Spyder Garage

Default Newbie confused about what kind of hard saddlebags& brackets to get and from where?

I’ve read through the posts here and see Corbin and Givi brands mentioned. Corbin is a reputable brand for custom work, but how about budget friendly in basic black on my yellow bike? And I saw in one thread that the Givi didn’t come with brackets. What?? What’s a gal to do? I did see on eBay a set of “Mutazu Lg Detachable Universal Hard Saddlebags w Mounting Brackets” for RS ST at $299. What about that?
    I’m so confused! Please advise!

Missprissblvd on Buttercup
    2013 STS-SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see...

Here of late I have seen good reviews and results with the "Shad" bags. You might give them a look....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Here of late I have seen good reviews and results with the "Shad" bags. You might give them a look....
    What Chupaca said. Shad makes very good products and, in my opinion, rival Givi hard bags.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not sure there is a mount available for the Shad bags for the RS or ST? There is for the F3 but I have not seen one for the RS or ST.

Depending on how much storage you need.

You could go this route. You would have to add the backrest to use this
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYD...5Z-dO6&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-New-...BaOpYE&vxp=mtr

Or you could do this
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-SPYD...FV71Op&vxp=mtr

You could do this but its highly over priced
    https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/a...ebag-kit0.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah I still don't comprehend the BRP Can/Am markup for their stuff; it's as bad as the Harley markup. Anyway, I found a Givi V35 compatible rack for our GS. Look for PLX770 racks on eBay or elsewhere. They're discontinued so used or new old stock is the only source.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HARD BAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Missprissblvd View Post
    I’ve read through the posts here and see Corbin and Givi brands mentioned. Corbin is a reputable brand for custom work, but how about budget friendly in basic black on my yellow bike? And I saw in one thread that the Givi didn’t come with brackets. What?? What’s a gal to do? I did see on eBay a set of “Mutazu Lg Detachable Universal Hard Saddlebags w Mounting Brackets” for RS ST at $299. What about that?
    I’m so confused! Please advise!

Missprissblvd on Buttercup
    2013 STS-SE5
    I have the Mutaza bags you mentioned Von Baden has some excellent pics of His ( with the upper panel painted - I painted mine Cognac ) He also welded up some additions to the Mounting Brackets that come with them ..... Warlock (?) had a minor issue with the release latch , but He fixed that ...... I plan to add a welded nut onto the Mounting brackets so each bag could be Bolted to the Bracket from inside the bag .....NOT GOING TO EVER FALL OFF .........PS sorry I don't have links to any of the above ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have the Mutaza bags you mentioned Von Baden has some excellent pics of His ( with the upper panel painted - I painted mine Cognac ) He also welded up some additions to the Mounting Brackets that come with them ..... Warlock (?) had a minor issue with the release latch , but He fixed that ...... I plan to add a welded nut onto the Mounting brackets so each bag could be Bolted to the Bracket from inside the bag .....NOT GOING TO EVER FALL OFF .........PS sorry I don't have links to any of the above ........ Mike

Thanks for the info! After the input, I ordered the Mutaza bags! Yay!

Spyder Garage

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

Thanks! I ordered the Mutaza bags. Now hubby would like to communicate with someone who has done their own install. Got contact info?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Missprissblvd View Post
    Thanks! I ordered the Mutaza bags. Now hubby would like to communicate with someone who has done their own install. Got contact info?
    Late to the game, but I am also looking to add bags to my 2013 ST. Can you remember which style/model of Mutazu bag you went with? I'm eyeballing the RS style in black...thanks!
    2013 ST , Pure Magnesium Metallic