Spyder Garage

Default Question about Lamont's air pack....

I went to the garage yesterday wanting to pump all spyder tires to 35# for the winter. The first front tire was down to 12.5#, and I got it to 22.5 before the air pack shut down, and it was still set to 35. So, I took the pump in, and charged it. After getting the green lite, and leaving it on charge a little longer, I pulled the charger. This morning, I went out and completed the first tire from 22.5 to 35. The second front tire I got from 12.5 to 19 before the air pump shut off. The pump was still set to 35#. I now have the pump charging again. My question is is that typical?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Could the cold temperatures in your garage be affecting it?
    During the Summer, I was able to pump up all three tires (Although not to 35 psi...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That is not normal for mine.

My sister in law has a Monte Carlo SS that has been sitting for a while. One tire was completely flat and another only had 22 pounds of air. It took a few minutes but with a full charge, but I pumped up the flat to a full 32 pounds and the other to 30 before the power was exhausted.

Also, my wife was complaining about her tire indicator on the dash signaling her on her Buick.
    I took the battery powered unit out and filled all the tires to 32 pounds with good certified "WINTER" air. The lowest tire was at 27 pounds, all were less than 30.

Good Luck,
    Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Could the cold temperatures in your garage be affecting it?
    During the Summer, I was able to pump up all three tires (Although not to 35 psi...)
    I'm wondering about that. But, what pressure were your tires when you started? The temp is 23 degrees currently; I checked with Alexa. The garages are not connected to any apts; they are all by themselves, and not heated.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-18-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I went to the garage yesterday wanting to pump all spyder tires to 35# for the winter. The first front tire was down to 12.5#, and I got it to 22.5 before the air pack shut down, and it was still set to 35. So, I took the pump in, and charged it. After getting the green lite, and leaving it on charge a little longer, I pulled the charger. This morning, I went out and completed the first tire from 22.5 to 35. The second front tire I got from 12.5 to 19 before the air pump shut off. The pump was still set to 35#. I now have the pump charging again. My question is is that typical?
    If you contact us directly we will replace the pump. Could be a battery issue. It's not normal operation for sure.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you contact us directly we will replace the pump. Could be a battery issue. It's not normal operation for sure.
    That is what I am talking about. I knew it was only a matter of time before you see this and step up and do what is right. Only met and talked to you a couple of times, but you made an impression then, and continue to impress. Hope to see you again when you make it to our side of the woods.
    Heck, you can come an hang out with us at the M109 rally. I would love for you to see how many of those guys I have gotten on spyders. Converted 3 this past June.
    BTW, it will be in either Maggie Valley or Asheville this June. I know you love the area.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I use mine on every ride. Especially checking my tire pressure throughout a ride. Don't want to ride on low psi's (LOL!)

However, the battery has completely become useless. It works when it is plugged in only. It turns on without being plugged in, but it won't pump at all just off of the battery..

I am NOT disappointed! I love this little pump, and it is NO big deal just to plug it in. The cord is plenty long to reach the front wheels. I don't even want to return it. It works extremely well, and I would've bought it without it being cordless.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black