are told. Get with the program, Pete. MAGA.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi missouri,

Re: Raquel Welch is now 77 years old!

She is only 13 days older than me; I definitely would date her.

Would that make her a cougar?

Jerry Baumchen
    Well, I guess I'd take that date too, since she's 352 days younger than me! LOL!

(That is, if missourigirl doesn't object. )

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Corporations do not pay tax. They collect tax, and forward it to the government. Because...

...only PEOPLE pay tax. Living, breathing, sentient human beings pay ALL the taxes. The "corporate" tax is only a clever way of hiding from you and me, the total tax we pay for all the stuff we buy.

The rest of your post was a strained dodge, one that helps to cover the deceit. Corporate tax is only collected on PROFITS, right? No profit, no tax, right?

Oh well, not being a tax accountant, I could be wrong... I've been known to be wrong before!

But I still agree with kep-up.
    Thank you.

The small business I own and operate does not pay any taxes. It simply handles the money that is collected from my clients in the form of fees for services. These fees paid by the client include the operating costs, a small bit of money for me and any taxes that will be owed to the various gov't agencies. Therefore, the business does not pay the taxes, the client in a roundabout way pays the taxes. Oh, by the way, I also add a wee bit to cover the time and expense of handling the taxes. I however, am required to pay income taxes on the small amount I pay myself each month.

I am not a CPA, but I thought that's how it is supposed to work?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Then please do your part, and stop producing CO2.
    At some point that might be NECESSARY.
    I'm hoping that other solutions can be implemented so that is not necessary.......but I'm not optimistic.

On the tax thing.......just saw in the paper today a widely accepted economic analysis of tax decreases:
    Every dollar given to the rich is worth about 60 cents to the total economy. Every dollar given to the "poor" is worth about $1.60.

Those who believe the hype that trickle down works to benefit that overall economy are just buying into more BS from the same BS purveyors who convinced you that Trump would make a good President. Apparently you really can't fix stupidity.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 01-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    At some point that might be NECESSARY.
    I'm hoping that other solutions can be implemented so that is not necessary.......but I'm not optimistic.

On the tax thing.......just saw in the paper today a widely accepted economic analysis of tax decreases:
    Every dollar given to the rich is worth about 60 cents to the total economy. Every dollar given to the "poor" is worth about $1.60.

Those who believe the hype that trickle down works to benefit that overall economy are just buying into more BS from the same BS purveyors who convinced you that Trump would make a good President. Apparently you really can't fix stupidity.
    You are showing your politics, my friend. This topic needs to get back on subject.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    On the tax thing.......just saw in the paper today a widely accepted economic analysis of tax decreases: Every dollar given to the rich is worth about 60 cents to the total economy. Every dollar given to the "poor" is worth about $1.60.

That's because of another established economics concept called 'velocity of money'. With the rich, velocity is low because that dollar will go into static investments. With the poor, the same dollar will exchange hands many times because it will be spent in the economy on consumption.

Trickle down economics is a scam pure and simple. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who is right.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default business taxes

I Know that people who own small businesses get breaks that the hired help don't. The boss buys a new vehicle for the business and gets a deprecation write off the employee buys a car to get to work and has a car payment no write off. all expenses for repair and maintenance for the company vehicle are an expense and are a write off, the working person looses an engine or a transmission, to bad, gas and oil at his expense also, no write off. I'm not saying you should not have these deductions but many business owners also use that vehicle to get back and forth to work and they get to expense that also, I can't expense my transportation. I know that this is probably an over simplification but it is a break that workers don't get.

Spyder Garage

That's because of another established economics concept called 'velocity of money'. With the rich, velocity is low because that dollar will go into static investments. With the poor, the same dollar will exchange hands many times because it will be spent in the economy on consumption.

Trickle down economics is a scam pure and simple. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who is right.

Spyder Garage

Is this a humble brag post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rustynail51 View Post
    I Know that people who own small businesses get breaks that the hired help don't. The boss buys a new vehicle for the business and gets a deprecation write off the employee buys a car to get to work and has a car payment no write off. all expenses for repair and maintenance for the company vehicle are an expense and are a write off, the working person looses an engine or a transmission, to bad, gas and oil at his expense also, no write off. I'm not saying you should not have these deductions but many business owners also use that vehicle to get back and forth to work and they get to expense that also, I can't expense my transportation. I know that this is probably an over simplification but it is a break that workers don't get.
    There have been many, many tax breaks for business owners written into the law over the decades, that's true.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rustynail51 View Post
    The business owners have taken the risks: they SHOULD reap the rewards.
    If you disagree: take your life savings, and go start a business; then fell free to come back and tell us what you think.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The business owners have taken the risks: they SHOULD reap the rewards.
    If you disagree: take your life savings, and go start a business; then fell free to come back and tell us what you think.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default 'Say it ain't so, Joe!'

Corporations do not pay taxes. They do not pay wages to their employees, they do not pay their suppliers or outside contractors, and they do not pay their shippers either (there is no such thing as 'Free Shipping'). Corporations, and business in general, simply collect funds from the customer (where else are they going to get it?), and distribute these funds to the various entities as required. Taxes are simply another expense which has to be accounted for and passed on to the customer.

Yes, it is true that corporations APPEAR to pay all of these. But in the case of taxes, it's just a paper shuffle (and a very expensive one at that).

Think about it. Where you work, who pays your wages? Your employer hands you the money. But where did they get it? Unless your company has a money printing machine in the back room (like the government does), that money came from the customer. All of it.

This fiction that corporations pay taxes is promoted by many at the revenue receiving end because it hides the true tax rate that we are all paying.

Take gasoline, for example. We all know that BIG OIL spends every waking moment trying to figure out new ways to gouge the customer. And yet the average profit on a gallon of gasoline is about $0.04! While the government receives about 10 times this amount for each gallon just in additional taxes (not including sales tax).

Yep! There is only 1 revenue source. And that source pays for every expense including ALL taxes 'paid' by Exxon, Mobil, whatever. When you add it all up, we really do not know what a gallon of gasoline actually costs. And that's the way government likes it.

If you really want a headache, consider this. Every company or entity involved in the production of our fuel 'pays' tax. From the seed producer to the farmer to the equipment manufacturing company to the transport providers. All passing their individual tax burden on to the next 'buyer' in the product chain. This is tax upon tax which all ends up being paid by the end user. That is you and me.

Just like every other expense, business tries to reduce the tax burden to remain competitive while still turning a profit.

If a business needs a 10% profit margin to remain viable, they set the price of their product to whatever it needs to be to end up with 10% free and clear after ALL expenses are paid (including taxes). Who pays this additional amount to cover the tax expense? The customer, of course. If the company charges too much, then they go out of business. But the same thing will happen if they don't or can't charge enough and end up with too little profit, or no profit at all.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-10-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

<snip>
    Yup, I like this statement, and agree with it.

I snipped that last line because it's political opinion, so I'll stay neutral on that, but endorse the first part. Thanks for posting!

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

In an earlier post on this thread I mentioned that there is significant push-back that "the consensus is settled" due to manipulation of data in many of the studies regarding climate change: FWIW, here's one recent update:

"Report: 485 Scientific Papers Published in 2017 Undermine Supposed 'Consensus' on Climate Change"

A broad survey of climate change literature for 2017 reveals that the alleged “consensus” behind the dangers of anthropogenic global warming is not nearly as settled among climate scientists as people imagine.

Author Kenneth Richard found that during the course of the year 2017, at least 485 scientific papers were published that in some way questioned the supposed consensus regarding the perils of human CO2 emissions or the efficacy of climate models to predict the future.

According to Richard’s analysis, the 485 new papers underscore the “significant limitations and uncertainties inherent in our understanding of climate and climate changes,” which in turn suggests that climate science is not nearly as settled as media reports and some policymakers would have people believe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

STEALING from other peoples fortune, and good luck is never a good thing!

Hard work, determination, and the will to exceed will get you farther every time, not complaining about what other people have!
    And now YOUR political leanings are showing.

Taking more taxes from those who benefit most from the "system" and make gobs of money is NOT stealing.

And more often than you seem to think, hard work, determination and the will to "exceed" (sic) gets you pretty much NOTHING.