Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mbenazeraf View Post
    Lower, below the mirror. Used different length spacers to make the bracket vertical (looks better that way). The wire will run through the grill behind it with a small male/female plug in case I need to remove for whatever reason.
    Yes, ensure easy removal and install in the finished product since those bolts and that bodypanel are frequently removed when working on the Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wingit3611 View Post
    Looks like the design just keeps getting adjusted. Hope you both show the final product
    See post #34 for mine. Is there a different view you'd like to see?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Pete (and anyone else mildly interested) I've taken one of your pics and added a nice Red line at where I want the mounting plate to come out, Sorry my 3D drawing skills are .... gone...
    But I think the plate could come out at this point, then flare out delta wing shaped with a mounting point for the light just far enough out to clear the deflector and shield.
    I do think a small relief trim will have to be done on the Fascia as it's such a fine gap there. Or maybe the plate could have a vertical support that would fit between the
    fascia and the mirror and use one of the fascia attachment points as well.
    Did you ever try out your idea?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

UtahPete, sorry I haven't, been otherwise tasked and not even getting much riding in. But I started a new job in the aircraft manufacturing industry and we have quite the fab shop, so am planning on asking the "shopsmiths" if they'd do it. Though I think your solution on the Upper Air Deflectors (maybe with some black powdercoating) is pretty smart and simple.
    Have you done some "With" and "Without" light pattern tests?
    Are you using Denali's TriOptic™ Multi-Beam Lens System or just the Driving light lens?
    Did you get their DataDim™ dimming controller or just using it on the high setting?
    I am getting closer to doing this and if for some reason I just don't end up liking it, two new upper air deflectors are only $60 US for me.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    UtahPete, sorry I haven't, been otherwise tasked and not even getting much riding in. But I started a new job in the aircraft manufacturing industry and we have quite the fab shop, so am planning on asking the "shopsmiths" if they'd do it. Though I think your solution on the Upper Air Deflectors (maybe with some black powdercoating) is pretty smart and simple.
    Have you done some "With" and "Without" light pattern tests?
    Are you using Denali's TriOptic™ Multi-Beam Lens System or just the Driving light lens?
    Did you get their DataDim™ dimming controller or just using it on the high setting?
    I am getting closer to doing this and if for some reason I just don't end up liking it, two new upper air deflectors are only $60 US for me.
    I've not done any real tests at night but in a parking lot shining the lights on a building wall the difference is startling.
    I did not go with their dimming controller; it's either on or off with the switch (but only works when the headlight circuit is powered because of a small solid state relay built into the harness)
    Nothing fancy about the lens, just the straightforward driving light (which I got at a savings because they were phasing out that model)
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

BigMo,
    Great idea for the folks that still have the lower air-deflectors (Below the mirrors), that part and one of those screw mounts are gone on any of the '13's or other years using the '13's Air inlet (heat mitigation) scoops.
    2013 Spyder Heat Mitigation Air Scoop SM.jpg
    That's why UP and I (and others are looking for over the mirror mount options, besides the extra height/light throw benefits.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I mounted my light directly on the clear wind deflector below the mirror. Solid, sturdy no problem at all. The light is wired with a small plug so I can remove panels without having to remove the light. The bike is at the shop for defective left cluster and will post a picture as soon as possible.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"