Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 30 of 30
  1. #26
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Parrish Florida
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Dealer called. Bike is fixed. It required an new center cluster. Dealer said it had a bad gauge. No repair order yet since service manager was off this afternoon. Assume the fuel gauge since that was the level that was not reading on the analog or center cluster. Also said new cluster comes with ZERO miles on the odometer. Dealer says no paperwork needed in Florida since they are really lax on that stuff on bikes.
    2014 RT-S SE6 Circuit Yellow

  2. #27
    Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chardon, OH
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_B View Post
    Dealer called. Bike is fixed. It required an new center cluster. Dealer said it had a bad gauge. No repair order yet since service manager was off this afternoon. Assume the fuel gauge since that was the level that was not reading on the analog or center cluster. Also said new cluster comes with ZERO miles on the odometer. Dealer says no paperwork needed in Florida since they are really lax on that stuff on bikes.
    If you have the air ride rear suspension - and I can't remember if the RTS came that way standard - what dealers typically forget to do is to reactivate that in BUDs and perform the Suspension Position Sensor calibration. That's because the gauge cluster is the module that controls the rear air suspension system. It not only has to be activated, but the new high and low limits have to be set in the module. If he used the manual for the job, it will specify this. If he just flew by the seat of his pants, then he'll forget.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 01-13-2018 at 10:18 PM.


    Doug

    2012 Spyder RT LTD Lava Bronze, RT 622

    Original Owner

    Seal Pups, F4 Customs SWCV, Corbin, JT's Air Filter, Cat Bypass, Power Commander V, NBV, SpyderFlap, Rivco Dual Flag Holder, Lidlox, Baja Ron Sway Bar, Baja Ron plugs and wires, Adjustable Chrome Side Vents, Spyderpops Block Off Plate and Belt Guard, Bump Skid, Canisterectomy, Akrapovic, TricLed HL/FL, Spyder Cuff with X-Grip, S-Drive, Rock Armour, Laser Alignment by Gray Ghost, Windshield Arm by Noboot.

  3. #28
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Parrish Florida
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    I you have the air ride rear suspension - and I can't remember if the RTS came that way standard - what dealers typically forget to do is to reactivate that in BUDs and perform the Suspension Position Sensor calibration. That's because the gauge cluster is the module that controls the rear air suspension system. It not only has to be activated, but the new high and low limits have to be set in the module. If he used the manual for the job, it will specify this. If he just flew by the seat of his pants, then he'll forget.
    OK, thanks. Will check with dlr.
    2014 RT-S SE6 Circuit Yellow

  4. #29
    Very Active Member JayBros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mint Hill, NC
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_B View Post
    ... Also said new cluster comes with ZERO miles on the odometer. Dealer says no paperwork needed in Florida since they are really lax on that stuff on bikes.
    Were I you, before I'd take dealer's word for it I would veryify from FL DMV that I didn't have to certify the mileage of the vehicle on transfer of title attendant to a sale.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    ******************************
    Cognac 2014 RT-S
    Tri-Axis Handlebars, Zumo 590 GPS, Kradellock, Comfort Seat,
    BajaRon Sway Bar & Heim Links, SM10 Bluetooth Dongle,
    Spyderpops Bump Skid, Missing Belt Guard, KOTT Grilles

  5. #30
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Parrish Florida
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Were I you, before I'd take dealer's word for it I would veryify from FL DMV that I didn't have to certify the mileage of the vehicle on transfer of title attendant to a sale.
    Yes, I will have to state that the odometer is not the actual miles shown on the readout. My salesman was there and said since we sold it new and have repair and maintenance records it is no big deal and they have done many trade ins like this. Just add the current reading to the latest repair and now you know the miles to set a value when buying or selling.

    Kinda stinks that the bike never went even 50 feet without the odo registering.
    2014 RT-S SE6 Circuit Yellow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •