Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Question 2015 F3 clutch vacuum assist

Hi all,
    Does anyone have a copy of the Can Am memo that has instructions for installing a vacuum assist on the F3? If I could get a copy, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    John Mc

Go toward the end for instructions on this installation.
    Last edited by JohnMc; 04-17-2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Found out how to do it!

Spyder Garage

Default Vacuum assist

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
    Hi all,
    Does anyone have a copy of the Can Am memo that has instructions for installing a vacuum assist on the F3? If I could get a copy, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    John Mc
    Here you go: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1249563

Another option is - ask your dealer to replace your clutch with the one from RT. My dealer said it's a $200 job that makes the F3's clutch a lot lighter.
    Last edited by Don'tPanic; 12-29-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tPanic View Post
    Here you go: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1249563

Another option is - ask your dealer to replace your clutch with the one from RT. My dealer said it's a $200 job that makes the F3's clutch a lot lighter.
    That's interesting, I loved the clutch on the RT. My F3T is a bit harder to pull
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    That's interesting, I loved the clutch on the RT. My F3T is a bit harder to pull
    Even with the vacuum assist (under warranty thanks to my dealer sending memo's) on my 2015 its still only about 70% as Easy as my 2012 RT was -and that (As you indicate) was a Joy to shift.

I would pay to get that clutch improvement on the F3 instead of vacuum assist??
    Anyone know any more about this?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Wow,
    The RT clutch option is very interesting. I had never hear of that. As to the parts listing for the vacuum assist, I had that. I am looking for installation instructions. Anyone have more information on the RT clutch?

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb RT clutch on F3

You can contact my dealer (absolutely amazing folks) about the F3 clutch replacement: https://smithmarineusa.com

I'm not affiliated with them in any way other than I bought my ryde there and I was impressed by their service and prices. It's one of the oldest BRP dealers in the country, and they are a family business that actually care about their customers.
    When I mentioned to them how hard the clutch pull is on F3, they said that for about $200 they can replace it with the one from RT to make it feather-light. I don't know the exact procedure, but you can call them for more details.