Spyder Garage

Default Tricled horn install question

Hi... happy New Year, trying to install my new tricled airhorn and the directions are leaving me a tad frustrated. Pretty clear cut install but it just won’t fit. It hits the radiator hose and tie rods if it is bolted up to the original bracket as directed. Any firsthand info out there?
    ill call the company tomorrow, just figured I’d ask and try to get this buttoned up.

Spyder Garage

Default Scares Peasants.........Immmm pedesrians

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater View Post
    Hi... happy New Year, trying to install my new tricled airhorn and the directions are leaving me a tad frustrated. Pretty clear cut install but it just won’t fit. It hits the radiator hose and tie rods if it is bolted up to the original bracket as directed. Any firsthand info out there?
    ill call the company tomorrow, just figured I’d ask and try to get this buttoned up.
    First of, sorry no pictures. (5 degrees F out side) I had the same with my 2016 F3L. I use the oval bracket off of the old horn, pointed up at a 45 degree angle (up and to the back) and mounted the horn parallel to the front axel line. I needed to drill out one of the holes in the oval bracket for the bolt. And mount the horn relay the right way up or it fills with water.

Spyder Garage

Pocotoro.... thank u, u mean the flat silver bracket that’s attached to the old horn? You removed the black bracket from bike frame and didn’t use that one at all? Where did u bolt the silver bracket to on the bike?

Spyder Garage

Pocotoro.... thank u, u mean the flat silver bracket that’s attached to the old horn? You removed the black bracket from bike frame and didn’t use that one at all? Where did u bolt the silver bracket to on the bike?
    "
    Let me clear up my directions. Leave the black "L" bracket in place. (you may need to remove it for assembly) The silver bracket bolts to the top of the black "L" bracket and tilts up and to the back. then the end of the horn bolts to the sliver bracket. (drilled out hole)

The leaves are optional
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Thank u!

Thank you!!
    I will try that as soon as I can get outta work! Thanks again for the time and effort

Spyder Garage

Not sure what year F3 you have, but I just went through this with them as well.
    If you have a 2017 F3L, then you may not be able to install as per instructions!
    I went back and forth with them several times that my bracket does not look like the pictures on the installation sheet, and finally sent them a video to prove impossible. They have agreed that the mounting bracket has changed, and it is not possible to connect per their instruction sheet.

So you have a choice here:
    1. making your own offset bracket (which I did successfully - but now I cant get the guard cover in place without cutting it)
    2. They are talking about manufacturing a new mounting bracket to supply
    3. mounting it in a different location, which means a new harness for them to supply

They said they are expecting to have a 2017 F3L in their shop on 1/20 weekend to see what they can do to fix the situation.
    2017 F3T Limited; Can-Am Driver Backrest, Can-Am Tall Boy Windshield, Can-Am Passenger Armrests, Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMT, brake rod extension, Super loud 131 DB air horn
    2012 RTS Limited; Custom Corbin seat Bomber Jacket Brown w/Dual Butt Heater, Gas Door, Driver Backrest, Web Boards, Bad Boy Air Horn, Baja Ron Sway Bar, Spyder Brake Pad, Right Vent Heat Block, Cargo nets, Drink holders

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PocoToro View Post
    First of, sorry no pictures. (5 degrees F out side) I had the same with my 2016 F3L. I use the oval bracket off of the old horn, pointed up at a 45 degree angle (up and to the back) and mounted the horn parallel to the front axel line. I needed to drill out one of the holes in the oval bracket for the bolt. And mount the horn relay the right way up or it fills with water.
    You mean a motorcycle vendor supplied a relay for a motorcycle which is NOT WATERPROOF? That's nutz!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey