Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Woo Hoo New LED Headlights

I received a set of Lamonster's LED headlights for Christmas.

Mechanically I'm marginal but have been into the Spyder deep enough to install the Longhorn run/turn lights which involves getting to the headlight connections. Any words of wisdom from those that have done the install? I've watched the video.
    Old Crow

1960 Vespa 150
    1965 Bridgestone 175
    2003 Kawasaki 1600 Classic
    2010 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad
    2013 Spyder RT-S (Current ride)

Spyder Garage

LED's are an improvement over OEM for sure. There are a couple brands out there that are great. You have one of them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LED VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post

Mechanically I'm marginal but have been into the Spyder deep enough to install the Longhorn run/turn lights which involves getting to the headlight connections. Any words of wisdom from those that have done the install? I've watched the video.
    He did TWO video's , I hope you watched both .... I've a few LED headlite conversions and you will need an 8 or 10 inch extension for your ratchet to get the upper bolts out .... they are really deep into the cavity ..... Mike .............PS the headlites are esy - if you also plan to do the FOG lights be forewarned the left side is a B*tch & 1/2 ......good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get over your very normal fear / reluctance to cut into the plastic. You and your Spyder will be just fine!

Learn Aussie .....
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-26-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yeah. Be VERY nice to whoever gave you those for Christmas! They're a keeper and so are the lights!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You must have been VERY good this year:
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I also got both sets during Black Friday from Tricled. I got the headlights in OK; took me 3 hours and cost me two deep cuts and a busted thumb. Don't ask.

I looked at the video on Youtube for installing the fog lights ( ). Looking at the fenders of the bike on the video, it appears to be a 2013 or earlier RT. My 2014 apparently has some more hidden fasteners; it doesn't open up as easily as on the video. As I was running out of daylight and it was getting chillier, I decided to wait for another day.

Spyder Garage

Default Led's

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    I also got both sets during Black Friday from Tricled. I got the headlights in OK; took me 3 hours and cost me two deep cuts and a busted thumb. Don't ask.

I looked at the video on Youtube for installing the fog lights ( ). Looking at the fenders of the bike on the video, it appears to be a 2013 or earlier RT. My 2014 apparently has some more hidden fasteners; it doesn't open up as easily as on the video. As I was running out of daylight and it was getting chillier, I decided to wait for another day.

I had Led's put on in Maggie Valley this fall. Someone told me one light now is not working. When I checked the one was on but the lid for brights was not working. Any ideas on what is wrong.

Spyder Garage

The shutter is probably blocked, will need to reinstall 😩

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joekeys View Post
    I had Led's put on in Maggie Valley this fall. Someone told me one light now is not working. When I checked the one was on but the lid for brights was not working. Any ideas on what is wrong.
    I would start by checking the connections at the headlight and make sure the LED is seated correctly