Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Dealer called. Bike is fixed. It required an new center cluster. Dealer said it had a bad gauge. No repair order yet since service manager was off this afternoon. Assume the fuel gauge since that was the level that was not reading on the analog or center cluster. Also said new cluster comes with ZERO miles on the odometer. Dealer says no paperwork needed in Florida since they are really lax on that stuff on bikes.
    2020 RTL Chrome Marsala Red

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_B View Post
    Dealer called. Bike is fixed. It required an new center cluster. Dealer said it had a bad gauge. No repair order yet since service manager was off this afternoon. Assume the fuel gauge since that was the level that was not reading on the analog or center cluster. Also said new cluster comes with ZERO miles on the odometer. Dealer says no paperwork needed in Florida since they are really lax on that stuff on bikes.
    If you have the air ride rear suspension - and I can't remember if the RTS came that way standard - what dealers typically forget to do is to reactivate that in BUDs and perform the Suspension Position Sensor calibration. That's because the gauge cluster is the module that controls the rear air suspension system. It not only has to be activated, but the new high and low limits have to be set in the module. If he used the manual for the job, it will specify this. If he just flew by the seat of his pants, then he'll forget.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 01-13-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    I you have the air ride rear suspension - and I can't remember if the RTS came that way standard - what dealers typically forget to do is to reactivate that in BUDs and perform the Suspension Position Sensor calibration. That's because the gauge cluster is the module that controls the rear air suspension system. It not only has to be activated, but the new high and low limits have to be set in the module. If he used the manual for the job, it will specify this. If he just flew by the seat of his pants, then he'll forget.
    OK, thanks. Will check with dlr.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_B View Post
    ... Also said new cluster comes with ZERO miles on the odometer. Dealer says no paperwork needed in Florida since they are really lax on that stuff on bikes.
    Were I you, before I'd take dealer's word for it I would veryify from FL DMV that I didn't have to certify the mileage of the vehicle on transfer of title attendant to a sale.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Were I you, before I'd take dealer's word for it I would veryify from FL DMV that I didn't have to certify the mileage of the vehicle on transfer of title attendant to a sale.
    Yes, I will have to state that the odometer is not the actual miles shown on the readout. My salesman was there and said since we sold it new and have repair and maintenance records it is no big deal and they have done many trade ins like this. Just add the current reading to the latest repair and now you know the miles to set a value when buying or selling.

Kinda stinks that the bike never went even 50 feet without the odo registering.